Seraphim Goes High Brix with Strawberry-Diesel

Seraphim

Seraphim goes HIGH BRIX with Strawberry-Diesel and Doc Bud's Kit!

You guys have no idea how excited I am to finally start down the road to my first High Brix grow with Doc Bud's kit!

First off, credit where it is due; A huge, dank, sticky thank you to Doc Bud for doing the legwork and putting together this absolutely new, innovative and scientifically accurate method of cannabis cultivation.

THANK YOU DOC BUD!!!! You are a pioneer among cannabis growers. In the book of the history of cannabis, your name shall surely be written with bold ink.​

What strain is it? ......................Holy Smoke Seeds STRAWBERRY DIESEL
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?.............50% Sativa / 50% Indica. (NYC Diesel x Strawberry Cough)
Veg or Flower stage?..................Veg
Indoor or outdoor?.....................Indoor
Soil or Hydro?............................SOIL~ Doc Bud's High Brix Soil
What is in your mix?
..............................................Pro-Mix HP 3.8cf
..............................................30Lbs Earth Worm Castings
..............................................Doc Bud's Soil Amendment (Comes in the kit)
What size pot?..........................3Gal VEG => 10 Gal Smart-Pot for Flower
Size of light?.............................Veg = MARS-II 400 Veg Spectrum
..............................................Flower = Advanced LED Diamond Series XML-350 LED @ full blast
Is it air cooled?..........................Yes. Units comes with internal fans
Size of room/cab........................Veg = 22" X 36" X 65" Bloom = 32"X 32" X 65" tent
Temp of Room/cab?....................75F
RH of Room/cab?........................20% to 30%
PH of media...............................6.2
Any Pests?................................None
Watering Schedule?....................As necessary

IMG_33247.JPG

IMG_33255.JPG

How things got started: I have a separate grow and journal going with a Strawberry Diesel plant in Mineralized Supersoil and I took five cuttings from her. The cuttings were rooted for exactly 14 days in the OxyCloner with a 100% success rate in root creation. On 12/19 they were moved from the cloner to Solo cups with well-cooked high brix soil, a sprinkle of ROOTS! powder on the newly developed roots and watered with ¼ strength Transplant.

I am using distilled water for everything here. And against my deepest growing instinct, I am not PH'ing the water at all. So far so good.

Yesterday one of the clones was moved into a 2 gal smart pot with High-Brix soil just like before, a sprinkle of ROOTS! powder around the root area and watered with Transplant. This morning she looks happy and healthy.

The High Brix soil grow has begun!

I normally have been starting my journals at the start of flowering to keep them more interesting but this one starts now at the dawn of veg state. The reason is mainly because I want to be well documented in the likely event that I need help from Doc, he will be able to see via this journal everything that has led to any particular event or point in time. This will help him help me when I need guidance.

I have been familiar with the process of growing for a very long time even before I started growing. I studied this topic for many years inside and out in books and forums as just an incredibly fun and engaging reading over a joint or bowl. When I was in my early 20s and had room mates, they would comment on finding extremely detailed sketches of imaginary CO2 enriched grow rooms on any piece of paper that found its way to my idle hands.

Eventually I had the means to grow and did. And I blew myself away with the quality I could produce for myself. But I was still not 'stable' at those times. Other sporadic isolated grows took place but nothing continuous until I moved here to Colorado and got going.

All of that time leading up to now, I have known one way to grow which is with salts(in other words, with fertilizers and nutrients as most grows here work). I have read about TLO, etc but never tried anything like that.

The reason I summarize all of that up is because I want you to get anidea of what it means when I tell you that this grow that I am about to start here throws everything I have learned during that time out the window. That is right. I learned how important PH balancing your water is; now I have to forget that. I learned to feed the right nutrients, now I have to forget that. I never used to foliar feed my plants or wash my buds upon harvest, now I have to learn that. Etc. etc.

At first it all looked too complicated and it turned me off a little as I imagined the extra work that is likely involved with this type of growing. But, the promise of a higher level of quality was too strong a temptation to pass up so I kept reading and learning about Doc Bud's High Brix growing and before I knew it the writing was on the wall and I was cooking my High Brix soil. It turns out it is actually pretty simple system!

>>FFWD to today and I am finally starting this grow. I know that this is not the type of strain that Doc normally grows High Brix so there are likely to be some bumps on this road that I will have to get through and that is fine.

Thank you again Doc for this revolutionary new way to grow. I cannot wait to get this dialed in and producing proper quality *which I fully expect will take more than one grow cycle to accomplish*.

:Namaste:

Welcome everyone!

:welcome:

re: Seraphim Goes High Brix with Strawberry-Diesel & Doc Bud's Kit!

Definitely subbed. This will be a super exciting grow, those ladies will look beautiful my man...... Guaranteed in that High Brix soil.

re: Seraphim Goes High Brix with Strawberry-Diesel & Doc Bud's Kit!

In on the ground floor for this one! Good luck and I'll be studying all these HB grows like I'll be tested for a final exam! I'll be ordering my kit soon and these journals are absolutely amazing sources for new growers in general and new HB growers specifically. Thank you!

I'm in, Seraphim!

I'll be joining you with my first DocBud soil grow later in the coming week. Nervous, but also excited to start my first soil and LED grow. All my grows up to now have been coco hempy with MH/HPS.

The Hyperion Cantos is certainly one of the epic S.F. stories. My favorite of all time and some of Simmons other novels are pretty damn good, also. Glad you enjoyed it...and thank you for your service, Shags. :high-five:

...any updates, Seraphim?

I just noticed your rH is 20 to 30%......We gotta get that up to 50 to 60% brother. The plants will be much happier.

Thank you Doc!!!

Very happy to see you stop by.

I will get that taken care of.

Hey guys.. You know I was wondering why no one had posted anything in my hi-brix thread .. i was starting to get a little down.. then I checked and I never subscribed! (fixed that) I must have been medicated/too excited to start it and forgot to sub.

Anyway........

On the up-side, it is great to come back and see all this action! Welcome everyone and thank you all for your comments and stopping by!

There has not been much change since the first post. Her soil is still moist. So no water yet. She is standing up straight and looks happy.

:welcome:

Thanks again everyone and welcome!

Glad you went looking or I wouldn't have seen it either! :laughtwo:

+subbed!

Ill sub too!

You didnt answer my question but its ok! I really want to grow a type of cheese with my High Brix, as its always been my favorite. Ive noticed it seems different strains react differently with Docs kit.

Anyone know the best strains?

Ill sub too!

You didnt answer my question but its ok! I really want to grow a type of cheese with my High Brix, as its always been my favorite. Ive noticed it seems different strains react differently with Docs kit.

Anyone know the best strains?

Landrace strains, or IBL strains are best. The less a strain has been crossed the better. Anything will grow well, some grow ridiculously well.

Thanks Doc.

Added a humidifier to the veg tent.

RH now in the 48%-50% range. Thanks for the catch Doc.

Fridays is "De-Stress" Day. So I sprayed this with De-Stress morning. (Tuesdays is 'Brix-Day') This way I keep things in order in my head.

Soil still not dry enough to water.

Everything looking good.

Landrace strains, or IBL strains are best. The less a strain has been crossed the better. Anything will grow well, some grow ridiculously well.

So it really doesnt matter as long as its from a good breeder basically? or an original strain? When I get seeds, i want them from neville (Mr.Nice), TGA subcool, or paradise of the islands. Might get some dutch passion strains as well.

Back
Top Bottom