Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

re: Seraphim's Coco-Hempy Bubba-Cheese & Blue Widow LED Grow Journal 2014

What's a good distance to keep your LEDs above the plants :hmmmm:

In veg I keep them between 25 and 30 inches. The younger the plant the further up the light.

Once the plants start to bloom I move mine to between 18 and 24 inches. I have caught some colas getting up to within 15 inches of the light before with no damage to speak of but I usually raise the light when I catch this back to at least 18 inches.

This may not be the only way that works, but its working for me.

Final weight - Bubba-Cheese = 104 Grams dry (3.7 Ounces)

There is a very good reason why they call this strain Cheese. The smell is 100% all cheese. Not a hint of Bubba- at all in this one.

I remember looking at Bubba-Cheese and thinking to myself I would only get 1.5, maybe 2 oz. I'm quite happy with the outcome to say the least.

So lets summarize the final weight of the 3 plants in this Journal

Ms Devil = 46 grams

Blue Widow = 127 grams

Bubba-Cheese = 104 grams

Total = 277 grams or 9.89 Ounces . A personal record for three plants!

Total savings over buying bud at the store... (drum-roll)..... $3,700!!!

I will come back and post links to the smoke reports for both Blue Widow and Bubba-Cheese. In the mean time, I would consider this Journal complete at this point.

Thank you everyone for following along with me. It was a good haul but more importantly I feel like I've made some new 420Mag friends along the way and that is much more than I expected from this grow.

:Namaste:

very nice haul!

need to sub to your other journal!

dont forget to report this as completed if you havent already!

nice savings too ;)

I&i

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Final weight - Bubba-Cheese = 104 Grams dry (3.7 Ounces)

There is a very good reason why they call this strain Cheese. The smell is 100% all cheese. Not a hint of Bubba- at all in this one.

I remember looking at Bubba-Cheese and thinking to myself I would only get 1.5, maybe 2 oz. I'm quite happy with the outcome to say the least.

So lets summarize the final weight of the 3 plants in this Journal

Ms Devil = 46 grams

Blue Widow = 127 grams

Bubba-Cheese = 104 grams

Total = 277 grams or 9.89 Ounces . A personal record for three plants!

Total savings over buying bud at the store... (drum-roll)..... $3,700!!!

I will come back and post links to the smoke reports for both Blue Widow and Bubba-Cheese. In the mean time, I would consider this Journal complete at this point.

Thank you everyone for following along with me. It was a good haul but more importantly I feel like I've made some new 420Mag friends along the way and that is much more than I expected from this grow.

:adore::adore::hookah:Congratulations on 3 really great grows and harvests, and on a really great journal! Following along in this journal has helped me more than you can know Seraphim! :hookah::adore::adore:

:adore::adore::hookah:Congratulations on 3 really great grows and harvests, and on a really great journal! Following along in this journal has helped me more than you can know Seraphim! :hookah::adore::adore:

And writing it has helped me tremendously as well, directly and in more subtle ways by leading me to make new friends which led to me learning new things I most likely would have missed had I not taken the time to share my experience with others. So thank you, Sir Catman, for being an important part of this exchange of ideas, knowledge and learning.

Hello 420Mag, and hello Seraphim. Been lurking for a year, but this is my first post. This is for Seraphim, and also Govmntchz. Noticed you both were in coco, and using led. Noticed problems you had in the early going. Been in the exact same boat, and used two different leds from growsara. Mars ll 700 G14A140x5w(334w actual), and the GO9B144x3w(270w actual). I was getting runts in seeds that I KNOW have great genetics! Also, was getting early yellowing in seedling leaves; like it had a calcium deficiency 2 weeks from germination. It was a combination of 3 crucial mistakes.
When growing using led light, ambient room temps should be 85F. Leds alone tend not to raise temps in room enough for plants to properly transpire. 85-90F gives you great results. Also, when using coco, you should feed from seedling until flush. Started seedlings with Alaska Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 @400ppm. Used peat pellets in 2gal 50/50 coco/perlite hempys. Added 4oz each morning for first week.....6oz per day 2nd week. Once roots hit res, feed until you see a little run off each day. They grow similar to active hydro that way.
Last tip......I modified my hempys. Those green plastic saucers(catch basins) are 2-3" deep. I drilled 1/8" holes around the lowest point of the buckets, as close to bottom of bucket as possible. Spaced holes out at 2" apart all the way around. This gives 2 options. Option 1, you can fill basin with nutes, sit your bucket in the saucer, and let it act as a regular hempy, wicking from the res, especially if you need a day or two between watering. Option 2, you can put a brick (or whatever) in the center of the basin, sit the bucket on the brick, and water (daily) until you see about 10% runoff. Leave for 10 min. to drain, then remove brick, dispose of runoff, and sit hempy back in dry basin until next feed. I suggest op.2 whenever possible. In flower, I watered twice daily in the end.
Hope this helps someone. :peace:

Thank you for your input billybogus.

However, at this time I too have moved away from Coco.

Back
Top Bottom