Seraphim's Tangilope - Coco Smart-Hempy - LED Grow 2014

Re: Seraphim’s Tangilope - Coco Smart-Hempy - LED Grow 2014

Reps on the bud Washing! Is it your first time washing?

Catman, read this Bud Washing

I will be washing my harvest (whenever that will be).

Catman, Colesdad, Gentlemen, than you both.

Yes, Catman, they have a better explanation there in Colesdad link than I can put together right now as far as how to do it and why.

I will report on my own experience with the wash here. And yes, it is my first time washing and holy crap! I can see the brown water left behind upon rinse and I think to myself "I used to smoke all of that".

While I too cringed at the idea of bud washing when I first heard of it (read of it) I have warmed up to it nicely. It makes sense that removing dirt and other junk that gets in there during the grow (and leaving the plant and trichomes behind intact) is a good idea and when compared to food, I was sold. I will let you all know how it goes but I don't expect any surprises there.

A careful check of the buds right after washing and hanging reveals all trichomes are intact on the buds. I am not missing heads or anything from what I can tell. Of course I will be checking and re-checking through the day to confirm but thus far it seems clear that the trichome heads are not affected by the wash.

Buds are very buoyant! They want to float. I had to push them in there and shake then. It seems they are impermeable as well as the buds seem to come out fairly dry after the first complete dunk. And think about it. In nature, it rains! Right on the bud. Multiple times in the life of a tropical sativa in its natural habitat. So nature does wash them buds as well to some degree.

Thank you Budworshipper! I will certainly try!

Absolutely gorgeous Seraphim. Those are some wonderful plants and budz - great job. That is a strain I've never seen before. My mouth is watering - I think one hit from smoking one of your pics would medicate me for hours lol. So glad I finally made it to you your great journal. mmm mmm mmm Well done and looking forward to following along. Cheers

:yummy:

:Namaste:

Thank you colorfuldayze and Welcome aboard!

:welcome:

Reps on the bud Washing! Is it your first time washing?

Catman, read this Bud Washing

I will be washing my harvest (whenever that will be).

Catman, Colesdad, Gentlemen, than you both.

Yes, Catman, they have a better explanation there in Colesdad link than I can put together right now as far as how to do it and why.

I will report on my own experience with the wash here. And yes, it is my first time washing and holy crap! I can see the brown water left behind upon rinse and I think to myself "I used to smoke all of that".

While I too cringed at the idea of bud washing when I first heard of it (read of it) I have warmed up to it nicely. It makes sense that removing dirt and other junk that gets in there during the grow (and leaving the plant and trichomes behind intact) is a good idea and when compared to food, I was sold. I will let you all know how it goes but I don't expect any surprises there.

A careful check of the buds right after washing and hanging reveals all trichomes are intact on the buds. I am not missing heads or anything from what I can tell. Of course I will be checking and re-checking through the day to confirm but thus far it seems clear that the trichome heads are not affected by the wash.

Buds are very buoyant! They want to float. I had to push them in there and shake then. It seems they are impermeable as well as the buds seem to come out fairly dry after the first complete dunk. And think about it. In nature, it rains! Right on the bud. Multiple times in the life of a tropical sativa in its natural habitat. So nature does wash them buds as well to some degree.

Wow thanks for the info! I read through that post, including replies...too late for me for this harvest, but I am really, really interested in your report Seraphim...What do you think in the end?

It has been very dry here in Colorado lately. Today is Thursday, just three days from cut, and I am already putting the washed and dried buds into jars along with their Boveda62 companions. The top crown of buds turned out to be 61 grams dry of just top shelf nugs. That is 2.2 ounces. Very good for the first half of the harvest.

I am no longer calculating what I would have saved from going to the store because there is no way I can smoke all this myself. I suspect that there will be a lot of happy people around me this holidays. I will be giving away nugs to everyone I know that smokes. I am thinking of making little souvenirs with a small Xmas ornament on them and a nug or two along with a rolling paper or two. This will be so much fun!!!!

C-man and Co. Stay tuned for my take on bud washing. I should have left one bud unwashed to compare this round. No worries, I still have the other half of the plant left and I will leave some of those buds unwashed so that I can compare but again, I expect the washed bud to come ahead in every way.

Thanks for stopping by!

Thank you colorfuldayze!

Good day friends. Hope today finds you happy, healthy and content.

Today at 56* days of flower the rest of the plant was finally harvested. The second harvest seems to have been more work than the first one because there are more loose buds. Re-vegetative attempt has begun with a feeding of veg nutes and relocation to the veg tent where lights are on 18 hours. There was more bud in there than I thought. Pictures in a little bit..

I washed these buds again but this time I did it differently. I only used one dunk of plain distilled water. Not three like the recipe calls for. I also shook them a lot less than the first time. Additionally, I put aside a small pile of buds and left them completely unwashed. I am looking forward to exploring the differences between them. Of course, my findings will be posted here.

* I think the early maturation had something to do with the 13hour Dark/11hour Light photo period. More tests needed to confirm but I am almost certain.

Pictures....

Here are some buds hanging..

IMG_31307.JPG

An additional row inside the shower beyond the three above...

IMG_31315.JPG

And this is what is left of Ms Tangilope. I left some small popcorn on her and some leaves. We will see if anything comes of it.

IMG_31346.JPG

I will come back to post final harvest weight and dried bud pictures. Wish I could give you all a scratch-n-smell too.

Thank you for stopping by!

Thank you Sir! :Namaste: This is definitely the best bud I have grown since I started growing again this year.

Tangilope cries.

After I harvested the rest of Tangilope I watered what was left of her with veg nutes and placed her into the veg tent. A few hours later I notice that everywhere that I cut is now dripping out water. Little drops fall every so often making it look like she's crying.

However, the purple color in the stems seems to be getting pushed out to the tips. There is less and less purple in the end of the thick stems I cut and it seems that more green is taking over already leaving only about a half inch of purple just at the end of those cut stems.

I also sprayed a little bit of mild de-stress on her to see if that helps her out a little. I am sure she is more than a bit stressed right now. It's a nice and toasty 80* in there so I hope she likes it.

Wow Seraphim. I can't wait to see how she rebounds and progresses. That is some serious hydraulics - her heart is still pumping to provide water - a fountain of love and life! De-stress the ladies and they will de-stress you :) Interested to know more about the de-stress solution and looking fwd to researching and seeing your results. I also just read the breeder's abstract on Tangie and it sounds like an absolutely fantastik variety and it is on my list. Thank you Seraphim, cheers brah

Cheers mate!

Yes, she is quite unique. I have never smelled or tasted cannabis like this one ever before. So nice! I would not be going through this effort of re-veg if she wasn't worth it.

IMG_31416.JPG

I think if they were here they would agree its pretty good smoke!

Back
Top Bottom