Seraphis's Northern Lights - 2016 - My 1st Grow

I should also add that I have a Mars Hydro Reflector 48 coming tomorrow. Do you think I should start using it or stick with the CFLs?

What I've done is transition my seedlings into the LEDs footprint. If you put them in right away and happen to be to close to the lights It may get heat stress and/or bleaching. Start putting the seedlings under the LEDs outside footprint for a day, there's plenty of light there for a seedling. Then over a few days move them directly under the lights @30 inches or so (I use dual 48x5 reflectors) if they don't show any signs of tacoing (heat stress) then all is good. I started at the edge of my tent and moved it 6" toward the light central footprint everyday. Some plants react differently than others though so keep an eye out for any signs of progress light burn (holes/rips), heat stress and bleaching in the leaves. All indicative of being to close to the super sick mars LEDs. I'd say for sure use it, you'll use some many cfls in flower it will be ridiculous. It's a great light, put it to use mun. :)

Hope that helps some. KiG :green_heart:cheers

This was a great idea! I added the LED last night and kept it outside of the footprint a bit. I kept two of the CFL lights on it too just in case. I read that plants tend to stretch when started out under a stronger light source that is far away.

I also watered it with some Fox Farms BB. The soil was dry a few inches down and the FF schedule says to add it during week one. I was a little nervous, but I figured I would listen to the experts on this.

I'll attach a pic of day 3 and day 4 after work.

Just remember Over watering is the worst thing to do with new plants. Make sure you you`re careful abt doing it, as much as you believe it helps, it doesn`t....

The Blueberry Bliss seed finally germinated in the paper towel today. :slide: I can't wait to see the two ladies side by side as they grow. The Northern Lights has a few day head start but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Anyway, here are some photos.

Yesterday
image8629.jpeg

Today
image8667.jpeg

You can definitely tell in the second photo that I moved the LED away so the seedlings will be on the outside of the footprint.

I use leds too but i will say imo that starting off with close cfls gives you really tight node distances which is always a great way to start off these plants. Using cfls for about the first month of my current project and slowly acclimating them to leds has resulted in a super dense and bushy canopy. Good luck man. I'll check in to see how things are going.

:goodjob:Looks nice man she's real happy for the time being are you planning on using something to stimulate the root growth like root juice or voodoo juice

Couple photo updates.

The Northern Lights plant's leaves seems to be curling a bit. I think it may be from the LED before I moved it outside of the footprint. I decided to just shut the LED off for now and give it CFLs until it's a little older.

image8800.jpeg

Blueberry Bliss sprouted yesterday and isn't looking too good :bitingnails: This was germinated in a paper towel then transferred into the smart pot a few days ago.
image8801.jpeg

What do you think? Should I be worried about the either of them?

:riskybusiness::rip: Services were held this afternoon for poor Blueberry Bliss who just couldn't make it. I'm not sure what happened to it. It's under the same lighting and was planted in the same soil as the Northern Lights, but it kept shriveling up.

On a positive note, the Northern Lights looks like she's in good shape.

I am a little worried about the temps in the tent. I went from temps in the upper 80's and low 90's to upper 50s and low 60s in the new tent. I may have to add a heater to the tent for a while. I turned off the 6" exhaust fan to see if that will help at all.

I'll send a pic of the new tent and Northern Lights in a few days.

Sorry to hear that about the blueberry bliss seed. It happens I would just germ another one if you have it to see how it turns out. You might need a small heater since the led's do not produce that much heat.

I tossed another blueberry in the soil to get her started a couple days ago. I also shut off the 6" exhaust fan to try and keep some of the warm air in the tent. My tent is in the basement and we've had some abnormally cold weather the last few days.

I'm going to run out and grab a small heater tonight or tomorrow if the temps haven't raised.

Looks like I'm getting some brown spots on the Northern Lights plant. I need to do some research to figure out what it may be.

I've only watered the plant twice in three weeks so I think that may be the issue. I've been too worried about over watering.

image9178.jpeg

Those spots could be a calcium or pH problem but it's too early to tell, keep an eye on them and if it gets worse (hopefully not) post new pics :hmmmm:

I went and checked on her this morning. They spots don't appear to have gotten any worse, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on them. So far I've only been able to find them on the older leaves and the new growth looks ok.

I've been making sure to only add 6.5 pH RO water so I hope it's not a problem with the water. I'll do some research on calcium and pH problems just in case it is either of those.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom