Serenity's First Grow

I'm gonna do one more feed tomorrow. Then if I flush for a week to get rid of salts/nute buildup she will be 8 weeks old. Im hoping that will be a good amount of time for her. The smell isn't terrible on one half of the house. But still, 3 steps in the door and my friend asked if I had smoked a bowl in the house lol. I also am accounting for a week of dry time which I know will only continue to smell.

It's been a super fun project but I'm not trying to lose an entire harvest or create issues for myself from being caught. If I ever grow again I'll definitely invest in a carbon filter, I just figured for one plant of was a pricey option. At this point I probably have more money invested than product I'll yield. Granted, I don't mind the extra money because it's been worth it for the experience

It will take a couple of grows to break even. After that it feels great being self sufficient.

If you can get your setup working well and resist the urge to upgrade things that aren't broken you'll be harvesting low cost bud for years.

Obi-Wan that is the goal eventually. Obviously I'll still keep what equipment I do have. But like I said, the thrill of growing my own is worth it to me anyways. The fact that I'll break even over time is just a bonus. My thought for this grow was to test the waters. No real need to drop $300 on an LED light and carbon filter if I'm only yielding $250 of bud (optimistically lol). Not including the cost of all the seeds I killed haha. And equipment, fertilizer, electricity.

Obi-Wan that is the goal eventually. Obviously I'll still keep what equipment I do have. But like I said, the thrill of growing my own is worth it to me anyways. The fact that I'll break even over time is just a bonus. My thought for this grow was to test the waters. No real need to drop $300 on an LED light and carbon filter if I'm only yielding $250 of bud (optimistically lol). Not including the cost of all the seeds I killed haha. And equipment, fertilizer, electricity.

I think you will end up with more than $250 of smoke. And If you keep going, a tent, ($100) and you can get a whole 6" filter fan duct combo for $130 cheaper if you went 4". They arent the best Im sure but Im running one right now and it kills the smell for sure. I can tell a big difference when the tent is open for a bit and I leave and come back and as soon as I walk in the building (big building) I can smell it. But it the tent is closed, cant smell a thing. Very worth it. And all reusable. Filter has to be replaced every so often.
And Then you can grow you several plants and not have to worry. What ever you decide I wish you luck.

I think you will end up with more than $250 of smoke. And If you keep going, a tent, ($100) and you can get a whole 6" filter fan duct combo for $130 cheaper if you went 4". They arent the best Im sure but Im running one right now and it kills the smell for sure. I can tell a big difference when the tent is open for a bit and I leave and come back and as soon as I walk in the building (big building) I can smell it. But it the tent is closed, cant smell a thing. Very worth it. And all reusable. Filter has to be replaced every so often.
And Then you can grow you several plants and not have to worry. What ever you decide I wish you luck.

Thanks man! Mine is the same way about it being open/closed. Except for me it's never really closed because the gap at the bottom of the closet door. I'll definitely have to look into a tent and filter in the future. I would love to have a perpetual grow with a couple different strains so I can always have some bud. I'll have to see how things look further in summer as I'll hopefully have a new place with a more secluded area to grow in. I appreciate your input and advice though! I hope you're having a nice day

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom