Serenity's First Grow

I can hardly keep up with the lights lol. I'm trying to keep them close the way CFLs need to be but every day after work I have to adjust everything and move them up again. Is she gonna keep this up or will she level off a bit as she starts focusing on buds? Height isn't a huge issue in this closet, but the higher I go the less stable the table is gonna be that all my reflectors are attached to.

Anyways, thanks for checking in everyone! Hope you're all doing well and starting your weekend off right!

I can hardly keep up with the lights lol. I'm trying to keep them close the way CFLs need to be but every day after work I have to adjust everything and move them up again. Is she gonna keep this up or will she level off a bit as she starts focusing on buds? Height isn't a huge issue in this closet, but the higher I go the less stable the table is gonna be that all my reflectors are attached to.

Anyways, thanks for checking in everyone! Hope you're all doing well and starting your weekend off right!

It will level off after the stretch homie. Then it will focus more on producing nice thick buds. Once it does that you shouldnt have to move your lights around anymore unless you want to.

By week three or four the stretch will subside and bud production will begin.

So I have one single fan finger on one leave that is showing severe signs of nute burn or something. It is very low on the plant, 2nd node to be precise. The tip is brown/yellow and it is shriveling into itself. Is this an early sign of trouble to come? Or is it OK to have one sick leaf?

Also, regardless, do I clip it off or let mother nature do its own thing?

Sorry I haven't been active for a few days. I just moved the lights up again so I snapped a few pics. Included is a picture of some nute burn/deficiency on the lower leaves. Some advice there would be wonderful

Otherwise, the white hairs are multiplying and the smell is getting much more pungent. I think I'm still taking good care of her
tmp_18185-IMG_20160318_155124076_HDR678692490.jpg
tmp_18185-IMG_20160318_155131054_HDR1562861298.jpg
tmp_18185-IMG_20160318_155138870_HDR1359812481.jpg

Those lowest leaves look normal for their age. They will fall off in a few more days. No cause for concern there.

Mid leaves look like nute splash or something similar. Let it ride.

Looking really good.

/Obi

Glad to hear the first girl is off to a good start! The weeks of research are paying off already lol.

I'm using 2x 6500k and 2x 2700k standard CFL bulbs over each bucket. Nothing too special but I did wanna make sure I got enough light over each plant. And my previous research told me to keep the bulbs close.
My soil is just some organic stuff I bought at Walmart to be honest. I couldn't find any Fox Farms or anything usually recommended but I did avoid MG!! Lol
I also bought some Alaska Fish Fertilizer that is 5 : 1 : 1. Probably gonna lightly introduce that this weekend for the first time. Do you think that's too early for a light dose of nutes? She already has leaves with 5 fingers so I feel like she could handle a tiny dose

Anyways, other than that, no ventilation in the setup. I need to buy a fan in the next few days to get some airflow. It's just a small closet grow to pop my cherry lol.
Sorry if I've left out any other pertinent details, I'm definitely still new and at this point I'm just excited to have a plant growing!

i cant belive how great your plant is doing , i cant get fox farms in my area , i wish you could tell me what soil and your mix you got at wal-mart ?

i cant belive how great your plant is doing , i cant get fox farms in my area , i wish you could tell me what soil and your mix you got at wal-mart ?

Hey man, yeah I gotcha. I couldn't get a lot of the recommended supplies either. Between Walmart and Lowe's you should be able to find the following:

Jiffy organic seed starting mix- this was on sale at the time. Its a yellow bag and i forgot how many pounds it was but it was enough to fill a 3 gallon bucket. Mainly got it because it is organic and very low in nutrients out of the bag. As long as you avoid "hot" soils like MG you shouldn't have to be too picky.

Alaskan Fish Fertilizer- this is a 5 : 1 : 1 that I used as my veg nutes. The smell is horrible but my plant seemed to thrive from it. It doesn't burn the plants easily as advertised on the bottle. I started at 1/4 strength and worked up from there.

MG cactus food- so this one may not be your best choice, but it's what I've decided to use. It's a 2 : 7 : 7 with micros added in. It is my flowering food. I got slight burn on a couple leaves at 3/4 strength but she's only been fed this twice. Like I said though, there may be better options if you look around more.

For the soil and the nutes I'm in less than $20, which is a big factor since its my first grow. I didn't wanna go out and spend a fortune before I knew what I was getting into.

She is 38 days old. The pistils are numerous and still growing. One thing I will note is the original pistils coming off the main stem at the nodes are already turning red. Not sure if this is normal or not. Many of my fan leaves also have red stems, but the leaves still seem healthy otherwise.

IMG_20160325_115614.jpg
IMG_20160325_115314546.jpg
IMG_20160325_115332052.jpg

Back
Top Bottom