Serious Seeds' Kali Bubba

Huh. I just checked on Serious Seeds' website and can find no mention of Kali Bubba. Are you sure it's one of Simon's creations? I had the impression that he hadn't done any crosses with Kali Mist.

Hi TS, thanks for stopping by. Yes these are Kali Bubba seeds. They're actually directly from Serious Seeds. I've helped Thomas and Simon test a few of their varieties before they were released to the public (Kali Bubba, Serious 6, and Serious Kush).

That would have been a fun thing to participate in, methinks (I was a fan of Serious Seeds "back in the day," and am still a fan of Kali Mist).

Was Kali Bubba never released to the public, or only done as a part of their "Seriously Limited" program? Seems like it would have been popular; I am assuming that the Bubba part would have been Bubba Kush, BtW.

Oh, and good luck on your grow!

Kali Bubba is Kali Mist x Bubble Gum (I should’ve included in initial post). I know Serious 6 and Serious Kush were released but I’m not sure about the status of Kali Bubba. These seeds are from a few years ago. Let me message Thomas to get the details and I’ll let you know.

Here's more information from Thomas:

"Hi, Brian!

Thanks for the posts and contacting us about the question.

Kali Bubba has NOT been released until now.

It was produced several times and used as promo-seeds at fairs (and some websites) for our growers as bonus when they buy a pack, so they can try the new variety from Serious, which is in development.

We also ask the growers for feedback at this stage, and if we get enough positive feedback (and are happy with our own testgrows) it will be released as limited edition first under 'Seriously Limited'.

in reference to the other forum user: There is no Bubba Kush or any Kush whatsoever in this cross, it is straight up Kali Mist x Bubble Gum . Since we have a famous chewing gum brand here, which is called Hubba-Bubba, we thought Kali-Bubba is a good idea.

---
With best regards,
Thomas.
(Marketing-Manager Serious Seeds)"

The seedlings have been under the 150 watt HPS fixture for 1 week. I forgot to mention that I'm running them 12/12 from seed and I will be topping them when they show pistils.

My unknown flowering plant is 9 weeks in bloom today. It fattened up since being put under the 150 watt HPS fixture 1 week ago.

Are you trying to keep the plants (and the light) within the three square feet of space that a 150-watt HPS is good at illuminating?

Are you trying to keep the plants (and the light) within the three square feet of space that a 150-watt HPS is good at illuminating?

Yes, I want to keep the plants as close to the lamp as possible. I didn’t expect to have so many females and I’m worried that if I top they will be too crowded to fit under the reflector.

The plants are 2 weeks in flower today. Unfortunately I had to cut the tops of the 2 tallest Kali Bubba plants because I ran out of vertical space and the tops were burning near the lamp. I'm also going to have to remove 1 Kali Bubba plant because it grew male and female parts! I'm going to try to transplant it outside if it warms up in time. If you look back in this journal you can see that the middle left plant was stressed and deformed while it was young, but I kept it around because it grew out of it. This stress probably caused it to throw male and female parts. These Kali Bubba seeds are from 2015 and the good people at Serious Seeds are aware.

Hi all, sorry I missed the last few updates of this grow. Here is some Kali Bubba cured in a jar. She's very potent and a joy to indulge in. I have another grow underway and will update this thread with it soon.

Here's the plant I'm currently growing. I had two of them but one was a male. I topped, lollipopped, and I'm testing defoliation this round. I defoliated the top half of the plant so the bottom half can receive more light (since the light only comes from one angle in my situation with just artificial lighting from a static point above). Let's see how she does!

2 weeks in bloom:

3 weeks in bloom today:

Here is some Kali Bubba cured in a jar. She's very potent and a joy to indulge in.

Congratulations on your harvest. Feel free to post a strain report in:
Seeds, Clones & Strains

...or here, I suppose:

Back
Top Bottom