Set up help for DWC

peelaf

420 Member

Please let me know any recommendations... I do not have a water chiller ? do I need one? First grow currently going on its going decent but all of this extra stuff has made me want to try coco as my medium... less electricity and easier I feel...

What feeding schedule do yall use for Autoflowers? I am using flora series general hydroponics micro grow bloom and cal mag...

Please let me know any recommendations... I do not have a water chiller ? do I need one? First grow currently going on its going decent but all of this extra stuff has made me want to try coco as my medium... less electricity and easier I feel...

What feeding schedule do yall use for Autoflowers? I am using flora series general hydroponics micro grow bloom and cal mag...
This again? Haha

I have been growing in DWC buckets with no chiller for years. My tents are in a spare bedroom. I use Botanicare Kind Z7 and tap water. I use general hydroponics dual diaphragm pumps. They move a lot of air without a lot of heat. I try to keep it simple. That and a combo meter is all that is really needed.

So, Peelaf, are your plants still around? Are you gonna get a chiller, of other forms of cooling your water? I hope all is well.

I just finished a plant and it did 26oz. See? The power of hydro! Cheers

@Stltoed until then here’s a pic or two I have on my phone... talk to ya later- appreciate the help as always.

Attachments

• 6F7F7118-AD48-42B0-AE3B-9A387278A394.jpeg
    6F7F7118-AD48-42B0-AE3B-9A387278A394.jpeg
    810.7 KB · Views: 96
  • CF656520-9097-4331-9FA7-B7AEBCDD75A8.jpeg
    CF656520-9097-4331-9FA7-B7AEBCDD75A8.jpeg
    910.4 KB · Views: 96
@Stltoed Plants were germinated on 6/15, so it has been about 7 weeks or so. I think another four weeks should do, two more weeks of nutes then flush. I could and should get the dehumidifier I have going, it is just big and bulky... This is my first grow ever, excited to see what the coco will do also...

Quick question on FFOF--- I heard the first six weeks you can get by with just water... Do you need runoff when watering in soil? And how do I give nutes after the six weeks? liquid hydro nutes in soil? I have hard of top dressings but am not familiar with it...

Here is the link to my current grow and set up..

@Stltoed Plants were germinated on 6/15, so it has been about 7 weeks or so. I think another four weeks should do, two more weeks of nutes then flush. I could and should get the dehumidifier I have going, it is just big and bulky... This is my first grow ever, excited to see what the coco will do also...

Quick question on FFOF--- I heard the first six weeks you can get by with just water... Do you need runoff when watering in soil? And how do I give nutes after the six weeks? liquid hydro nutes in soil? I have hard of top dressings but am not familiar with it...

Here is the link to my current grow and set up..

I've always used Ocean Forest and fed the plants as soon as the cotylodons start to turn. I use the Gen Hydro trio for nutes in both soil and hydro. Start at half strength i only feed once a week when they are small. I usually water till there's a bit of run off,

@Stltoed Week 4-5 of my first grow ever... Also have two little fellas in coco 70/30 mix. Coco has been super easy and for now, on will probably just grow two coco plants and try to yield a pound in a 4x4. They look decent but are burning or something pretty bad... Going to try FFOS probaly soon too. Will mix in single bucket DWC here and there. I think this plant has like 3-4 more weeks till flush. IDK

Attachments

• IMG_9399.jpeg
    IMG_9399.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9398.jpeg
    IMG_9398.jpeg
    725.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9396 (1).jpeg
    IMG_9396 (1).jpeg
    716.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9395 (1).jpeg
    IMG_9395 (1).jpeg
    610.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9392.jpeg
    IMG_9392.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9391 (1).jpeg
    IMG_9391 (1).jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9390 (1).jpeg
    IMG_9390 (1).jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_9389.jpeg
    IMG_9389.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9388.jpeg
    IMG_9388.jpeg
    872.1 KB · Views: 76

@Stltoed Week 4-5 of my first grow ever... Also have two little fellas in coco 70/30 mix. Coco has been super easy and for now, on will probably just grow two coco plants and try to yield a pound in a 4x4. They look decent but are burning or something pretty bad... Going to try FFOS probaly soon too. Will mix in single bucket DWC here and there. I think this plant has like 3-4 more weeks till flush. IDK
Looks good man. A pound in a 4x4 space should be pretty easy. Nice job

Back
Top Bottom