Setting up for outdoor grow - Your tips, advice, suggestions welcomed!

morphRx

I'll have plenty of space in an outdoor area. This will be my first actual real grow, I've done some small fun projects on the side - nothing major that I was dedicated to and put a lot of time into.

I'm just trying to soak up as much information as possible. I'm pretty knowledgeable already but I wanted to get some more input on my setup.

I'll have anywhere from 12-24 plants. I'll be getting some clones at my local dispensary once I have everything ready.

When ready, I'll transfer each plant into a 1 gallon container (feedback?). The soil I'll be going with will probably be a FoxFarm soil suggested by the guy at my local hydroponics store.

Any tips and advice for the whole pH level system? Anyone want to point me to some good tools I can use to measure levels?

I'm just looking for as much advice as possible on this whole setup. Imagine it as your own and suggest the supplies and equipment I should invest into. My budget is pretty wide, I don't mind spending on quality.

Outdoors in 1 gal? Much too small as they will definately get rootbound. The smallest container I ever used outdoors was 5 gal. The bigger the better. ( I use 45 gal. smartpots for my outdoor plants) As far as foxfarm OF soil goes, I know its a bit 'hot' for young plants, cutting it with happy frog or a lower N potting soil will cure that. One problem with using pots outdoors is that the roots tend to get too warm as the black colored plastic pots really absorb the heat and can bake the roots. If you can find a way of shading just the pot with some kind of fabric or some such to keep the direct sunlight off of them it would help.

Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps

Back
Top Bottom