Setup for heat problem - will it work?

SmokieSmoke

Hi i got a heat problem. Got 33c in my grow room and humidity at 44%.
and i just did a setup and i dont know if it will work or not, but the setup is because i have already bought the items (part by part, when i had some cash). And i really dont wanna spend more ,unless its a most.

Will this work for odour and my heat problem? i just need it to get down to around 26-28c.

Info about my grow room.

SJ DS90
bk100 Svent 80w 250m3/h 2820min
4" rhino carbon filter
400w gib flower&grow light with 400 ballast not digital (it was a kit with reflector from GIB)
normal reflector that came with the light kit, just like wings> _-~v~-_ (like that (v=light ))
5" inline fan 16w 185m3/h 2400min
Variac fan speed controller 1.5 amp for the bk100, to control it after the lights go off.
Electronic fan dimmer 1.5 amp for the inline fan, to get a negative pressure.

growing 11x 6l clones, just to take the best clones and use them as mother, when that is done my real pot setup will be 4x 18l pots with the best fems.

If i missed soimething, just tell me. I hope somebody can tell me if that heat setup can get my heat problem down with few Celsius.

Re: Setup for heat problem (will it work?)

Do you have a better solution for my problem?
Will it help if i dont get a air cooled reflector but a 6" rvk fan and used the 4" bk100 to inline with the 5" 16w fan?

Or maybe something else?

Thanks for your reply, really fast :)

[edit] the 6" rvk connect to the 4"rhino with reduser.

I'd try eliminating the Y, go from filter to hood to exhaust. Try leaving your fresh air intake open, put a piece of ducting with a loop or corner in it to eliminate light coming in if necessary. the pull of the exhaust fan should pull fresh air from fresh air vent. If desired temp can't be reached you may need to add a fan to fresh air vent or get AC.

But will it work with 4" rhino > 4" to 6" reducer > 6" air cooled hood > 6" to 4" reducer > 4" exhaust fan.

Or do i need to get a 6" exhaust fan? Cause i havent used my 4" exhaust fan yet, so its pretty bad if i need a bigger one without using the one i bought.

Thanks for the idea, looks like im gonna go that way. Just need to know if my exhaust fan can pull it when its a 4" and the hood gonna be 5-6".

Yes. I dont got a hood yet. But i cant find a 4" air cooled hood. Only 5" and 6"
And my exhaust fan is 4" and duct is 4", rhino filter is 4". But my inline fan is 5".

So i will need a reducer from 4 to 5" or 4 to 6"

This sounds like you might be doing a small or stealth grow. If you havent bought your lights yet why are you going with hot traditional lights instead of LED? Not needing to convert from 4" to 6" ducting will save some money on duct reducers.

I am running 2 small tents with LED lighting and only need to pull air through a filter out to exhaust heat. Using a 4" fan on each tent vented into the attic crawlspace.

The problem is, that i already got the light kit. I just got it part by part over a year, cause i didnt had the money for a complete kit.
I think im gonna try with few more fans or a 6" exhaust fan and 6" hood to pull through the 4" rhino.
Like Marzbadrock wrote.

But 2 bad i dont got led.

Because right now i got a 4" 100mm fan to pull air out, out of the 4" 100mm rhino filter. But if it need to go through the 5" 125mm air cooled hood. Then i was afraid of that it will be to much to pull for the fan. So i put the Y in there, so it could get some help to pull the hot air.
Sry my english isnt perfect, so its little hard to explain. So i hope you understand what i mean. But that wont work like said in the first response.

Because right now i got a 4" 100mm fan to pull air out, out of the 4" 100mm rhino filter. But if it need to go through the 5" 125mm air cooled hood. Then i was afraid of that it will be to much to pull for the fan. So i put the Y in there, so it could get some help to pull the hot air.
Sry my english isnt perfect, so its little hard to explain. So i hope you understand what i mean. But that wont work like said in the first response.

The Y will keep the filter from cleaning your air. Hook it all up temporarily and run the fan, see how much air comes out. I am guessing you will be fine with only one light.

Tried that. But i dont get any negative pressure at all.
My filter and fan is too small.
So i think i need to go back with my products and replace them with bigger ones. Then i need to pay some extra but i feel like i dont have any options anymore.

The flow isnt so strong with the filter on.
And it dosnt even get the heat down by 1celsius. Actually it raises to 35+ celsius.
I think i need to change from 4 to 6 inch fan and filter. Thats cheaper than a/c unit

I dont got a temp on that actually. But its comming straight from the window (window is always open)
Its been a little sunny but that isnt the problem, because the temp is the same even if it rains outside.

I feel like i got 2 options here, 1 is the a/c unit and number 2 is go from 4 inch to 6 inch fan and filter.

Back
Top Bottom