Several questions

luckydux

I've been tasked with properly setting up an existing grow and the lighting setup is unique. They planned on using basic digi timers for LEC 630's. 2 lights per timer, 15 lights per room. Even tho the timers are rated for 1750 watts they have started to fail.
After searching for a light controller it appears that when running more than 4 lights, 220 ballast are needed due to amperage draw. 220 ballast are not what I'm working with. So. I can either rewire the ballast or ask some electrically inclined folks about possible options!
These lights have the ballast inside the reflector and I'm assuming they're multi tap. Which I guess is my first question. Does anyone know if they are?
And if they are and I change the ballast voltage to 220, will I need to change the cordsets??

This room is operational and very full. Accessing each light will be a PITA!
The fuse box is in the same room if that helps with expounding on my predicament.
Any advise is appreciated!

I guess I should state that I prefer to use the 110 ballast. Can I somehow McGyver my own controller that would be cheaper or less laborious than retapping the ballast?
Edit-- I really have no desire to do some fancy yoga getting to each light in this...

Attachments

• 20191020_191553.jpg
    20191020_191553.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Multiple 120 circuits. Each circuit controls 1 timer and is on its breaker at the panel. I haven't looked at the gauge of romex but if it happens to be heavy enough for 240 then that could potentially be beneficial. Otherwise it could get even more ghetto if I gotta run extension cords from each light to a controller :p

I'm not following ya with the wires between breakers and load ??

Thanks! I'll do do some research there!
I had a basement grow years ago that used something that looked like that but my wifes mother (electrical engineer) hooked it up. It was also only a 3 light grow though

Back
Top Bottom