Sevin Bug Spray

I would definitely stay away from it! Look into Sierra Natural Science products, they are a site sponsor. I am using SNS 209 on current grow and I have no pests.

Hey SweetBabyRae74,

Welcome to 420, glad to have you on board. That’s an old thread from 2011 and that’s perfectly fine, just wanted you to know it may not get a ton of responses. Settle in a drop a journal down
Ha Ha ! Way old thread

Re: Sevin Bug Spray:

The active ingredient in Sevin is Carbaryl, a non-systemic pesticide, so the plants won't take it up into its tissues. If you are still in the veg stage you should be perfectly fine with it. If you are in bloom, you should wait a few days/weeks before you harvest. Sevin is supposed to be safe for use prior to harvest, but that is for foods that are typically washed prior to consumption as opposed to smoking. If it was only applied to the lower branches and root zone you have nothing to worry about.
What if it was applied elsewhere but I have 3 weeks left before harvest

Hey VA2SC,

it’s an old thread from 2011 so most of those peeps are gone from this site. Anywho no worries at all.…. many folks have never heard of bud washing but it’s very common place around here. The plants trichomes are stuck like glue, it takes either flash freeze, steam or solvents like acetone, grain alcohol, isopropy alcohol to break down trichs…. trichs are not water soluble. Bud washing is used to remove insects, insect poop and any residual chemicals from foliar spray.

where did you apply seven dust?

my 2 cents more will jump in soon….

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of people here who can help out.

You should be able to find the recommended time between application of Sevin and when the active ingredients have broken down enough that the plant is considered safe & ready for harvest. I have a bag somewhere in the garage and can't get to it till next week but it should be on the back of the bag or canister or what ever type of container they used for shipping and sale.

What or where is the "elsewhere" you mention. Some of the group might be able to help if you mention where else it was applied.

Hey VA2SC,

it’s an old thread from 2011 so most of those peeps are gone from this site. Anywho no worries at all.…. many folks have never heard of bud washing but it’s very common place around here. The plants trichomes are stuck like glue, it takes either flash freeze, steam or solvents like acetone, grain alcohol, isopropy alcohol to break down trichs…. trichs are not water soluble. Bud washing is used to remove insects, insect poop and any residual chemicals from foliar spray.

where did you apply seven dust?

my 2 cents more will jump in soon….

Welcome aboard!
I applied it all over the plant bc the caterpillars was destroying it and I had to move fast. They are all gone now and I have 3 weeks of flower left to go

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of people here who can help out.

You should be able to find the recommended time between application of Sevin and when the active ingredients have broken down enough that the plant is considered safe & ready for harvest. I have a bag somewhere in the garage and can't get to it till next week but it should be on the back of the bag or canister or what ever type of container they used for shipping and sale.

What or where is the "elsewhere" you mention. Some of the group might be able to help if you mention where else it was applied.
I meant I put the seven dust everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom