CAT345longsti

hey just wondering if any has flipped 2 dayold cuttings 12/12 just to sex them I havem labeled to the mothers ...just wondering what people have experienced ...

Probably not a great idea to do that until at least the plant has roots. Most of the time, I find that sexing plants that way isn't even necessary. From my experience, they usually show on their own when they are mature enough to bloom.

CAT: Trying to sex cutting before roots form is a futile exercise. A plant is like any other living thing. There is a time for each stage of growth. Without roots, the plant can't do anything else. Forming preflowers requires maturity. ROOTED clones are genetically the same age as their parent and can be sexed under 12/12.

Also: You absolutely MUST label clones with their parentage, if you're trying to sex the parent without switching it to 12/12. Otherwise, all you have is information on the clone itself.

If the cutting is off of a mature plant that was showing preflowers then that's the only way you will be able to tell without letting it show preflowers on its own. A heathy, vigorous plant will show preflowers once it gets to a certain height.

If the cutting is off of a mature plant that was showing preflowers then that's the only way you will be able to tell without letting it show preflowers on its own. A heathy, vigorous plant will show preflowers once it gets to a certain height.

The mature plant will start growing nodes in an alternate pattern, instead of in pairs, and sometime after that, will show hairs if female or balls in pairs or fours if male.

Back
Top Bottom