Sexing method

jstepp590

I have a question about sexing methods. What I am wondering is whether it is ok to let the potential moms get 2 months old and then lower their light cycle to 12/12 for a week to induce flowering and sexing and then revert them back to veg once the sex is determined? Will using this method interfere with potency or cause them any problems in their life cycle?

The other method, taking a clone from the unsexed plant, rooting it, growing it out, then flowering it to sex the plant would be such a pain in the rear!

good ?its defiantly possible ill be interested on everyone in put 2

Ty Griz, it has been a question in my mind. The female should be mature, probably alternating internodes already, and this method just makes more sense. I don't consider myself to be an expert by any means and would love to hear some input.

I think if you starting from seed. grow them till the are big enought to clone put clone straight into flower it will tell you sex of mother .if you put your mother into flower it will take awhile to change it back to veg.but it can be done. :rollit:
rsz_1892bbb.jpg

I have a question about sexing methods. What I am wondering is whether it is ok to let the potential moms get 2 months old and then lower their light cycle to 12/12 for a week to induce flowering and sexing and then revert them back to veg once the sex is determined? Will using this method interfere with potency or cause them any problems in their life cycle?

The other method, taking a clone from the unsexed plant, rooting it, growing it out, then flowering it to sex the plant would be such a pain in the rear!

Why do either?

Take cuttings from mature plants, label well so you know what belongs to who.

Put the cuttings in a glass of water. Put under 12/12. The cuttings will survive long enough in the glass of water to show sex and that's all that's required of them. Toss them when done.

Do what you want with the boys and girls after finding out who's who.

All this flowering then re vegging or rooting a clone just to flower for sex is so unnecessary. A cut in a glass of water will work just as well.

DD

Same thing you were doing, just not rooting them first.

The cuts will easily survive a couple of weeks in the water (change every few days), more than enough time to show sex.

I've had them survive for better than a month this way, but didn't root worth squat, like 4 weeks+ to finally root. Not worth the effort unless there is no choice.

That little thing was an experiment on keeping clones in the fridge for a period of time. It can be done, but it's like re vegging a flowered plant. Works, but not very well.

DD

Back
Top Bottom