Sexing new strain

robcon

Started nw strain from seed and want to sex them by taking clones and sexing the clones instead of the plants that are in vegetative stage.Question is can I immediately after cloning cut the light back to 12 hrs or should I give them a chance to start growing a bit?

Yup You sure can. DEPENDING, on how many clones you have taken from that plant. But if you're cloning to find sex, why flip? why clone then?.. It can take 7 - 14 days to see the sex of your clones. Just have some patience and then proceed. BUT, if for some weird reason you need to switch to 12/12 immediately after cloning, then, yes. You can she will be hardly effected depending on the amount of clones you take. Anything over 3 I would wait a week then switch ;) Hope this has helped.:Namaste:

Trying to sex the plants that I have,want to take cutting ,1 from each plant to see what they are.Just need to know if I can turn the light down immediately after taking the cuttings to show sex instead of forcing all the plants I have that are in growth stage to stress them out from going to 12 hrs to show sex and then turning the light back up to start vegetative growth again.This way I can tell which clones came from which plant and yank them if they are males.

It might be to late for me right now :S . But I don't quite understand what you mean. (I take it you're not court typist :p). Are you implying you want keep the clones in the same area but dim the light so the clones can show sex?! Then start it up again when you know the sex to keep your normal plants growing in veg? IF this is what you mean. It's a 100% NO. Separate your plants from each other. Keep the clones under 12/12 under a different light in a different area completely. If you don't you run the high risk of stunted growth. It's usually a form of improper cultivation to do things this way. You can possibly endue stresses that might cause the plant to hermie when hit with flowering. These stresses can be unannounced until flowering begins, then "take effect". BUT, a vegging plant cannot "hermie" But it can create extra stress levels for your plant that is unwanted. (Had to really pick apart what you meant there. But I think this might alleviate the questions you had.) :Namaste:

Okay,maybe I wasn't clear with my question.Lets say I have 10 plants started from seed that are a few months old in a growroom.I want to sex these plants but don't want to stress them out by cutting the light back to see what they are and then turn the lights back up to keep growing.I want to take cuttings from each of the ten,marking them so to correlate to the plant that I took them from.I will put them in a second grow room,seperate from the 10 plants in the other growroom.I then want to sex the cuttings,turning the light down to 12 hrs a day.This way the parent plants are not affected at all.My question is:Can I turn the light down immediately on the clones to sex them or should I let them grow a bit before doing so?Then I can remove the parent plants as the clones show what sex they are. Thanks

Okay,maybe I wasn't clear with my question.Lets say I have 10 plants started from seed that are a few months old in a growroom.I want to sex these plants but don't want to stress them out by cutting the light back to see what they are and then turn the lights back up to keep growing.I want to take cuttings from each of the ten,marking them so to correlate to the plant that I took them from.I will put them in a second grow room,seperate from the 10 plants in the other growroom.I then want to sex the cuttings,turning the light down to 12 hrs a day.This way the parent plants are not affected at all.My question is:Can I turn the light down immediately on the clones to sex them or should I let them grow a bit before doing so?Then I can remove the parent plants as the clones show what sex they are. Thanks

:Namaste:

Now I understand. Sorry about that. Yup, you can flip the switch on the clones right away. Although I do suggest to most to wait 7 days for the roots to get established, but you can if you keep the enviroment just right. Take the cuttings, put em in rockwool (or whatever style you use for cloning) then under a cloning dome and leave the vents closed for the first three days while spraying them once in the am and once at night. After the 7th day open the vents fully. 10-16 days(depending on cuttings and conditions, you should be able to tell sex.) The dome is for keeping the humidity in. Cuttings need that humidity or they wont root. In some cases not even show sex. Just wither away. Unless of course you have a full humidity controlled room.

:peace:

:Namaste:

Now I understand. Sorry about that. Yup, you can flip the switch on the clones right away. Although I do suggest to most to wait 7 days for the roots to get established, but you can if you keep the enviroment just right. Take the cuttings, put em in rockwool (or whatever style you use for cloning) then under a cloning dome and leave the vents closed for the first three days while spraying them once in the am and once at night. After the 7th day open the vents fully. 10-16 days(depending on cuttings and conditions, you should be able to tell sex.) The dome is for keeping the humidity in. Cuttings need that humidity or they wont root. In some cases not even show sex. Just wither away. Unless of course you have a full humidity controlled room.

:peace

Back
Top Bottom