sexing

revid

First of all Iam a newbie and learning.Trying to sex a few plants that are about 3-4 weeks old.How many nodes do they need in order to sex them? I had them on 24 hrs since I potted them and just changed them to 12 and 12 this morning.I just have them under 1 4 ft fluorescent light (2 grow lights)with two extra daylight single bulbs to help. I was hoping to sex them before I changed light cycle but didnt know what to look for.I read somewhat but hard to spot and pick out which is which.What should i be looking for?thanks

Look where the node meets the stem, if it looks like a ball on a tiny stick, it's a male. If it's a pod with a white hair coming out, female. In the forums, go to the grow room, then go to frequently asked questions, and there is a sticky called everything you need to know about growing marijuana and there's a subset for sexing

Hello revid,

You´re asking 2 different questions. The answer to the first question is strain dependent, grow space and growers style or techniques.
The second question about sexing i can help you by suggesting you these 2 links with good info:

What are Preflowers

Determine sex

Hope it helps,
TF

thanks guys...great stuff.I am growing Early Mist and they are only about 10" high yet,not alot of nodes,I guess they are stetching due to the florescent lights I guess.I bought the "grow" bulbs but got a friend saying I should have bought the "daylight" kind.Your thoughts??

should have looked harder,just seen a nice sticky on the subject but feel free to comment all the same

Back
Top Bottom