Shaggy's MultiStrain - 1000W - Blue Dream - Madman OG - Private Reserve - Purple Jack

shaggyb13

This is my second journal and I'm already in week 4 of flowering so I will only post the more recent pictures of what it looks like now. I'll try to explain everything with this grow from the beginning. The grow started in a 4x2 space using a rubbermaid tote for a home made flood table under an open hood 430 watt HPS lamp. I didn't get many comments on my first journal so please post any suggestions or advice, or let me know if im fucking something up or should do different.

Quantum 1000w Digital dimmable ballast
Eye Hortilux Super HPS 1000w
Air cooled CAP reflector
6" GrowBright 424 cfm inline duct fan
6" Carbon Filter
3 x 3 Botanicare flood table
15 gallon reservoir

Medium:
Clones and seeds started in rapid rooters then put into 4" Rockwool Cubes then put into 2 gallon containers with Hydroton. Flooded every 2 hours only to the bottom of the rockwool cubes. Mostly flooding the roots that are in the hydroton. My plants are doing better with more frequent feedings vs. less feeding when I was flooding higher up the cubes. Also allows me to keep less water in the reservoir before pump starts sucking air, so less nutes being used.

Strains:

Clones: Blue Dream (1), Madman OG (1), Private Reserve/OG 18 (1)
Seedlings: Purple Jack (1), Hawaiian Candy (2)

Nutrients:

GH Rapid Start (for clones and seedlings)
GH FloraGro, FloraMicro, FloraBloom (using the Useless feeding schedule)
Rambridge Blossom Blood ( supposed to promote bud sites but is sold as a ph stabilizer which it does do my ph stays steady for days when used)
Fox Farms Open Sesame (started using 1st day of 12/12 through end of week 3)
GH liquid KoolBloom (started using beginning of week 4 of flowering)
GH Floralicious Plus (started using beginning of week 4 of flowering because I was given free samples)
AN Bud Candy (Started using day 1 of 12/12 through end of week 3)
M.O.A.B. (Plan to use only in week 5 based on the Useless feed schedule)I want use this instead of the dry KoolBloom because I have alot of it.But will go with the KoolBloom since its supposed to be used after the liquid.

First strain is a Blue Dream clone in rapid rooter planted into 4 " rockwool cube 1/29/15. 2 weeks later on 2/12 the clone rooted through the cube and put into 2 gallon container with hydroton. My first grow still had another 2 weeks to finish and I only had 1 430w HPS lamp so I put the Blue Dream under the HPS during light hours and would move to different room under cfl during dark hours.

Second strain is a seed I found in some Purple Jack I got from my local dispensary. Seed put into rockwool cube. Put into 2 gal. container with hydroton on 2/18/15. I put this one under the HPS during light hours moved to cfl during dark.

Third strain is 2 seeds from a bag of a strain the dispensary calls "Hawaiian Candy". I have no idea what it is.I've searched and found nothing about it. It's something the collective came up with. It's a sativa and smells like skunk. I like it. They were both started the same day as Purple Jack and were both in pots under the HPS starting 2/18/15.

Fourth & Fifth strains are a Madman OG clone and a Private Reserve (aka OG18) clone both planted into 4 " rockwool cubes on 2/19/15

I kept them all under the 430w HPS lamp during light hours and move them all under a cfl during dark hours. What a P.I.A. until my first harvest was ready on 2/26/15.

At that point they were all under the 430 w HPS 24 hrs. a day.

3/7/15 update

Blue Dream 38 days old 12.6" tall. FIMMED top. Cut 5 middle branches for clones
Private reserve 17 days old 10.6"tall 4 nodes
Madman OG 17 days old 10" tall 4 nodes
Purple Jack 25 days old 8" tall 5 nodes. TOPPED top. Cut 3 lower branches for clones.

3/15/15 update

all 5 of the Blue Dream cuttings have rooted and are in 4 inch cubes

Blue Dream mom 47 days old 17" tall
Madman OG and Private Reserve 26 days old 12 " tall
Purple Jack 34 days old 10 " tall
Hawaiian Candy 9.6" tall

3/21/15

all 3 Purple Jack clones have rooted

3/24/15

Purple Jack mom: 12.6" tall FIMMED this time after already being topped previously
Hawaiian Candy #1: 15" tall
Hawaiian Candy #2: 12.75 FIMMED top.
Madman OG: 16" tall. FIMMED top.
Blue Dream mom:20" tall 57 days old.
Blue Dream clone 1: 18 days old 13" tall
Blue Dream clone 2: 11 days old 7.6" tall

3/25/15

Blue Dream clone 1: 19 days old. FIMMED top at 14"
Blue Dream clone 2: Broke main stalk clean off trying to supercrop at 9"

4/1/15

so at this point they have been in veg. for at least 4 weeks with the Blue Dream mom being in veg. for roughly 60 days and growing ridiculously big. We have

Blue Dream mom
Madman OG
Private Reserve
Purple Jack
Hawaiian Candy (2)
+
the 2 first BD clones are added to flowering to fill in the canopy

I decide to flip these to 12/12. I added Open Sesame and Blossom Blood at half the recommended dose since I was trying both together to my base nutes along with AN Bud Candy

4/6/15

Day 5 of 12/12

the seedlings (Purple Jack and Hawaiian Candy) not showing sex yet
the clones (Blue Dream, Madman, and PR) all showing white hairs.
Hawaiian Candy #1 SUPERCROPPED 5 branches to keep plant low and wide.

4/11/15 LIGHTING UPGRADED. Was able to get a good deal on a used 600w Nano Extreme digital ballast along with a CAP glass air cooled reflector. Now I can move my 430w HPS open hood lamp to another area and use for my vegging clones. No ducting fans yet (not in budget) just an open window and oscillating fans. Temp. is getting hot because temps are hot in So Cal right now. Got to about 85 at canopy. Ventilation is my next thing I need to get fixed like a.s.a.p.

Base Nutes for week 2 GHFlora: 3-7-12 + 1/2 tsp. per gal. Open Sesame + Bud Candy
transplanted Blue Dream mom to 3 gallon container

clones in veg:
BD#3 @ 11" tall
BD#4 @ 7.75"
BD#5 @ 5.75"

So of course just when thing are looking extremely good I go to raise my lamp a bit to try to get the temp. down. I pull on the ratchet rope and raise it a bit. I walk away for a minute and I hear a crash.Oh Fuck me the hooks in ceiling came out and down came the lamp. Luckily I was there at the time and was able to save the lamp. It fell bottoms up so no broken glass or worse electrical fire considering the plants were feeding at the time and the table was full of water. It's what I get for doing some things half assed. I have since bolted 2X4s to the ceiling and have the hooks attached to them. So the lamp didn't break BUT a couple of days later my ballast stopped working. I was able to get a credit from seller for what I paid but he didn't have any other used 600w ballasts so my choices for replacements were a new 600 watt or a used 1000 watt. So for $40 out of pocket I decided to go up to the 1000w.Quantum digital ballast and eye hortilux super HPS bulb.
At this point I need to get the ventilation solved so I get a 424 cfm 6" duct fan, ducting, and carbon filter from same seller for $110. So for $150 I think I did some major upgrading from the crappy setup I had started with.

I'm using a 3x3 flood table which has been placed inside a shower roughly 4 ft wide X 2 ft deep. but the actual bathroom dimensions are 4 ft. wide by 8 ft. in length.
So my canopy is roughly 4ft x 4 ft or 16 sq ft with my plants being lst'd and suppercropped to keed wide. I used an online yield calculator which calculates what canopy space and lumens would result in highest yield. in the calculations I learned that based on my room dimensions a 24 sq.ft. canopy would be best. So now instead of a 4X4 square area
Im adjusting the space by moving table away from shower more toward middle of bathroom to make it a 6x4 canopy and repositioning lamp away from shower to middle of room. I have all walls covered in Reflectix. I have fresh air coming in from open window and air coming in from the bedroom after removing bathroom door. The carbon filter is attached to the fan on opposite side of where the plants are and the air is venting out of the lamp straight to the attic.

Now the plants that light fell on. The Private Reserve main stalk snapped completely off right at the bottom above the first set of lower branches so the entire middle of plant is gone. It has recovered nicely and the middle section is filling in and those lower branches that were left are the top of the canopy filling in nicely with bud clusters. The Madman OG I attended to quicker and was able to take some cuttings which have since rooted and doing ok and the plant is kicking ass like nothing ever happened.

4/23/15
Day 22 flowering.week 3 nutes GH 3-8-14 + Bud Candy + 2.5 ml per gallon liquid KoolBloom.
PPM 1700
PH ? My meter broke

Re: Shaggy's multistrain 1000 watt grow Blue Dream,Madman OG,Private Reserve,Purple

Pictures after adding fan and ducting and repositioning table
IMG_152724.JPG
IMG_152620.JPG
IMG_152527.JPG
IMG_151717.JPG
IMG_151617.JPG

Re: Shaggy's multistrain 1000 watt grow Blue Dream,Madman OG,Private Reserve,Purple

Private Reserve day 20 of flowering after having lamp fall on her and broke main stalk right above the first set of lower brances. The entire middle of plant was taken out but has since recovered
IMG_145918.JPG

Blue dream clone 1 day 20 flowering
IMG_145422.JPG

Purple Jack day 20
IMG_145221.JPG

Hawaiian Candy day 20
IMG_145322.JPG

Re: Shaggy's MultiStrain - 1000W - Blue Dream - Madman OG - Private Reserve - Purple

Blue Dream day 32 flowering
blue_dream_bud_day_32.jpg

Re: Shaggy's MultiStrain - 1000W - Blue Dream - Madman OG - Private Reserve - Purple

Day 41 of flowering. Week 7 starts tommorrow. Here are some pictures of the Purple Jack (Jack Herer x Purple Kush).

Purple_Jack_Day_41.jpg
purple-jack-jack-herer-x-purple-kush-day-41-flower.921294

Purple_Jack_Day_4h.jpg

Purple_Jack_Day_4g.jpg
Purple_Jack_Day_41f.jpg
Purple_Jack_Day_41e.jpg

day 41 flowering Blue Dream, Purple Jack, Madman OG, Private Reserve
day_41_all.jpg

moved 2nd 3x3 tray with clones from veg. to flower room and added a 430 watt HPS in cooltube positioned to light the sides of the older flowering plants and the newer clone plants which are Blue Dream(3), Madman OG (1), Purple Jack (3). These clones are still in veg. mode for maybe another week before I will flip them to 12/12. They are removed from room each night and moved to a different area under a cfl. for now. The 1000 watt overhead covers both tables.
IMG_159620.JPG

some updated pictures at day 45. Started using M.O.A.B. 6 days ago or at 6 1/2 weeks. Decided to try Terpinator. Been using it for 2 days.

Madman OG:

Madman_Day_45.jpg

Private Reserve (OG18):

Private_Reserve_Day_45.jpg
Private_Reserve_Day_45_b.jpg

Purple Jack:

Purple_Jack_Day_45.jpg

Blue Dream mom:

Blue_Dream_Day_45.jpg
Blue_DreamDay45.jpg
blue_dream_day_45_b.jpg

Blue Dream #3:

blue_dream3_day_45b.jpg
blue_dream3_day_45.jpg
IMG_165816.JPG

upsated bud pics at day 58, starting week 9. Flushing for 7 days will flush for another 7 days then cut.

Purple Jack:
day58PJ.jpg

PJday58.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom