Share your ways to increase resin production

I would appreciate it very much if you would go to LMAO cloning for dummies there's a post that I left earlier telling everybody that strains that I am running now and a list of strains that I still have that I need to get started I would like people's opinion on what to start it is there if you feel like it I would appreciate it very much

What's the banding method you do know cutting to the plant whatsoever that way you never have to deal with it being stunted the way this works is we will use a 5 gallon bucket in this case you transplant your plant into the 5 gallon bucket as it starts to go up like it would in the wild you're going to take it and leave it in and out of all the holes that you have put all the way around the five gallon bucket running the main stem in a complete circle this will allow all the inside nodes to grow out like long branches which will all become colors without having to top your plant once less stressful for the plant strength training for the stems and has a lot of other beneficial benefits to it but you never would have to cut it you would put about 50 holes around the outside of a 5-gallon pot every time the plant decides it wants to go back up you will take it and pull it back down putting another loop around it and going back through the hole in the bottom you do this until you get all the way around the plant once you make it all the way around the plant all the side stems and nodes should be grown out a pretty good length this will allow you to make a good bushy plant in a very small area with plenty of light in the center of the plant to create Good Buds because middle is Hollow it's one of my favorite tricks to use when having to deal with small plants like Autos or in a small space please let me know if this helps you out any merry Anna
I did thia with loads of container plants, it works great. Also doing supercropping (stem "snapping"), i'll post pics when i can, it's rai ing cats dogs & turtles over here, has been for a weeks. It rained 2 inches in 2 hours on tuesday, we be swimming. Just waiting for some fiah to rain down, then it's a beach holiday.

I did thia with loads of container plants, it works great. Also doing supercropping (stem "snapping"), i'll post pics when i can, it's rai ing cats dogs & turtles over here, has been for a weeks. It rained 2 inches in 2 hours on tuesday, we be swimming. Just waiting for some fiah to rain down, then it's a beach holiday.
Bloody small keypad on my damn phone, can't wait to upgrade.
Thia = this
Fiah = fish.

You got to watch out when it is raining Turtles it can hurt if one hit you the cats and the dogs not so much they kind of just get started and run away but turtle shells hurt

Read about backbuilding last night. Also called bud tipping and fimming (?, that's what the blog says).
You trim about 2mm from the tip of the bud? Which makes it swell out, look better in jars & could lead to early ripening (or stunt bud ripening a few weeks, idk the correct method).
PLEASE NOTE: people who do this, say it's mostly beneficial to sativas with long, fluffy buds iso indicas cause they already have dense buds. You trim the grow tip, making it fill out sideways iso stretch longer. BUT: some guys say 1 week before harvest, others say week 4/ 5 of flower. Also reports of speeding up growth in 1 branch, then stunting othera
THIS IS NOT A GROW WEED QUICK METHOD. It looks like an advanced training technique, lots of not so positive feedback from guys who tried it on the wrong strain/ did it wrong/ cut off too much & screwed themselves out of a harvest.

What do you guys think? i'm always happy for techniques that work on sativas, i've buggered up a few harvests where i didn't realise that technique is strain specific...

I'm a week away from harvesting. I don't see any point in doing it now, but 3 weeks ago it seemed to work very well. I just copied the pictures at the start of the very long thread. I did it, because of a grow journal that I followed mentioned it.

It was really easy to do (need sharp, fine scissors). It didn't take very long. I should have taken pictures. If the bud looked like it wasn't developed enough I skipped it. The evidence of snipping was gone within two days, and the buds absolutely swelled backwards and then forwards again over the following week. I suppose the question is would they have done this anyway? I don't know, but I don't think it hurt them. I will absolutely add it to my admittedly puny bag of tricks for coaxing more out of the grow.

Nice thread by the way.

I'm a week away from harvesting. I don't see any point in doing it now, but 3 weeks ago it seemed to work very well. I just copied the pictures at the start of the very long thread. I did it, because of a grow journal that I followed mentioned it.

It was really easy to do (need sharp, fine scissors). It didn't take very long. I should have taken pictures. If the bud looked like it wasn't developed enough I skipped it. The evidence of snipping was gone within two days, and the buds absolutely swelled backwards and then forwards again over the following week. I suppose the question is would they have done this anyway? I don't know, but I don't think it hurt them. I will absolutely add it to my admittedly puny bag of tricks for coaxing more out of the grow.

Nice thread by the way.
I'm pretty sure i get the science behind it - when you top a plant, you remove the grow tip. The growth hormones that were being main lined by the main cola needs to go to other places, usually the next two highest colas, and so on.
There are loads of little grow tips all over your plant, including the apexes of the buds. Therefore, if you (hehe) circumsize the tips, the growth hormones get pumped laterally, leading to swelling in bud size. So, it makes genuine sense, in a scientific way, esp if you know what you're doing. It should work at week 4/5 for overall improvement in bud density over a long flowering period (sativa specific technique), last week before harvest should catch that last burst of energy before harvest. Even a couple of weeks ago would have been beneficial, if even in a small way.
You tipped some buds & left others alone, right? So, at harvest, you could do a complicated visual comparison math equation which could tell your brain if this seems true...
I have an accidental experience with some birds doing this, will write later, have to go get mom from the eye hospital now else she'll shout at me for leaving her blind in the hot sun. ✌✌✌

@ Calvados: this is imhigh85's thread, but he won't mind if i welcome you. So, erm, welcome, imhigh85 (high for short) is the go to guy, he runs a few dispensaries & grows more than all of us combined. Tons of tricks up his sleeve. Check out LMAO cloning for dummies, it's a stupid long thread he started about cloning. But we digressed, so it's a whole bunch of people who post there about everything from bugs to growing techniques, and the response is very good. It's pretty much an ongoing conversation & common sense learning thread, so pop over .
The buds you left alone (not backbuilt because they weren't ready yet) - maybe leave them alone (no snip snip), then compare the two after they're dried & cured to see if you can spot the difference (just cure 'em in seperate, labeled jars), maybe that will be some sort of basis for comparison, idk (i'm pretty bossy, so feel free to ignore my orders. I don't mind ).
You obviously have a not so small bag o' tricks, cause i had to really search to find out about this (i'm always looking for new info & methods, just to spice things up & i love.running experiments). Don't put yourself down, C. There's a lot to be said for common sense when you grow weed.
This budbuilding is a very controversial on a few.other sites, it seems 420 peeps are a bunch of sweethearts (man, you get some aggro growers out there, growing the peace herb. Makes no sense). Point is, i read a bit of LA's thread, dude seems legit. Another site called it an old hippie method, which is a phrase i like. Makes it seem historic. Mostly i like it because i grow very organic weed, and i suspect hippies knew a thing or 2 about that. (Massive root growth? Fresh coconut water in the drink. Old hippie trick, really works).
So welcome aboard, stick around, thanks for popping in and feel free to ask anything you want about weed, we all learn something new every single.day. life is awesome, just had me a sweeeeet j. Feeling rather happy right now.

Like Mary Anna said we are happy to have you here and I will try to answer any questions that you have if I do not have the answer to the question I will do the research find me answer and let you know I am always stuck in my brain more knowledge I even even sharing my methods of producing more resin glands on the plants I can get pretty in-depth into different things depending on what the subject is I can teach you how to breed your plants and I'll hold a lot of other stupid extra things that are stuck in my head so feel free to ask any questions we are always here to answer and I can always be found in one of two threads this one or LMAO cloning for dummies

Thank you. Sorry MerryAnna I wasn't so scientific. I have no idea which ones I back built. As a grower I have a justifiable lack of confidence in my own abilities, so I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't kill anything.

Well this would be the time to hit me and marry Anna up why we are actually awake if you have any questions about anything that we may fill in the blanks to

read about backbuilding last night. Also called bud tipping and fimming (?, that's what the blog says).
You trim about 2mm from the tip of the bud? Which makes it swell out, look better in jars & could lead to early ripening (or stunt bud ripening a few weeks, idk the correct method).
Please note: People who do this, say it's mostly beneficial to sativas with long, fluffy buds iso indicas cause they already have dense buds. You trim the grow tip, making it fill out sideways iso stretch longer. But: Some guys say 1 week before harvest, others say week 4/ 5 of flower. Also reports of speeding up growth in 1 branch, then stunting othera
this is not a grow weed quick method. It looks like an advanced training technique, lots of not so positive feedback from guys who tried it on the wrong strain/ did it wrong/ cut off too much & screwed themselves out of a harvest.

What do you guys think? i'm always happy for techniques that work on sativas, i've buggered up a few harvests where i didn't realise that technique is strain specific...

k. I. S. S.

Bud Washing

People argue for and against this. I don't know if it benefits or is neutral for resin production. This is the second time I've done it, and visually there are no signs that it hurts. There is a very noticeable difference in the smoke as in the washed buds are much less harsh. My first grow I didn't wash one of the plants, so I had a basis for comparison. It wasn't close.

I don't use bud washing if I don't have to only for plants that have been treated reason for this is it is just another extra way to get mold or mildew

Bud Washing

People argue for and against this. I don't know if it benefits or is neutral for resin production. This is the second time I've done it, and visually there are no signs that it hurts. There is a very noticeable difference in the smoke as in the washed buds are much less harsh. My first grow I didn't wash one of the plants, so I had a basis for comparison. It wasn't close.
I wash with filtered water - the experiences i've had with baking soda & lemon juice makes me reluctant to use that method. I grow outdoors, bugs & birds & air pollution... i need to wash, but the plain water serves me better, i believe.

What happened?
I use baking soda & vinegar as a corrosive to budge tough grease stains from pots, pans, even old 200l diesel drums, and it strips away that grease like nobody's buisiness.
Resin etc is oil based, so i have nightmares about washing all the goodness away.
The baking soda & lemon juice might produce a milder reaction, but i still don't like the gritty powdery layer it forms on the buds (it's.very, very slight, but i hate the taste of baking soda, even in food, so it bothers me).
I'm just very fussy. If it works for you, it works.

I understand. I haven't notices any kind of film, but that is probably because they are rinsed in two more buckets of water before hanging them up. I know it's meant as a mild way of disinfecting and dislodging any kind of junk that might have found its way onto the plant.

Back
Top Bottom