She Hermied On Me, 4 Weeks Into Flower: Please Advise!

I didn't see any nanners (banana = male bits on a female plant) but the pics are well hard to see at best.

I did see a hugely stressed out plant. Why dont you just pop the seed and let the plant grow and quit touching and dogging the plant up to a point where she's stressed enough to herm on ya?

Cutting up your plant and doing all of that, why are you doing it?

Get an African violet and do all that crazy torture to it. Its not a bonsai tree its an annual weed.

Thanks "1ne eye", but what about his attack on my training methods, I was just elated that my efforts to do some LST worked out well on my first grow, and he shot me down! I am happy as heck to get this far and also try something aggressive for my age and first grow. I just hope for a good end game at this point is all!

Thanks "1ne eye", but what about his attack on my training methods, I was just elated that my efforts to do some LST worked out well on my first grow, and he shot me down! I am happy as heck to get this far and also try something aggressive for my age and first grow. I just hope for a good end game at this point is all!
I wouldn't beat myself up about what is being said, we all do our best given our knowledge and conditions. Your girl will be ok just baby her till the end and you will be rewarded. Happy growing @Seniorweeder

Hey my friend I would not take any advise or others observations personally believe me everyone on here wants to help and have you succeed they all just do it in a different way. keep up your enthusiasm my Friend !

For your first grow i would not try to get aggressive, just try to make it through this grow, once you have a few grows under your belt and have learned a little more then you could get more aggressive with some LST and other stuff.
Hi Seniorweeder, hope this message above didn't get you down because it wasn't meant to. All i'm saying is aggressiveness doesn't always win the race. I think most of the LST etc should be done in the veg cycle, and maybe defol at day 21 in flower and then let those buds grow and fill out. Hoping it all turns out great in the end. :passitleft:

Did you take anything away from what I wrote or just butt hurt

A little tough love bro.

Try growing the plant naturally FIRST.

All that training you're doing doesn't really help things and it fact makes them worse.

Once you get growing weed in containers down then start experimenting.

I know folks that main-line but the successful growers have a lot of experience.

I mean thats if you're goal is to have a bag of weed you'll get that without all the training.

I train my plants away from the lamps at 7' and about the only time I touch the plants. IF I need to. They are on the menu and know it. They dont really like us touching them.

Sorry to be so blunt... if you stress your plants constantly you're going to have issues. Just like stressing you're SO. Pretty close to the same deal here.

Hey there "Bobrown14", nice to hear from U again, all the attention and love I get here is priceless to this ole boy even if it nails me kinda hard as U did. I can handle tough love for sure, its the only pure love in my book. I do get how U encouraged me to get my feet wet first before trying higher level training, but honestly it sounds to me like U are more of a "purest" of sorts that dosen't touch his girls at all which is fine.

A little background for me, I am a huge Vegetable gardener for a hobby. We have a 50'X 30' garden area and grow Winter and Summer stuff with great results, I experiment all the time with different techniques, it's what makes it fun for me. We grow 15' Tomatoes, and Im the first Ive seen to grow Cherry Tomatoes horizontally, as well as Cantaloupe on a trellis, its my jam. Not sure if U caught wind of my pitfalls during my grow mainly being that out of 5 gorgeous plants I only got one female, so I was compelled to push her yield. That being said, I read tons of info and a mess of vids on the LST process for more yield on Cannabis, and everyone that used it swears by it. At this point I feel I did pretty well for my first shot, I have over 60 bud sites that are fat and stealthy, that makes me VERY happy for my first run! Thanks for your time for sure buddy!

Hey there "Bobrown14", nice to hear from U again, all the attention and love I get here is priceless to this ole boy even if it nails me kinda hard as U did. I can handle tough love for sure, its the only pure love in my book. I do get how U encouraged me to get my feet wet first before trying higher level training, but honestly it sounds to me like U are more of a "purest" of sorts that dosen't touch his girls at all which is fine.

A little background for me, I am a huge Vegetable gardener for a hobby. We have a 50'X 30' garden area and grow Winter and Summer stuff with great results, I experiment all the time with different techniques, it's what makes it fun for me. We grow 15' Tomatoes, and Im the first Ive seen to grow Cherry Tomatoes horizontally, as well as Cantaloupe on a trellis, its my jam. Not sure if U caught wind of my pitfalls during my grow mainly being that out of 5 gorgeous plants I only got one female, so I was compelled to push her yield. That being said, I read tons of info and a mess of vids on the LST process for more yield on Cannabis, and everyone that used it swears by it. At this point I feel I did pretty well for my first shot, I have over 60 bud sites that are fat and stealthy, that makes me VERY happy for my first run! Thanks for your time for sure buddy!

I prolly came off a little rough first post. Sorry maybe having a bit of cabin fever. A year is getting old. lol

Ok so you're a gardener.

When I first started growing cannabis I was all in on the stuff I was reading started with bagged soil and fertilizers and first grow right outta the gate in flower the soil was out of steam.

A friend pulled me aside and said just grow them like you grow your veggies.

We are huge organic farmers/gardeners been doing this all my life well before cannabis growing. Im growing in soil I mixed in 2015 over and over with very little amending in between.

My plants are 8 feet tall indoors in containers. I cant count the flowers. Training and all that good stuff - great for experiments not arguing that. Have at it. I think you're going to be better off long haul if you just grow out a plant naturally and see how they grow.

Then you have some base knowledge you learned from experience. Its a better teacher than all the weird stuff folks do with this plant in the name of this or that. Usually its to sell you something or lessen the wallet weight.

You will find with cannabis less = more.

Get your compost right and the rest falls in line.

For yields its a bit different than veggies. I dont mess with the apical meristem unless its to tie it away from burning in the grow lights.

Then there's growing cannabis outdoors. Completely different in the sun. Can grow 15-20 foot monsters and its easy. Then there's the wind .... figuring out the trellis or cages is the challenge. You'd love it I'm sure.

I've found the longer I grow a cannabis plant indoors the more likely there's going to be problems. By problems I'm talking pests.

Since you grow tomatoes:

Pro Tip: You see any aphids outside be sure you work inside BEFORE going outside and change your clothes before going near your cannabis plants.

I got hemp aphids last summer. They came in from outside and are the absolute hardest pest to get rid of and I've had them all. I'm still dealing with a minor issue.

The tomato aphids are a chop the plant and burn. You cant get them off the cannabis plant even when they are dead.

Back
Top Bottom