Shifting light schedule in flower for cooler temps

Dizzydesi

I am 4.5 weeks into flower indoors. The strain I am growing need cooler temps to to finish nicely and prevent mold in the dense flowers. I usually have them lights on through the night 9 pm 9 am during the summer months. This makes it easier for me to keep the temp lower. I hadn't worked out timing for the warmer weather we've been having here now. My question is, is there a safe method to gradually change there timing from am to pm lights on? I don't want to shock them or make them turn hermi, so I'm a bit nervous. I had a power outage the other day and used that to push timing forward 3 hours. So I have lights on from 12pm -12am atm. Would it be safe to remove an hour or 2 of light per day in their morning, until I have them at 8pm -8am? Or????

I am 4.5 weeks into flower indoors. The strain I am growing need cooler temps to to finish nicely and prevent mold in the dense flowers. I usually have them lights on through the night 9 pm 9 am during the summer months. This makes it easier for me to keep the temp lower. I hadn't worked out timing for the warmer weather we've been having here now. My question is, is there a safe method to gradually change there timing from am to pm lights on? I don't want to shock them or make them turn hermi, so I'm a bit nervous. I had a power outage the other day and used that to push timing forward 3 hours. So I have lights on from 12pm -12am atm. Would it be safe to remove an hour or 2 of light per day in their morning, until I have them at 8pm -8am? Or????
As @nickeluring said....just leave them off til 8pm right through the night and day...ive done it myself afew times with no harm

As @nickeluring said....just leave them off til 8pm right through the night and day...ive done it myself afew times with no harm
Yep. That is all it takes. The plants need 12 or more hours, in a row, of darkness to produce the hormones that induce flowering. Based on a 24 hour day, if the plant gets 14 hours of dark and 10 hours of light nothing bad will happen. It is when the period of darkness is less than 12 hours and the light comes back on that could lead to some problems.

I go by the theory that once the plant is ready for the flowering stage that I think of the length of darkness and not the length of light. For the last 28 months or so I have my flowering cabinet set for 13 hours dark and 11 hours of lights on.

Enjoy the day.

I've had similar issues and instead of twelve hours of darkness continued darkness for twenty four and I had no problem

Back
Top Bottom