ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatter

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

Twister is a strain from The Flying Dutchmen in Amsterdam. The flying Dutchmen had a basement grow called the Cannabis College where they would have lots of pics and info. They also had a rotation of two plants from their catalogue at any one time, each under a 600W light. The owner is one of the people that got the OG skunk #1 many years back when Skunkman brought the strain to Amsterdam. They have a big greenhouse program and are able to grow thousands of plants. This enabled them to keep the skunk#1 as what they say is the purest version (who knows).

So Twister is a product of that skunk #1. It is NL x Haze X Skunk#1, though I have gleaned that info from forums, they never actually listed the parents. But all of the Dutchmen's strains are basically crossed with that Skunk#1, so that part is for sure. There are some other people that have tried to keep twister going in some form, there are strains called Twista, and Twista108 (twista x cheese). The descriptions of Twista are pretty spot on for Twister. My eventual hope besides selfing is to cross with a really good Pineapple Fields pheno, well actually with all my new strains including HK#11, AO#5, Tutankhamon, THC bomb, etc.

The problem with Twister itself as I have said before was an extremely low germination rate. My first 20 seeds I got 3 to grow. The Twister #1 was good but scraggly, the #3 was giant but lacked the crystals of the other two. And the #2...well it was and is the shit lol! Never came across such a great smelling plant. You would swear you could smell it through a mason jar. And the buzz was almost all cerebral and joyous! I can't wait to flower those High Brix Twisters!!

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

On the subject of strains I guess I must go ahead and pull an inventory.

I have grown so far:
Dynasty Huckleberry Kush: 3 keeper phenos, HK 3/8/11 all three good for different reasons. One male (HK#4)

TGA Subcool Agent Orange: #5 is my Keeper. One )male kept (AO#4)

Flying Dutchmen Twister: #2 is the keeper here. You all havent seen this one flower yet.

X4, X8 mystery seeds.

Alphakronik Mad Hatter Still have #1, may try her High Brix.

Untested and ready for flower:
Tutankhamon: 2 phenos, one indica and one sativa dominant.
THC Bomb: 1 female untested
TGA Subcool Shangri-La: 2 untested females. One crazy bushy male.

Unsexed and not ready for flower:
Dynasty Pineapple Fields 6 seedlings
Dynasty Bluniverse 4 very young seedlings, one of them is the damped off seedling which I cut and is in cloner with roots!

Unpopped seeds:
12 Dynasty Huckleberry Kush
7 Sweet seeds Dark Devil Auto
5 Dynasty Honey Badger Haze
3 Tutankhamon fem
3 THC bomb fem
6 Dynasty Pineapple Fields
6 Dynasty Bluniverse
6 TGA Subcool Shangrila
10 4Ceasons (mostly sativa hybrid)
7 CKS Green Crack fem
Some cool random strains just gifted by a local grower.

So....why? WHY? WHY? Why did I go and check out Kingdom Organic Seeds (KOS) and just purchase a 10 pack of Dark Dragon? WHY? Somebody stop me please.

Ah well here is the strain description...

Dark Dragon (poly)F1 Hybrid

Lineage: Dark Matter (m) x Boggle Dragon
Lighting: MH/LED/T5/Plasma
Recommended Growing Style: TLO (True Living Organics)
Yield: Very Large
Flowering Time Indoors: 68 -75 Days
Harvest Outdoors: Late October in Northern Hemispshere
Sativa/Indica/Rudi Ratios: 50/50 Sativa/Indica (approx)

Dark Dragon is kicking ass and taking names, a beautiful Candy Sweet Pink Grapefruit dominates her smells and her yields are looking truly stellar.

The Dark Matter male used in this cross is a hybrid of Rusty Haze x Cherry Thunderfuck. This variety is very hearty with quite unique flavors and smells with large yields. The high-type is one that can cause some paranoia, but to me the Dark Matter is full of “Dark Energy” with zero burnout and long legs and just a super fun ride.

The Boggle Dragon is BOG’s Bogglegum male crossed to my Blue Dragon selected female, BOG’s hybrid was an old NL #5 crossed to a Bubblegum and the Blue Dragon is Blue Rhino male crossed to a landrace Tibetan cultivar, my Tibetan Gold. I selected the Boggle Dragon female specifically to target the most awesome Tibetan high-type that runs dominant in the Dark Dragon hybrid.

The Dark Dragon works well topped or not and is one hell of a large yielding variety, she also has the most powerful strong smells of candied pink grapefruit which is also how she tastes, wow! A real gem here and her potency is extreme; a very good pick for commercial endeavors as she also grows easily, is highly resistant to stress, is super hearty and can get LARGE outdoors especially. Her flowers are large and long with impressive “bag appeal” as we used to say, so check this one out; connoisseur cannabis right here.

EXTENDED BREEDER’S NOTES:

February 21, 2016:
There are at least a couple phenos as far as colors go. Some of them have dark purple petioles that look almost black. This was the first pheno I finished. They all have naturally (genetic) purple-ish petioles, so don’t mistake this for a phosphorous issue. Topped and grown in slightly larger containers really pays off with these as far as really big yields.
The high-type of my first female is wicked full of sativa expressions as far as the edgy side of the ride, along with some decent energy, and long legs, 3 hours. If you are someone that tends to get paranoid when smoking certain varieties should be cautious; while I myself don’t really get paranoid, puffing or not, I can tell this variety has that quality. The potency is intense, and the flavors are something like sweet guava fruit or something, seriously delicious and very smelly.

February 24, 2016
This variety has that *special* floral structure that makes her a primo candidate for outdoors near the coast. Her flowers are pretty dense, but not rock hard and this allows some airflow that is really good at avoiding things like Bud-Rot molds later in the season when rains or moisture becomes heavier.

:Namaste:

The next line up of flowering ladies! They will be under six or eight 3w x 150 3g LED lights. I will probably shut down the 600W hps for the summer. There are still 25+ days of flowering so they are gonna get beastly. I am going to clear out extra plants today from veg and compost them to make room for these girls to branch out!!

Twister
3 clones going into flower high brix style. I am amazed at the twister, she would be a great SCROG plant when I finally decide to try SCROG for fun! The yellowing is from before they got a rescue drench, which they thoroughly enjoyed.

IMG_55016.JPG
IMG_55026.JPG
IMG_55035.JPG

THC Bomb

IMG_55055.JPG

Tutankhamon #1 (lanky pheno)

IMG_55044.JPG

Tutankhamon #2
(more indica pheno)

IMG_55063.JPG

HK11
Grown a bit more vertical this time since she doesn't stretch. Its great to run clones because you can keep dialing in their grow conditions more to what makes them better. Its also fun to experiment.

IMG_55075.JPG

Morning shot of the garden at flip+37

IMG_54916.JPG

Wow Shiggity, does it look good in there with all those lights. Dang! Filled to the max, aren't you?

I have two LEDs I am not using yet. Need a portable AC. It will cool just enough and also dehumidify. I am going to use one of the extra lights in a closet. I have Silver Nitrate and need some sodium thiosulfate. I will make some fresh silver thiosulfate and turn one of the new twister clones into a pollen source. Fertilize every strain that I have in a closet two floors away. I have plenty of smaller females that would work for seeds.

Wow Shiggity, does it look good in there with all those lights. Dang! Filled to the max, aren't you?

Shiggs has one of the grow spaces that always seems to have another corner to shove a couple dozen plants. It's kinda magical actually. :)

The next line up of flowering ladies! They will be under six or eight 3w x 150 3g LED lights. I will probably shut down the 600W hps for the summer. There are still 25+ days of flowering so they are gonna get beastly. I am going to clear out extra plants today from veg and compost them to make room for these girls to branch out!!

Twister
3 clones going into flower high brix style. I am amazed at the twister, she would be a great SCROG plant when I finally decide to try SCROG for fun! The yellowing is from before they got a rescue drench, which they thoroughly enjoyed.

IMG_55016.JPG
IMG_55026.JPG
IMG_55035.JPG

THC Bomb

IMG_55055.JPG

Tutankhamon #1 (lanky pheno)

IMG_55044.JPG

Tutankhamon #2
(more indica pheno)

IMG_55063.JPG

HK11
Grown a bit more vertical this time since she doesn't stretch. Its great to run clones because you can keep dialing in their grow conditions more to what makes them better. Its also fun to experiment.

IMG_55075.JPG

Morning shot of the garden at flip+37

IMG_54916.JPG

Wow, Nice ShiggityFlip, we always seem to have a sharpie to write on anything don't we? Now if I can just cypher the code :nicethread:

A little Veg update on some of the new strains
The next planned cycle is 3 high brix twisters, the two Tutankhamon, and the THC bomb. If I get my cooling set and can run more I will add the two Shangri-La girls (not pictured). Or a Huck Kush #11 and Agent Orange #5.

I would say that of all the first round of hunger games that Huck Kush #11 takes the prize. She is the true winner. My other plants are strong but HK11 is a true beast, highest trichome level while being burly and solid. Dark green and a bit purple on the leaves, she stretches about 10% and runs nice colas throughout. Her aroma is a beautiful lavender coffee mixed with hash and the buzz can quickly get excessive. She hits like a velvet hammer.

Tutankhamon #1 before and after LST

TUT1.JPG

TUT1LST.JPG

Tutankhamon #2 before and after LST

TUT2.JPG
TUT2-LST.JPG

THC Bomb before and after LST

BOMB3.JPG
BOMB-LST.JPG

The three twister girls (High Brix) before and after LST and a snice shot of internal twister structure, She is a bushy grower for 60% sativa. Never have a problem finding clone branches because she always needs to be thinned out before flower.

TWIST21.JPG
TWIST2_LST.JPG

TWIST_31.JPG
TWIST_3_LST.JPG

TWIST.JPG

TWIST_LST.JPG
TWIST_INT.JPG

The cloner and veg room.
No matter how many I cull it looks the same. About to cull 1/3 of them at least! probably 1/2. The clones will be done soon and ready for 1st run just cooked DBHBB soil.

P3130778.JPG
P3130777.JPG

nice new angles and light, looking fantabulous

just don't call the may tag man :thedoubletake:

So....why? WHY? WHY? Why did I go and check out Kingdom Organic Seeds (KOS) and just purchase a 10 pack of Dark Dragon? WHY? Somebody stop me please.

Put the plastic down and back away.

So... I notice you seem to tend towards the 'fancier' strains. Someday you should dig up some landrace strains and see what they do.

Tead, yeah you know me. I am a fancy man with fancy needs lol. I plan on getting some landrace sativas and going scrog style with them but I have to try scrog first. Going to do the tomato cage with scrog on top. I like low tidy plants. The Agent Orange even bugs me with her stretch. She may be a good scrog candidate to learn. Once I get through this summer I will probably run some ace Purple Malawi.

I'm attempting the scrog right now. It looks okay, but I don't think I did it very well. :rofl: Being a lazy grower it seems like I'm working harder than I should too. :)

Looking really nice over here Shiggity! You can't go wrong with any of the ACE sativas. I haven't tried the purple Malawi but I did do the reg. Malawi. It was pretty devastating at first. The buzz matured with curing and became a really special strain. I will do that one again in the future.

I've been thinking of buying one of those mystery packs from ACE and running them as azalea pot tasters. I'm a woman of fancy tastes myself and that journey into Dr. Ziggy's world left an itch that won't stop. Just for the taste, mind you. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Morning Shiggity. :hug:

I'm attempting the scrog right now. It looks okay, but I don't think I did it very well. :rofl: Being a lazy grower it seems like I'm working harder than I should too. :)

That is my fear Rifleman, though the results some seem to get is amazing, rtk and jbiz seem to be hitting it out of the park first try. And Ottowa green consistently rocks.

Looking really nice over here Shiggity! You can't go wrong with any of the ACE sativas. I haven't tried the purple Malawi but I did do the reg. Malawi. It was pretty devastating at first. The buzz matured with curing and became a really special strain. I will do that one again in the future.

I have never been a pure sativa guy but I think its time to try. Most pure sativas lack the bag appeal I get with hybrids but if the buzz is devastating I must try it!

I've been thinking of buying one of those mystery packs from ACE and running them as azalea pot tasters. I'm a woman of fancy tastes myself and that journey into Dr. Ziggy's world left an itch that won't stop. Just for the taste, mind you. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Morning Shiggity. :hug:

Morning Sue! I could never get a variety pack. I am too ocd about knowing all I can about each one!

I get dense sativa buds :)
shigs you work wonders what ever you put into soul :thumb:

Ziggy you are much too generous! But I appreciate the compliment. Once I get these 4"C"easons seeds going I am going to think about that purple Malawi. Just need to cull some strains first to make room. The "X4 and X8" mystery seed strains are going the way of the dodo and it looks like I can get rid of three of the pineapple fields. I am keeping all 3 huck kush plants. HK8 is coming back with more trichs once I warned her about getting the axe. And huck 3 is delicious pineberry. Huck 11 is well... Huck 11. She is the monster trich pheno with lavender hash Terps.

Of the new strains we will have to see. The tut sativa pheno will probably go as I have heard the indica leaning pheno is better but we will give her a chance. The THC bomb hopefully is a keeper. I am sure the pineapple fields girls (3) will have at least one or two keepers. I still have 2 Shangrila females...and I just got some KOS dark dragon seeds lol. I need a bigger basement. My veg area is getting bigger than flower! The good news is I have transplanted many clones into Doc's Kit soil. The amount of chem plants in veg is steadily decreasing. If I have a chem plant the same as a new HB clone I am ditching or giving away the chem version.

Yeah Shiggity the Malawi produces very dense buds, nice bag appeal for sure. I've never really understood the whole bag appeal thing. They all look the same ground up lol. I'm not growing for dispensaries at this time but I find no indication of how good a strain is by it's appearance. That Coffee Gold I grew was the ugliest buds structure wise but is some very special smoke. If you like Indicas but want to try some pure sativas, the coffee is a good choice. It is a landrace that has a very calming effect. It stops anxiety immediately. It makes the body buzz all over and mentally it takes you to a very nice place. I got to admit when I saw the buds as all foxtails, I thought about killing it. I am sooooo glad I didn't!

your 4 C-'sons'??-I hope not :rofl: will have terps and trichs like no other...The PM is fantastic too. She is incredibly awesome! The Malawi pheno (you might get :))was 2-3 weeks sooner, and denser than the Purple Haze pheno. Im growing dense P.Haze now too.
I cant follow the breeders' time lengths or anything else for that matter.- they dont apply..:)

Back
Top Bottom