ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatter

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

Flip +7

All the flowering plants got either a chem nute drench or Growth Energy drench (high brix) on the 14th. They also got a hopefully final defol. I have been trying a new method of mechanical manipulation to control stretch. It amounts to taking some 1/2 inch PVC pipe and raking it across all the tops of the plants. I do it 2-3 times for each plant. I go medium speed, not fast enough to hurt them, but fast enough to be noticed! It will be interesting to see if this works. I don't really have a control plant, so if this seems to have an effect maybe I will have two of the same plant I will treat and withold treatment. So far for one week in, it looks pretty good.

IMG_50267.JPG

I went ahead and pulled off a major veg overhaul and took a full 60 clones. This includes topping the Tutankhamon 1 and 2, THC Bomb, Shangrila 2,3,4. I also took clones of HK3/8/11...Agent Orange #5, X4,X8. And I chopped the little Twister plants to get some clones. They will recover fine.

Here are the individual girls in flower...

Ao5 HB

IMG_507712.JPG

Ao5

IMG_507810.JPG

HK 3 HB
IMG_50798.JPG

HK8 HB

IMG_50814.JPG

HK8

IMG_50858.JPG

X8

IMG_50839.JPG

X4 HB

IMG_50887.JPG

X4

IMG_50916.JPG

HK11 HB

IMG_509710.JPG

HK11

IMG_50957.JPG

The whole shebang

IMG_51009.JPG
IMG_51017.JPG

I left a little space at the top of the pots for the high brix recharge which I will add with 1.5 gallon or so of soil. I will top the chem plants at the same time with plain soilless mix. Things are about to go nuclear, I always love this time of the flower cycle. Its amazing how much the plants look like they have in the way of foliage. I took off so much! Some of these pics were pre-defol like the agent oranges. I am looking to get 3 more of these 3w x 150 lights. If I order soon enough I may add another row in flower.

Re: ShiggityFlip Starts The Hunger Games - Huckleberry Kush - Agent Orange & Mad Hatt

60 clones? OMG!

60 clones? OMG!

60? That's child's play. ;) Try rotating 800 every 30 days from your veg rooms to your flower rooms. I wouldn't be able to do it without my awesome crew.

60 clones? OMG!

It happens easier than you think Major. You just keep the best and don't worry about the rest. In the past 4 months I have taken about 180 clones haha. I have given away over 40 and the rest get kept or culled. I moved some into larger pots today. And put some saucers in veg to help with watering. Time has been tight this semester. I keep removing plants and veg stays the same size lol! I have found this time that labeling the side of the cloner is easier.
IMG_51077.JPG

IMG_51086.JPG

Here are the 6 pineapple fields. I find it much easier to deal with seedlings now that I am treating them as clone machines. This way I don't worry about how they look, I don't bother to train them, just take clones and cut them back when necessary. The clones will be the plants that get flowered.

IMG_51057.JPG

I am a crazy man, Kidgrow. I think I am about to soak 6 Dynasty Bluniverse seeds(Blue Magoo x Ms. Universe). I can't stop myself from this madness!!! My veg room is already too big. Oh well if I have to compost some plants so be it.

:rofl::rofl:

Pop'n them like candy eh?!:rofl: lolz I still get the same way from time to time. That's why I can't wait to add my addition onto the room. Outgrew my veg room as well haha. Eh, your growing organic now right? Do you have a juicer? Juice the plants you don't need. That's what me and misses KidGrow dose. We also have plants in our salads. (Only organic pants tho!) Helps clear up room while giving you 1000 times more beneficial properties of the CBD's and medical properties in the plant rather then smoking it. ;) Also helps shoot your immune system waaaay up. The organic rawness of marijuana is the one true "cure all" on this planet I believe. :) !

I am a crazy man, Kidgrow. I think I am about to soak 6 Dynasty Bluniverse seeds(Blue Magoo x Ms. Universe). I can't stop myself from this madness!!! My veg room is already too big. Oh well if I have to compost some plants so be it.

growing addiction is contagious!
you're going to need a bigger GR, or house! :rofl:

Hahahahaha I too have too many plants it's awesome but a problem at the same time a problem I continue to create! I've got so many grows happening at once and so many plants that I can barely contain them sometimes I celebrate if they are males cause I get to move em out of veg.

I've been transplanting random plants into public spaces hahaha then I just leave em .

And even though I'm breeding I can't stop ordering seeds aswell e.g. the platinum huckleberry kush cookies I have no room but I went right outta my way to find them and they're on thier way to Dr greens mental asylum hahaha and I'll pop them anyway Mwa haha haha mwa hahaha haha hahaha (diabolical laugh)

Flip+9 Better update this weekend. Plants are looking good. Big stretch happened overnight really. Still continuing the pvc treatment over the tops of the plants. LEDs off so you can see the plants.I have 3 more 3w x 150 3G lights arriving next week or so. This should allow me to add another row or maybe just spread these plants out a bit more. I need to get in there tonight and shuffle some plants around and change light heights.

IMG_5123_1_.JPG

IMG_5123_LAB.jpg

Pineapple fields seedlings all look solid and Twisters are recovering from cloning nicely.
My topped seedlings (Tut 1, Tut 2, Bomb 1) are responding nicely to the topping treatment and side branches are coming along great! Bluniverse seeds should go into soil today.

I just got these in the mail....7 instead of 5 was a nice surprise. Just wanted some pretty flowers to look at and smell in the veg room.

IMG_5118_1_.JPG

I'm so thrilled that you'll be growing Dark Devil Autos. :slide: When I started that journal I didn't really think it'd become so popular, but the cultivator's who became involved are so much better at it than I am yet, and it's been wonderful to see the enthusiasm ramp up. So many beautiful specimens grown among the group that you feel compelled to make your own mark. Your joining the fun will attract even more curious gardeners.

This little community garden approach is still new. We haven't been at it long enough to really start to learn the secrets of growing them, although a couple of the members are killing it.

Isn't this fun?? :laughtwo:

Your garden is looking great. Those new lights are going to wake the dead!!! LOL! The PVC pole, the purpose is to control canopy height through intimidation, or more precisely, irritation?

Yes I was reading something about how a pole was drawn across certain crop plants to make them stay shorter. It made sense to me. I don't know if this is an accurate example but think of a plant growing beneath a tree. Once it gets talk enough the tops begin to brush against the bottom limb. This tells the plant to grow its side shoots to try and escape the confines of whatever is obstructing it. I kind of enjoy doing it. It is like petting the plants lol. It will take a few tries and the addition of negative control plants to really see if it has an effect. We will see what things look like in another week.

Here is the paper. In it they say not to use PVC which I ignored at first but now am using a wooden broom handle. The PVC didn't seem to hurt the plants in any way but why take the chance if this paper says not to use it.
Ashspublications.org

Fans can certainly help. For me I have been raking them harder than a fan could do, not so hard that I am breaking anything, but hard enough for them to feel it. I am still not sure if the benefit will outweigh using just fans but it is an early test. If you read the paper the stretch can be reduced up to 30-40% according to them. Which is certainly an interesting number. I can't say for sure but if that is possible then it would surely be more than fans alone. The cool thing about this technique is that it takes all of one minute. If I can significantly reduce stretch with 1 minute of work per day I am very excited about the possibilities.

Last cycle I was using daily individual manipulation of the growing branches. This was time intensive though effective for sure. If I can get those results with a broom it would seem to be a win win. But as I said I really need to move beyond this initial trial. Next growing cycle I need to have two identical plants or more and have a treated and untreated group.

Back
Top Bottom