Shiny Dots: Please Help

Yes, found it, thanks.
I only now doing more research about thrives and relatives and trying to search some info about prevention. How can I prevent (any) creatures, pests to be away from my plants. FOREVER.
There are certain flowers that put off scents that keep bugs away. Lady bugs & I think Praying Mantis will eat the bugs but not the plant. Then of course there are sticky traps. Molasses & Beer will draw gnats to it & get stuck in it.
If I had a choice I think I'd go with Lady Bugs. Never had a pest issue other then an occasional Fly or Gnats on my 1st grow.

Hello all. Small update.

I made strong cinnamon solution and on wednesday I sprayed it in the box. Next day I did sprayed it with insecticide (special one for thrips and mites). All plants were all over wet, water was dripping from them, I sprayed soil just a bit too. After they went dry, there is visible coat on the leaf (from insecticide).
Yesterday I found another damage, two days after I sprayed it, on leaf in the middle of plant, top leaf of side branch, cca week old- this leaf was under another leaf and wind rubs them, so maybe it can be something with this. But I already found it also on leaf without any contact of another leaves.
I dont think this is any bug. All time I didnt seen any bugs by eyes or under microscope. And now after strong insecticide spraying the damage continues....I dont know- this is mystery. My plants are enchanted.

What is strange to me and never happend to me before- plants are dark green color, in BioBizz Light mix and I am only feeding them with ActiVera 2ml/l, and ocassionally CalMag (minimum dose as a prevention). And they are still this dark green, Im adding no nitrogen and still dark green...strange.

I will do next spraying in few days with neem oil. Then again insecticide after some time.
Meanwile I am spraying a bit of cinnamon solution.

Thanks for any help, advice or magic:)

Nothing what you can see on above photos is egg. There is no eggs- checked with super microscope from both sides, every scarf was checked. Seems no eggs.

Hey Juka,

welcome to forums at 420...heres the deal on pests, our lush garden oasis and earthy smells attract critters. It’s like a sizzling steak to pests, they can smell it and come running. gardening is like watching kids in a daycare, if one is sick very soon all the kids will have it... that’s why we treat every plant in the tent or grow spot, yes even the ones with no obvious issues or pests. by the time you see one bug or a damaged leaf they have had an orgy and gotten a major foothold in the garden. Those leaves look like they have damage from thrips or aphids - get some better whole plant pics, also get close up pics of main stalk.

most critters or eggs are not visible to naked eye, use that microscope, check both sides of leaves - critters like the undersides less chance of predation.

yes I know about cinnamon, I’ve written several pieces on using cinnamon it’s a deterrent but not a very good one. One of our sponsors is SNS and they have a whole line of highly regarded bug killing products. I’ll be gone for several hours this morning but post up new pics and see what the crew has to say. I’ll check in later today hopefully!

Thanks for your comment! Last few days i did nothing more than checking leaves (from both sides). Trust me, I really didnt find a single bug, larvae or egg. Nothing. On wednesday I did complete desinfection of my box, very precise. I washed everything in soap and cinnamon smell is all over my place. On wednesday I also sprayed every plant (even that 6 ones that didnt seems have some problem) in my box in two waves- very precise, it was dripping out of the plant. Next day I found this new damage seen on photos posted today. You can see that it is on leaf that is completely leaf coated by insecticide (that shiny "tinkture" and dots).
I never experiences bugs, that can do this big damage and not been seen. Trust me, I spend lots of time on looking all over plants and soil- nothing. Of course, i will contiue with healing (neem oil etc...) but still- very strange to me.
Sorry, I cant do photos now as Im not with the plants.
Thank you.

Yes, found it, thanks.
I only now doing more research about thrives and relatives and trying to search some info about prevention. How can I prevent (any) creatures, pests to be away from my plants. FOREVER.
It's thrips, the raw spots are a dead give away :sorry:
I use these and have no bugs what so ever...No spraying the plant, just mix them with water and...water normally :thumb:

Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Nematodes re order.JPG

you are probably not spraying correctly. First elevate plants, shake the snot out of your spray concentrate then mix or if ready to use then shake it anyway. Spray leaf undersides first, spray main stalk and stems, spray soil and bucket rims and finally move plant back down and spray the top side of leaves. Most spray from top which causes leaves to droop down so you can’t spray undersides properly so the colony lives on

Yes, found it, thanks.
Lady Bugs. They will eat them. You'll know you have no pests when the ladybugs leave your grow area.

run a hot shot 8hrs a day in the grow space when you are at work and no one is around. i periodically toss one in my veg space as a preventative. nothing survives to cause an issue.

other than that it looks like you have a mild cal mag problem, and a bit high in N. without looking at the whole plant it is hard to tell exactly what is up. what ever it is it does not appear all that bad from here. again would have to really look the whole plant over.

if those marks start to rust you'll know for sure.

Okay, guys, you were right and Im just a little chicken. Proofed, confirmed! Its spider mites. Today I identificate few super tiny microscopic eggs on bottom older leaf (naked eye sees it as a tiny little white dot). Next to it was tiny bites. Their size is similar in size of resin head.
Battle begins!
Thanks to all of you guys and sorry for my stubbornness!
Im going to spray it all!

Okay, guys, you were right and Im just a little chicken. Proofed, confirmed! Its spider mites. Today I identificate few super tiny microscopic eggs on bottom older leaf (naked eye sees it as a tiny little white dot). Next to it was tiny bites. Their size is similar in size of resin head.
Battle begins!
Thanks to all of you guys and sorry for my stubbornness!
Im going to spray it all!

hi @Jukha - it takes 2 - 3 wks worth of treatments to get rid of mites. mites are generational, meaning you have to eradicate the live ones, then decimate the ones that will emerge from the eggs a few days later. you are in veg, which is a good thing, the plant has time to recover.

i would try a two or three prong attack, alternating between different treatments. using multiple methods is very effective.

Back
Top Bottom