Shirley' First Grow! Soil - 450W LED - Autos

ShirleyBigBud

so finally after pestering the misses for long enough she gave in! i can grow my own shmoke ;]

so for my grow i have got myself an 80x80x160cm tent along with a 450W LED, ive got a FANFLOW in-line fan with my 'large carbon filter'.

i am going to be growing one Ayahuasca Purple (Barney's Farm), one Bad Azz Kush (Barney's Farm) and one Blue Cheese Autoflowering (Zativo Seeds). I picked these strains based on the info from the site i bought them off. Well apart from the Blue Cheese, Blue Cheese is bae!

The plan is to grow these in soil i was thinking 15lt pots, feel free to help me decide while i wait for the seeds to turn up.

Over the weekend i will be getting my grow media, nutrients, pots etc.

All advice and suggestions are welcome​

Have you ever grown autos? I recommend a bigger pot for auto , because there tap root will shoot down to the bottom of pot very rapidly to start it's growth, on my little bit of experience with them it's better to have the extra room and not need it. I feel they grow down just as fast as they grow up. And there not as forgiving as non autos. I subbed lemme know how you like that light thinking about getting one myself.

Shirley' first grow! Soil, 450w LED, Auto's.

Suggestion, if the two Barney's strains are photos then start the auto before them. I have to disagree with KEEMOE on getting a bigger pot for the auto though. Simply because you plan on growing the other two along with it and bc you have the 450w VIPAR. 11lt pots and up are great for autos because of their short time BUT bigger can be better also, I just wouldn't suggest it with this grow. Sorry I'm somewhat rambling.

Now, I recently made the mistake of starting a photo with my autos and it started taking up space that I didn't have so had to add to a different tent. I'd suggest starting the photos two weeks after the auto starts flowering so that'll give you at least 6 weeks of veg and once you harvest the auto you can flip your photos into flower. just my opinion tho.

6 Autos - 2x4x5 Tent - MarsHydro Reflector 144x5

Today felt like christmas! aha, its all up and together and everythang!

I went for 15lt Pots, im going to save the Blue Cheese and go for one Ayahuasca Purple and one Bag Azz Kush.

Attachments

• 20170407_175439.jpg
    20170407_175439.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 20170407_175447.jpg
    20170407_175447.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 20170407_175553.jpg
    20170407_175553.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 223
  • 20170407_175751.jpg
    20170407_175751.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 234
I can't decide between trying the paper towel method or just drop the seed into a plug. Never grown from seed before. I think I'm going to order some auto flowering plants so I have some buds to look at sooner. Had to scrub my first attempt at growing. Clean and start over. Away we go !

Have you ever grown autos? I recommend a bigger pot for auto , because there tap root will shoot down to the bottom of pot very rapidly to start it's growth, on my little bit of experience with them it's better to have the extra room and not need it. I feel they grow down just as fast as they grow up. And there not as forgiving as non autos. I subbed lemme know how you like that light thinking about getting one myself.
I can agree I'm. In 3 gallon fabric pots wishing I had 5 inch. They grow outward a hard to control.

so they are finally both above ground =]

the Ayahuasca Purple took about 24 hours to pop and sprouted above soil monday evening. The Bad Azz Kush was a pain in the arse, the first seed i tried didnt pop.. at all and still hasnt -.- but i tried another one and thats popped out the soil in about 18 hours =]

Attachments

• AP_5_BAK_1.jpg
    AP_5_BAK_1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 252
  • AP_day_5.jpg
    AP_day_5.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 233
  • BAK_day_1.jpg
    BAK_day_1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 266
Back
Top Bottom