Short grow season? Autoflowers best option?

Canuckbuds

Hey guys. I've posted a series of amateur questions on here lol, but I've got some great feedback. I live on the east coast of Canada, about an hour from the border to Maine. I'm hoping there's other outdoor growers in here that live in similar regions to me to provide some tips for me.
I grow in pots and am able to move them around to maximize sunlight during the day in the summer, but with the somewhat short timeframe I have am I better off with euro flowers or do I have enough time to get a decent yield from a regular strain.
I can start indoor in probably April or so to have them ready to move outside in late may or start of June. Once they start to smell the wife starts to get on me lol. The weathers too sporadic I think to move them out any earlier. Late September would probably be time to harvest, October is when the frost usually starts to hit overnight.
I'm new to growing so I haven't got it all figured out yet on how to really boost the plant for maximize growth during veg and flower. This year I have straight peat moss potting soil and perlite in hard sided pots. It seems to hold water way too long for me to control the watering and feeding schedule, so I'm in the process of make some smart pots out of landscape fabric right now for next year. My potting soil this year had ferts added right out of the bag which I realize is something hard to control. Was think next year a fertilizer free peat moss, perlite, and worm casting mix? What do you guys think? Any tips are great, thanks in advance.

Wow, that was a long read to get to the question. ;)

Peat moss is a really acidic medium--too acidic to be good for cannabis as far as I know. Have you considered just buying prepared mix and not reinventing the wheel? Fox Farms Forest Ocean for example?

Wow, that was a long read to get to the question. ;)

Peat moss is a really acidic medium--too acidic to be good for cannabis as far as I know. Have you considered just buying prepared mix and not reinventing the wheel? Fox Farms Forest Ocean for example?

Definitely not available in my area and definitely do not want to pay shipping on that stuff. The best I can do locally is Promix or the stuff st my grocery store garden centre.

Back
Top Bottom