Short plants

So I'm running a metal halide bulb right now at 50% so about 500 watts here is my leaf temperature.
IMG_20200521_145422.jpg

So just like you said around 70% humidity is where I should be. I have the humidifier inside the room the extractor fan is running on low fresh air it is just passive right now and a 12in oscillating fan for circulation. I also have a wall-mounted 16 in oscillating fan 41 things get hotter. I would be really surprised if it got up to 70%

So I'm running a metal halide bulb right now at 50% so about 500 watts here is my leaf temperature.
IMG_20200521_145422.jpg

So just like you said around 70% humidity is where I should be. I have the humidifier inside the room the extractor fan is running on low fresh air it is just passive right now and a 12in oscillating fan for circulation. I also have a wall-mounted 16 in oscillating fan 41 things get hotter. I would be really surprised if it got up to 70%

Do you have an exhaust hood for the light?
Is it pulling from above the light?

You could come up a bit on temp a bit, but that won’t help the RH. What’s your ambient?

If you go hear I posted some pictures of my last crop.

Just a parabolic shape exhaust is pulling above the light through a 24 inch carbon filter although not connected to the filter at the moment. if you go over to my journal there's some pictures in the first or second post of my grow room.
Is that 6” on the floor your only (forced) intake for the room?

Ya that's the only fresh air
Not saying you have a problem, but usually (at least in rack fabrication) you don’t want forced intake. You need the reverse pressure for the exhaust to pull properly. I have the same inline, but on the back side of the exhaust pulling air from the tent. There’s a booster in between that and the filter. I think I run 28”.
Then I have all 3 floor vents open, maybe 200 sq.in. for venting. I bet if you cut in two 4-6”x12” rectangles (covered with screen) on each side of your room, you’d definitely have better flow.
Where does your intake pull from?

Sorry my mistake the fresh air intake is 4 in. Not 6 in it's just running passive the fan is not running only use that when things get warmer. 6 inch extractor fan I planned it that way to make sure I have a negative air pressure. That's one of the conditions with my wife she don't care what I do down there long as she don't have to see it or smell it lol. I understand what you're saying with unrestricted passive airflow would be much better. But I have to keep the Smell down and with everything running all the fans there is plenty of airflow in there. Fresh air is drawing from the other side of the basement next to where the fresh air return comes in. I've had people in my basement before right next to the grow room with it running in full flower and you would never know it's totally stealth.

LST works sure. Supercrop works when the plants reach the lights. I regularly supercrop my not topped plants usually are 6-8' (feet) tall grow lights at 7' so training required (usually). Depending on strain - genetics are at play for sure and when you top plants you've never grown before you have no idea how they are going to react.

Topping is bro-science.... its nothing to do with horticulture. Sorry... it is what it is. Right up there with flushing.

Hi guys I have question about short plants I made lst/topping (same like last time but I dimmer my light to higher power on 12/12 so they didn't stretch that much but I think I overdone it) I wonder if they are that much shorter (last time they been about 5"-8" taller same strains) it will affect any yield? All of them show sex
IMG_20200521_113641.jpg

Genetics, don’t worry

Back
Top Bottom