Short Rider Soil - Attempted Reveg

So an image update is in order for both my twisted gurls. I also watered with 1/4 strength :morenutes: they both have been getting mostly water until now and are on almost an every other day water schedule. I have a moister reader I use to check the containers. The ph and ppm on run off was 6.5-6.8ish on ph and 800 ppm after starting with around 300 ppm with just water. Now images.
SSPX1377.jpg

TW side
SSPX1378.jpg

TW top shot
SSPX1379.jpg

SR side
SSPX1380.jpg

SR top shot

The TW has grown almost into the lights so that will be getting adjusted over the next day. Either the lights go up an inch or the TW gets tied down. Most likely they both will be getting tied down.:Namaste:

More of a mental update or mental note so I need not remember, TW is entering third week of actual flower and SR is entering second week of actual flower. I personally estimate harvest dates for both around end of February beginning of March. The TW will be turned into a tincture in the hopes of helping my father with some serious back pain. Long story short most of his vertabrae are fused plastic or totally inopperable. He has serious issues sleeping and the morphine and other rx pharms no longer work without major side effects. My issue will be convincing him to take it. I figure injesting is not smoking so he will not be ruining his bodies temple in accordance withh his religion. I will also provide him with pamphlets and other information regarding cannabis as a natural pain suppressent. I will be harvesting based on trichomes and am looking for a mostly 50/50 amber cloudy mix. I may let TW go mostly amber to allow for more couch lock feeling for my father.:Namaste:

SSPX1391.jpg

TW top shot.
SSPX1392.jpg

TW side shot
SSPX1394.jpg

SR side shot
SSPX1395.jpg

SR top shot. You can see the lst I did a couple days ago just wouldn't stop growing into the lights. The main area grows up next to lights so it will be fine.

I did recently do some more dead leaf removal to clear up under growth. Will be checking trichomes in next week or so. I think next time I will just do one plant in this box.:Namaste:

Would you say that this strain would be able to handle FULLY outdoor growing? Obviously I'd germinate indoors, but would you say it's strong enough to handle being started in June/July? I'm just getting started and I don't want to be a complete failure! :thanks:

I would love to see how it grows outside. I bought four seeds so I may just find out. Only problem with hybrids is I will not be sure of plant genetic dominance until it gets going. I may start it more in late April early may so it has time to vegg before my areas summer heat, but perhaps you will have better luck. Thanks for joining our wonderful forum here at. :420:. :Namaste:

Yeah, I'll be buying Nirvana's feminized seeds, so hopefully they'll arrive all female as promised. So people said there were rare cases in which people got one or two males. Maybe I'll have better luck than them for my first grow over two plants. I also had one question about the seeds, how long do they last before they shrivel up or just become unable to grow? (for future knowledge purposes)

I went with the single seed center a sponsor of this great website, I do believe the seeds are from nirvana but I could be mistaken. I do not have a definite time s
An of keeping seeds viable, but I have had seeds sprout after three years of saving. Those seeds came from some common street green probably from Mexico. While it smelt and tasted great you could tell the growers were doing it for profit not love of a plant. It came all compressed with stems and seeds but it still did it's job of medicating me. Good luck with your seeds and grow when it starts Iscanlon.:Namaste:

SSPX1408.jpg

The Train Wreck just fattening up she may be small but her lack of scent and killer high and pain relief will make her worth it. Just hope my dad is willing to try a tincture.
SSPX1411.jpg

Over shot of the Short Ryder. for being a hybrid she is one wicked bitch so far away from autoflower traits it aint even funny. Can not wait to try her out
SSPX1410.jpg

Side shot. Kind of makes me want to plant one of the other Short Ryder seeds I have outside and just see what it can do on its own. My luck is that seed would be the autoflower that I so wanted.
I think as soon as both of these are finished I will rearrange my lights inside the box and start another autoflower that I have. I will go with the Speedy Gonzales I have as they are feminized and just stick with one in the box for extra space. Either way I am not as disappointed with the SR not being auto as I thought I would have been.
:Namaste:

SSPX1418.jpg

TW as close as camera allows, but you can see the purple on fan leaves from cold temps throughout the nights.
SSPX1420.jpg

TW top shot all the little nugs are fattening up nicely
SSPX1419.jpg

Side shot of the TW amazed at how quickly she went from reveg into flower and how many pop corn nugs I have from not trimming any branches
SSPX1423.jpg

Top shot of SR with temp gauge sitting at 80 during the spring the box stays around 90 with lights on and summer I have to add an extra exhaust to help get rid of heat.
SSPX1422.jpg

Side shot of SR starting to fill out her flowers nicely.

So no watering today on the TW but the SR did get a full dose of nutes with her watering. Run off is getting a little low ph wise but I will not worry about it to much right now, I will check during the next watering which will be straight water no nutes on the SR and nutes on the TW.
The trichome check of most of the TW nugs shows all cloudy with a few amber starting. Another two to three weeks should finish her up nicely and she will get the full chop no reveg this time.:Namaste:

Hey Spliffd, the box is the same box I used for my small box grow. I will add pics tonight of both girls in the box. Since my first fail, the box has been over hauled, and after these two it will be changed once again. I mounted two fans for intake and out and mounted the lights higher than the first grow. Once I add the pics you will see just how tight it is in there. The dimensions are 16” x 20” x 12 just a bit under two cubic feet. Thanks for joining and the kind words bout the recovery.:Namaste:

SSPX1424.jpg

the box empty and lights off
SSPX1429.jpg

the plants inside weird angle so cant see the height but the SR is up against one of the light bulb and that is why it is off.
SSPX1428.jpg

My SR doing lovely she is starting to smell something wonderful. Time to get some ona gel now.
SSPX1426.jpg

Any the TW turning purple all over due to colder temps over night.
Will be updating again in a couple days when I do a trichome check again.:Namaste:

So this is one of three final updates. First I harvested 45 grams wet from my Train Wreck. The trichomes were 40% amber and 60% cloudy so I figured now would be a good time. I flushed with one gallon of fresh water prior to chopping. I will upload final images later along with the tiny nugs. So the down side to all this is I left my door open and my dog helped herself to the SR. What was left was not worth trying to save so SR got the chop and tossed into my bag of trims for some iso hash. The entire TW minus the main nug will be dried then tinctured with some alcohol and promptly be donated with some info to my father for back pain. Curious how the second harvest compares to the first but alas I have no first harvest left to compare it to. I decided to try to sprout some hybrids I made from the original TW and some Mexican BS I had. Will be looking specifically for lack of scent in the genetics. If it turns male I will collect pollen and save for another Trained Mexico female to cross it with. Live and learn and now I know not to trust my dogs when the door is open and I leave the room. I will upload pictures tonight and follow up with smoke report in a week or so.
:thanks::420: for allowing me to keep a grow journal, that is not visible out right at my house, here in this wonderful website where I only know it is mine. :Namaste:

So been dried and curing for 16 days now. the total weight dried and no stems was a hefty seven grams. The cfl's sure do keep them light and fluffy. I did smoke a fat bowl last night and still no taste or smell at all, but the high was right to the dome and kept my back pain free for hours. All in all I think it was a fun re-vegg experiment that went well and I learned a lot from it. I have germed and sprouted a Trained-Mexico seed I took from the TW first harvest. it is now a solid week along and looks to be heavy indica so far. I plan on picking up some Everclear or Bacardi 151 to create a tincture soon and will update on how that turns out at the start of my next journal in a few weeks. I may or may not start one until my TM starts showing signs of sex. For now I am just growing it for the signs of genetics, mostly the smell. My TW had no smell except for a piney scent during growing but now has next to no smell with the exception of plant matter or freshly cut grass. Thank you for watching along as this little thing moved right along. :thanks::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom