Short Ryder Auto & Bubba Kush - 1st Grow

Day 12, no real change. They're starting to smell like a plant now and not stale BO, lol.
420-magazine-mobile784511261.jpg

420-magazine-mobile771032661.jpg

Here's my day 1 of LST. Me thinks I'd better start early on these AF'S as they don't have a lot of time when they decide "it's flower time"?
420-magazine-mobile75384367.jpg

Basically the idea is to flatten them out and snip the new growth at the 4th node, right?

Okay I'm going to try that tomorrow, how about this issue I seem to be having with one of my autos? Obviously it seems like the edges of the leaves are curling up? It's the only one out of the four 13 day old plants that are doing this. It is the only one that the pot felt lighter on as well so I gave them all a good drink. I also raised the light up so that it is 22 inches above the canopy......
420-magazine-mobile1753855738.jpg

Most likely the light was to close by the look of it. The other ones may have a slightly better tolerance than this one did. No harm, a little battle scar for character.

Last night I came and raised my light 3 inches and also exhausted my can fan into the base of my tent through a 4-inch pipe. So this morning It brought the tent temperature down four degrees but still I believe too hot for the plants. Rather than lifting the light up to the top of the tent, I have elected to go back to my 2 x 400W LEDs until I can figure out a way to get this temperature issue under control for sure. I had another person on a different thread recommend CO2, not sure what that is about at this point. I don't want to have to run a dedicated air conditioner specifically for this space as electricity prices will likely boost my bill up to the point where the grow is irrelevant.

I think at this point, unless somebody can tell me that I'm wrong, I have realized that this 1600 watt LED may be too much for the 42"× 42" tent. I promised myself at the beginning of this grow that I wouldn't freak out about little things but this seems a little bit more complicated than that, LOL? Please tell me to calm down if I'm freaking out over nothing LMAO.

Any instructions at this point would be great, even if it means me putting my big LED back in if another suggestion recommends that?

The temperature around upon arrival this morning was 32.6 Celsius, when I removed the light and replaced it with my other tooth, the temperature immediately became 28.6 degrees Celsius (84F).

Disaster averted lol. I reintroduced my other 2 400W LEDs back in and brought all of the temperatures under control. In fact the girls looked so good that I topped all four older ones at the fourth node and did round 2 of my LST. See how they stand that over night. I can't wait to see how they look after my next round of nutrients.

Here's a picture of the ladies this morning, post LST and Topping. Seems like weed averted disaster Yesterday by changing the lights and now everyone looks great! Not sure who said that Autos don't like topping, these guys seem to have taken it very well.
420-magazine-mobile1948897310.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1103626122.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1160991550.jpg

420-magazine-mobile862366268.jpg

Day 16 from seed. Did further LST on them last evening. All seem to have taken it quite well. No apparent stress.
420-magazine-mobile1612474195.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1809968847.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1918452293.jpg

420-magazine-mobile929798662.jpg

This one of the girls at her topping site, does she look normal?
420-magazine-mobile188278228.jpg

Thanks in advance everyone!

This Bubba Kush is my prize winner so far. She's only 16 Days old here and she's really loving life lol.
420-magazine-mobile1356433518.jpg

My autos seem to have slowed a bit post topping.....maybe just a bit too much stress. Get used to stress ladies, LST for the remainder of your days lol. Truthfully, I've got one SR Auto 6 days behind that I'm not going to train at all and see what the difference turns out to be.

She looks just fine.
Scrog, thanks for tagging along. It helps to have a knowledgeable accomplice in this. If you're ever in Ontario.......don't hesitate.

Guy your set up is nice ! The plants look great. I am on my first closet grow as well so I hope you don't mind if I follow along.

I am in the middle of a similar grow, but with a mixture of photo and autos. Hoping to start a journal soon.

I have autos and photos vegging together right now too. 3 short rider autos and 3 bubba kush. Keeping them together while I complete a secondary veg cabinet. Once the autos switch, I'll slide the Kush into the second cabinet to continue to veg and I'll finish up the autos in the tent. Then I can flower my kush and start some more seeds or clones in my veg space. That's my plan anyway......on my way to a perpetual grow. I like the idea of having spare weed lol.

Guy
I grew about 20 years ago and decided to try again.

I currently have a small 2x4x4 tent using a 150HPS and a couple of Supplemental CFL

I have a purple kush auto freebie from SeedSupreme that is at around 20 days or so and 3 photos of unknown strains. But were all from great bags of flower lol.

I didn't or have any plans or anything at the beginning and sort of just went at it. Started at it with one photo and had lots of issues and opportunities to learn from, this one is close to finishing but if I get an 1/8th I'll be happy. I was keeping track of everything on an app on my phone, dates and timelines of the grow, but broke the phone and now I am just guessing on the days.
I will post some pics so you scan see the progression from the first to the others now with the help of this site. Hope to get a Small perpetual eventually as well.

Oh yeah. I am running the auto at 12/12 with my photos. It was topped at day 14 , and I'm doing LST so let's see how it turns out , lol. Next run I'll do the 18/6 to compare yield.

Ultimately I'd love to be flipping 3 plants every days....that would be ideal, for anyone I guess lol. What autos are they?

Back
Top Bottom