Shorty Plants

realtalgrower

So the way I see it my plants sprouted exactly 30 days ago. Seems like they are really small. They are very healthy and very dark green. I am using Pro Blend/Pro-grow, and liquid Karma. In a Hydro System, under 6 flouros (4 ft cool white) Now everythign is going fine and the grow is starting to speed up but.. As I said they are very short. My larger of the too (purp Kush) Is on its 9th node and it is like 6 inches tall. The other one (bag seed) is on its 5 and it is only like 4 inches. Both are forming what I think are secondary leaves at the stalks (Like little leaves coming from the stalk at the base of the branch. Seems they are very short. Should I pull the lights up a little bit too make them stretch?

(Also if you want more infor and pics of my grow to help with this question check the growjournals...)

Thanks for any help!

RTG

So you don't think my kids are "special" then? I was slightly worried that they aren't getting tall and big leaves like the other kids in the class. I guess my real question is what height should they be at 30 days with proper care?

Akornpatch said:
Nothing wrong with short compact internodes...but yes they are curiously short. :hmmmm:

Thanks btw for the fast response!

Factor's limiting growth (your plants should be bigger)
-Water pH. Have you tested/adjusted yours?
-Light. Flo's should be almost touching the plant tops.
-Nutrients. Are you overdoing it? You shouldn't be using BOTH full-strength.

What kind of hydro system do you have?

Also temps can effect growth rates. Cooler temps odviously will slow down growth. I wouldn't worry about it though unless you're on a tight time schedule. Your plants are odviously quite healthy.

Back
Top Bottom