shorty1242013

Hello 420 Community, New member and new grower, any and all advice will be highly appreciated!

I am growing;
1 Feminized Cheese Fem (Native Seed Co.)
Genetics= Skunk#1 x Afghani#1
Flowering Type = Photoperiod
Indica/ Sativa

1 Feminized White Widow (Native Seed Co.)
Genetics= south indian x South American
Flowering Type = Photoperiod
Mostly Sativa

Setup as follows,
Vivosun tent 32x32x64
Vivosun 6inch 440 CFM with 6"x18" carbon filter
Vivosun 3 Gallon Plant Bags
Vivosun 6 Inch Rotating Fan
KingLED 1200w at 29" away from top of plant bag

20200213_163635.jpg

20200213_163623.jpg

Cal-Mag
Fox Farm Trio
Planted in COCO

I am using RO water only, PHing to 5.85-6.15 (finding a hard time keeping a stable number)

Cheese Fem And White Widow
Germinated 12 hours in water (01/29/2020)
Planted WW on (02/02/2020)
Planted CF on (02/03/2020)

I gave both girls on 02/9/20
1/2 TSP (2.5ML) BIG Bloom
1/4 TSP (1.25ML) Grow Big
1/3 TSP (1.6ML)CAL-MAG
mixed in 1G water, then PH Balanced,
Fed them both 500ML of that mix,

have been only giving PH balanced water since, please help!

The tips of the leaves on the Cheese Fem are slowly turning white.
20200213_163357.jpg

Damaged Cheese Fem

20200213_163426.jpg

And Finally my White Widow which i believe to be healthy

20200213_163443.jpg

Hey shorty, have you found out how to put your grow journal in your signature?

Welcome to the forum, I start my seedlings in smaller planters, a cup size, and water until they get bigger then I start a quarter strength feed of nutes since there is nothing beneficial in coco, then once they outgrow the cup I uppot to their final home. I don't add calmag until I see a definite deficiency to treat.

Also read the thread in my journal, "13 words.." it's a great read and you'll get a ton of information from the first few pages, the original poster is no longer on the site but that thread is a great read for feeding in coco.

Hey shorty, have you found out how to put your grow journal in your signature?
Hey Im currently trying to work on it now, except its limiting me to a maximum of lines! please let me know if you suggest i add or remove anything! thanks again for all your support and help @AdaminCO

Welcome to the forum, I start my seedlings in smaller planters, a cup size, and water until they get bigger then I start a quarter strength feed of nutes since there is nothing beneficial in coco, then once they outgrow the cup I uppot to their final home. I don't add calmag until I see a definite deficiency to treat.
So many people have pointed out that i should have started in a solo cup, is it critical to the point where i still should transfer it to a smaller cup? Will the girls be okay if i leave them in their current 3G bags?

I normally only let about the 1st inch of coco dry out before watering again
Coco is drain to waste feeding, feed it until 15-20% of it drains out of the pots, feed daily once or twice a day, so don't worry about the top inch drying out, that's more of an old school soil watering process, so by doing this you draw oxygen into the coco and flushing out the last feed, thus avoiding any nutrients or salt build up.
After it drains out throw away what drained out and don't let your pots sit in old solution, I have my cloth pots elevated on plant stands and remove the old nutrients from the trays with a shop vac.
Happy growing!

Coco is drain to waste feeding, feed it until 15-20% of it drains out of the pots, feed daily once or twice a day, so don't worry about the top inch drying out, that's more of an old school soil watering process, so by doing this you draw oxygen into the coco and flushing out the last feed, thus avoiding any nutrients or salt build up.
After it drains out throw away what drained out and don't let your pots sit in old solution, I have my cloth pots elevated on plant stands and remove the old nutrients from the trays with a shop vac.
Happy growing!
GOOD GOD !!! JUST WHAT I NEEDED !! thank you so much @Canuckush !!!

Happy growing!
When you say feed daily once or twice a day, do you mean just PH balanced water? or do you mean feed it nutrients ?

Back
Top Bottom