Shottafire's - Bubba OG Sealed Medical Grow in Sunshine #4

What strain is it? BUBBA OG
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid unsure of exact %
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?12/12 started last night
If in Veg... For how long? 7-8 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro?sunshine#4
If soil... what is in your mix? 30 %#3 perlite, worm castings and great white mychorrizae
If soil... What size pot? 5 gal
Size of light? 1kw
Is it aircooled? no
Temp of Room/cab? 74-76
RH of Room/cab? around 50
PH of media or res? 6.5
Any Pests ? just had some issues with those bastard mites from my last room
How often are you watering? 3 days sometimes 4
Type and strength of ferts used? Pureblend and additives

Re: Shottafire's -BUBBA OG sealed medical grow in sunshine #4

A couple shots to start the journal
I am proud of what i accomplished in designing and building this room.
DSCN07837.JPG

Here are the stars of the show. 9 Bubba OG @3FT
DSCN07813.JPG

first question my rh seems high considering last grow it never went above 45-50 %rh usually at 35-45%

I have a dehuey but it seems it wont go below 50% will this be a problem. I would like to get the humidity down still.

50-55 is about as high as u wanna go. Much more u start worrying about rot etc. But unless she's sensitive u should be ok at 50%
Store mass quantities of rice in there lol. Jk. Do what u can to keep it below 50-55%

Any reason ur not aircooling the lights so u can get em closer? (Just curious not criticism)

Is that residue from a foliar feed, powdery mildew, or just reflection from the camera flash I'm seeing on some of the lower leaves?

Any reason ur not aircooling the lights so u can get em closer? (Just curious not criticism)

Is that residue from a foliar feed, powdery mildew, or just reflection from the camera flash I'm seeing on some of the lower leaves?
Normally I would air-cool my lights but I am trying something different. What do you think?
Im sure you get more luminosity without the glass but you lose them by keeping your light farther away from the canopy.
And it will cost me a pretty penny too Im sure.

On the residue. yes they have been getting a mighty wash treatment. I spray 30 minutes before lights on and hit them with RO water the following day 30 minutes before lights on. do this for about 12 days and I will be good. I hope.

Thanks for stoppping in CS!

Figured I would update this more frequent with lots of pictures.
Did a little defoliation in the canopy tonight nothing significant just trying to encourage
some of the lower branches to make there way to the screen.
playing around with a few strains trying to find bubba og a running mate.
by the looks of it I think it will be grape krush similar growing characteristics to the bubba
but have yet to flower her so not sure as of yet. I have Flo, Blueberry, and grape krush to choose from. I will only keep one

enjoy the garden

Better to always be safe.
DSCN08236.JPG

another view of the room and the gnarly ass carbon filter lol
DSCN08105.JPG

Day 3 12/12
DSCN08094.JPG

The next set of girls. they have one month to get as big as possible. a few other genetics on the right side
DSCN08126.JPG

dj short blueberry. yes please
DSCN08215.JPG

Sending Aloha from the aloha less Ca nah!

Thanks for stopping by THsea. I am hoping blueberry will work for my setup but It is a bit too leggy for my liking.
Better she go outside in the spring. Grape krush is looking like the lucky one that gets to stay inside.

I need to cruise over to your journal and check um. need sleep too. maybe stop by tomorrow to see your girls!

mahalos buddy

If you've got the means to be aircooling I wouldn't waste a second getting it setup and getting that light a lot closer. But that is just me. I and many have and do run lights without cooling but I only did so in a multi 1k setup. I'm a fan of keeping em as close as temps will allow. Cost a little more in power but if u can afford it I say do it up

So you think I should air-cool the lights or run em open?

I am kind of in between on this one too so not sure what to do. I planned on air cooling them in the summer but it would be a pain to do that with a full room. decisions decisions. back to the drawing board possibly. I am going to wait and see if anyone else will chime in!

your advice is appreciated and taken seriously.

cheers CS

I'd run them aircooled myself. Closer is better round my garden.

8" inline or 10 " on speed controller what do you think? I am leaning on air cooling them as well tbh. The bare bulb in the open reflector has a nasty hot spot parallel with the bulb so I do have to keep it quite far away. A close friend of mine runs bare with parabolic reflectors and does really well. my room is modeled off of his only difference is the reflector. My blockbuster 6" are made to be aircooled and the parabolics are run open. wonder if that would make a difference. reason being the footprint would seem to be better spread with the parabolics. and the blockbusters are made to keep the reflector tight on the canopy.

I love the support cannasensei!

Plants are showing some yellowing tonight mostly in the middle of the canopy parallel the bulb. I raised the light some more. I may just go to the supplyand pick up parabolics or a new inline fan to air cool the blockbusters. I hate to spend more money but I am selling some other grow equipment so we good.

Any suggestions on a good preflower tea anyone?

Wow those are some good lookin plants man. The rubber like sheen over the leaves, what is that? i get that after i spray with Sesame Oil too keep off mites, im assuming its some sort of "protective" film?

Thanks for stopping by delocated420! I have recently been treating them with mighty wash which worked really well. No infestation just seen a couple here and there and wanted to deal with them before the girls get flowers, although in the past I have sprayed mighty wash at 5 weeks flower with no ill effects.

Things are going well in the garden just deciding whether or not to air cool these lights. I have the day to do more research but I feel like these lights need to be air cooled to make it a more efficient productive healthy garden. I worry more about optimal environment than anything.

I will be back later tonight to update with some more pictures of the garden happenings!

this is one of 6 grown under a 600 my last grow this was the smaller of them but it sure is the best smoke I have ever grown.
blows away a lot of the top shelf club stuff I have ever seen around here.
enjoy! I am right now!

DSCN04729.JPG

Back
Top Bottom