Shottafire's - Bubba OG Sealed Medical Grow in Sunshine #4

Too bad ass man!! +reps!

Glad you like it elious. Thanks for reps too. Its really fun growing in the super soil. less labor throughout the grow but the mixing could easily throw your back out. it did mine in. Got two runs of 9 in 5 gallon smarties with some to spare for top dressings if needed.

Next up is the bad ass brix kit I picked up from the man himself (DocBud) That should be a doozy.

Glad you like it elious. Thanks for reps too. Its really fun growing in the super soil. less labor throughout the grow but the mixing could easily throw your back out. it did mine in. Got two runs of 9 in 5 gallon smarties with some to spare for top dressings if needed.

Next up is the bad ass brix kit I picked up from the man himself (DocBud) That should be a doozy.

I'm checking in regularly to see when that action gets going. I tell you what....your soil is gonna give some fierce competition to the kit. It should be interesting and fun for all!

BTW, did you get the cationic drench in your kit? If not, let me know. You need it for sure.

Letting your soil cook... Is that where you let the beneficial bacteria set up shop in the soil? I read a small clip some time back about it but I forgot what it was about. Is it really beneficial? How long does this usually take?

Cooking your soil is letting the microbes colonize and feed on tall the gooodies you put in there. If you go with a bag of high quality potting soil you dont really cook it unless you are adding your own twist to it with rock powders and minerals and some other organic ingredients. I am playing with it not a master yet just learning as I go stepping lightly into worlds unknown daily. I read a lot and process a lot but I have found like you said in your journal that it is what i do with my room and plants that is the most important. I am also getting good at reading my plants I think.

My super soil cooked for 1 and a half months for the first batch and 2 and a half months for the second batch. Cant wait to see the finish.

i recently got a bale of sunshine mix #4 w/mykos, i must say its the most impressive out of the bag pre mixed medium i have ever opened, i have tried about 20 different brands over the years and its the first one i noticed they didnt skimp on the pearlite imho, and it has a different feel to it,very lush and passes the squeeze test perfectly! and smells very "alive" i see why its so popular, now to see how it grows with my style and nutes, i mixed it with some earth juice amazon bloom bout 50/50 and added some minerals ,worm castings etc, but im gonna do a straight #4 vs amazonbloom vs coco test with 3 clones and everything else identical. we'll see what happens,btw the ladies are looking very nice, thats one helluva screen,gonna be cool to see it progress! :thumb:

Cooking your soil is letting the microbes colonize and feed on tall the gooodies you put in there. If you go with a bag of high quality potting soil you dont really cook it unless you are adding your own twist to it with rock powders and minerals and some other organic ingredients. I am playing with it not a master yet just learning as I go stepping lightly into worlds unknown daily. I read a lot and process a lot but I have found like you said in your journal that it is what i do with my room and plants that is the most important. I am also getting good at reading my plants I think.

My super soil cooked for 1 and a half months for the first batch and 2 and a half months for the second batch. Cant wait to see the finish.
So if I wanted to add dolomite lime to my soil, I would want to let it sit for a while? I mean, would dolomite have a better chance of benefiting the soil from being allowed to set?

Right on BID. The #4 is really nice to work with. Mixing it with the amazon bloom will work great my best run yet was #4 cut with roots organics about 3cuftof roots and 4 cubic feet of sunshine #4. I like that combo. should be fun to see the action in the tent.

cheers and good weed to you bro.

Will do doc.

I am sure I will be up there before that time comes. still have a set in super soil in veg for two more weeks before anything starts vegging in the HB mix. I am on the fence on pot size and veg time. I normally veg for 5-6 weeks in there 5 gallon smarties.

Quick update.

I had to cull two plants early because of spider mites, and might need to cull a couple more before they hit 60 days. they are at 51 right now. Bummed but honestly it comes with the hobby. I never over react to crap like that. I just deal with it accordingly thinking as I go. never do I frantically spray some crap on the buds. So this tray is looking like it may be getting the axe at 53 days no later than 54. Need to clean out the room as best as I can, and get back on my regimen in veg. I like to spray a mild neem solution a week before flower. and spray the plants with compost tea weekly before that.

All in all I am very happy with my garden even with the spider mites. I will take care of them just means the next few weeks will be a little more work in there.

Here is some photos.

before defol
DSCN38012.JPG

after
DSCN39912.JPG

The girls in super soil at day 21. The four corners are grape krush and they didnt stretch as much as I would have liked. I will put them in the center from now on. They are wider just not very tall.
DSCN40142.JPG
DSCN40131.JPG
DSCN40122.JPG
DSCN40111.JPG

Looking fire bro as always :circle-of-love:

Looking fire bro as always :circle-of-love:
Thank you ketama. I must say it has been really fun learning here and it was only possible from the loads of solid info here at 420 magazine.
nothing left to say but :bravo: bro damn got her locked in doing good over here reps+ to ya brotha
Right on cnd. Its always a work in progress and will be changing up things every couple grows. seeing what works for me. thanks for the reps too.

yup im excited to do this upcoming soil run a very generous and cool member has hooked me up with some high brix goodies so even tho i may not be following a specific regimine or system i have read on it for quite some time now and i defo get it im hoping to afford a refracto, and im also going to test in coco as well so im excited for this next flower run, im poised with the extra space in veg and have some finishing flower soon too so yeah coolness!:Namaste:

yup im excited to do this upcoming soil run a very generous and cool member has hooked me up with some high brix goodies so even tho i may not be following a specific regimine or system i have read on it for quite some time now and i defo get it im hoping to afford a refracto, and im also going to test in coco as well so im excited for this next flower run, im poised with the extra space in veg and have some finishing flower soon too so yeah coolness!:Namaste:
awesome BID. awaiting your success

a few spider mites?
pfffffffffttt.

Ain't no thang in shotta's garden.

Good to see things running so beautifully in there bro.
Handling yer bizness as always..

:clap:

Shottafire, this is o e of the coolest grows I have ever seen and although I am a newbie indoors, I have seen many many grows and this is totally badass! I live in the emerald triangle and have all my life, you are truly a gifted grower, this much I do know. Awesome stuff man, too cool.

Back
Top Bottom