Shottafire's - Bubba OG Sealed Medical Grow in Sunshine #4

U can't go wrong Jon just mix it well and cook it right.

I use 2 bags each of ffof, happy frog, and mendo mix from royal gold

I think everyone would agree Canna has the supersoil recipe down. His journal has the exact amendments and amounts. I fI was looking to do super soil, I'd be all over that.

Shotta, I am still working my way through your journal. Up to page 5 I think, lol. I am loving what I see, man. Awesome.

Not sure how long its been since I have posted on here lol.

I have sort of lost track of time recently as I have been consumed with my other passion which is surfing. A good run of swell means putting everything on the back burner for a couple days. It seems its been weeks. But everything is going OK my last harvest was embarrasing to say the least at only 650 grams. This is due to the fact that I had the ballast turned down to 75% for the entire grow. But the next set is looking really nice.

So I am back now and should be frequently updating. Im dealing with spider mites still not an infestation but they are present.

Need to go pick up a new shopvac mine just dumped on me recently.

heres the girls at day 29 flower.
DSCN40972.JPG
DSCN40901.JPG
DSCN40881.JPG
DSCN4085.JPG

Not sure how long its been since I have posted on here lol.

I have sort of lost track of time recently as I have been consumed with my other passion which is surfing. A good run of swell means putting everything on the back burner for a couple days. It seems its been weeks. But everything is going OK my last harvest was embarrasing to say the least at only 650 grams. This is due to the fact that I had the ballast turned down to 75% for the entire grow. But the next set is looking really nice.

So I am back now and should be frequently updating. Im dealing with spider mites still not an infestation but they are present.

Need to go pick up a new shopvac mine just dumped on me recently.

heres the girls at day 29 flower.
DSCN40972.JPG
DSCN40901.JPG
DSCN40881.JPG
DSCN4085.JPG

Are those older plants in super soil? They look great man I'd be styling with 650:) I'm not using gas so it wouldn't be a bad harvest. Of course I am striving for over 1 GPW but I know I am going to be waiting a awhile or at least until I get my CO2 genny up and running. Do ya'll have a URL for Sub's recipe? If not I am sure youtube or something on the net has it. Would love to just water only, maybe a supplement of emulsion or guano once in a while:) I'd be lost without my shop vac bro, I hope you get a nice one and enjoy the $hit out of those waves. Ride one for me bro

I have been riding hard my friend. Now I am back to business. Those are the girls in supersoil and I added things to my mix. The cool thing about subs mix is that its a base for you to start with and then you can tweak it different ways and still get stellar results. 4 BAGS roots plus all the goodies got me two full runs of 9 and few 3 gallon stragglers. I actually bought another bag for top filling some of the pots.

Looking stupid in there shotta. Glad ur getting the time to wax some wood and glide the curls. I miss surfing

Its not often the waves warrant me to confront its power. The current state of the pacific is showing signs of very warm water moving quite close to our coast in california meaning this could be a great year for us wave riders. Fishing will also be quite good as we are already getting most pelagic species of fish 100 miles out. Hope its not going off too much cause my girls will suffer. My first harvest stands to be the best yet and I am determined to hit my 1gpw mark.

I know its attainable I just have to stay on top of it. Thanks for cruising by canna man

Its not often the waves warrant me to confront its power. The current state of the pacific is showing signs of very warm water moving quite close to our coast in california meaning this could be a great year for us wave riders. Fishing will also be quite good as we are already getting most pelagic species of fish 100 miles out. Hope its not going off too much cause my girls will suffer. My first harvest stands to be the best yet and I am determined to hit my 1gpw mark.

I know its attainable I just have to stay on top of it. Thanks for cruising by canna man

I surfed LA county beaches extensively. I remember well the south swells, warm water and "earthquake" weather.

Now, a warm day up here is 52.....

I surfed LA county beaches extensively. I remember well the south swells, warm water and "earthquake" weather.

Now, a warm day up here is 52.....

I cant believe you dont paddle anymore doc not sure how thats possible.
Once a waverider always a waverider. It is hard up there though with the cold water and
heavy currents. socal is much more inviting.

What do you suggest I do about the mite issue I am having doc?
I am scouring and vacuuming the room down good just not sure what I can use safely in a perpetual grow.
The problem has gotten to that point and i need to do something now.

I cant believe you dont paddle anymore doc not sure how thats possible.
Once a waverider always a waverider. It is hard up there though with the cold water and
heavy currents. socal is much more inviting.

What do you suggest I do about the mite issue I am having doc?
I am scouring and vacuuming the room down good just not sure what I can use safely in a perpetual grow.
The problem has gotten to that point and i need to do something now.

The best cure for mites is high brix. I don't worry about them at all. They're in there, but no damage.

The second best is "Take Down" spray. It's really strong pyrethrin.....perfectly safe. I think it's made by Bayer....but most hydro shops have it.

The other thing you can do is get some MIghty Wash and use it to blast the mites off. Gets pretty wet, because the stuff is basically water, but it really inhibits the bastards.

I think with a few spraying of Take Down, followed by Mighty Wash, you'd be OK.

The best cure for mites is high brix. I don't worry about them at all. They're in there, but no damage.

The second best is "Take Down" spray. It's really strong pyrethrin.....perfectly safe. I think it's made by Bayer....but most hydro shops have it.

The other thing you can do is get some MIghty Wash and use it to blast the mites off. Gets pretty wet, because the stuff is basically water, but it really inhibits the bastards.

I think with a few spraying of Take Down, followed by Mighty Wash, you'd be OK.

As for surfing.....I still don't know what happened, exactly.

Kids?
Work?
Sailboat?

The kids all had stuff going on all the time that wasn't surfing and required my presence.....same with work.....and then all the spare time went into maintaining a sailboat.....which made a ranch trip twice a year.

Do you surf northern LA county? At one time I knew every break from Trestles to Hollywood by The Sea intimately.

Then I moved up here, where a warm day is colder than the middle of winter down there.....and the waves are much more serous.

another really good one is garden safe "neem oil extract" ormi listed im pretty sure comes in a bright green plastic bottle shaped similar to a qt of oil you mix 1-3 tbps per gallon water and mist, works really well and their neem does not reek of rotten onions and b.o. it smells like orange glo, cost about 6 bux makes about 32 gallons and can be had ay homie d,wallyz, junglezon,etc:thumb:, i usually see nothing but deadites after the second application or 4 days i spray every 72 hrs for a week then once a week prevenative right up to harvest day

I got to get some of both! The neem and the take down. Thanks for posting this stuff guys, it makes all the difference because the guys at the grow shop would sell you toxic waste if they thought you would buy it for $50 a quart!!

Been mia for a bit getting things handled. The SM are knocked down pretty good starting second sprays on the veg plants everything in flower will have to ride it out. I sprayed mighty wash once on the flowering girls and followed with a ro water spray a day later. I always spray right before lights on and ensure the plants are not soaking when I turn the lights on.

I am really behind schedule about two weeks or so but it should be all tuned up here soon.

The super soil is amazing the plants look better and more robust than ever. I hope I can get my #'s back up the first pull was the best at 930 grams. progressively smalller each time. blah. The last pull was my fault since the ballast was turned down to 75% power.

Brewing some tea and the flowering girls will get one more compost tea drench and from then on it will be just water.

Heres a few pics from day 42 flower

DSCN43121.JPG
DSCN4294.JPG
DSCN42971.JPG
DSCN4295.JPG
DSCN43021.JPG
DSCN4292.JPG

My veg and clones

DSCN43131.JPG
DSCN43151.JPG

peace everyone keep em green.

They look really really nice shotty, I like the difference in the colors this round. I am itching to get my high brix scratch on lol. My reloads are about a week out and this will be the first time in 5 gallons. The ones almost done are in 3 gallon grow bags, so next round might do well just by having a bigger container?? We'll see until I can afford to gas them I'll never get the #'s that I crave so badly lol.
A+ as always bro

Back
Top Bottom