Shottafire's - Bubba OG Sealed Medical Grow in Sunshine #4

Hey shot, what do you think about sunshine #4 in comparison to ffof or similar bag soils? I'm looking to fire up another round here pretty soon and I want much better medium than scotts super soil.

My take on what I have used so far.

Sunshine #4 is a good quality product and it is a great light fast draining mix. The #4 has no food in the soil so I like to add a few ingredients like worm castings, forest humus, azomite. You can skip all that and feed bottle nutrients to it the whole way through too but when you amend the bale with a few key ingredients the results are obvious...

If you are going for something ready to go out of the bag try to find something other than ffof if you can. if it has to be ffof you need to add some extra chunky perlite to it or cut it with one bag light warrior to one bag ffof.

Roots Organics is a pretty solid product in my opinion and if i buy in bulk the price is good.

To be honest elious after what you did with the scotts lawn soil lol. anything you use will be heaps better.

Source out some stuff to make teas research it a little. I have been getting compliments from the whole neighborhood on how lush and green everything looks in the yard. last year when me and my wife moved in it was pretty dry and the grass would crunch from being so dry.

hit me up if you want more details I will try to help.

i once grew in dollar store 1$ a bag soil lol it had hunks of clay,and gravel from somebodys driveway they had spraypaint on one side of them, i discovered all this when i transplanted into some "good stuff" miracle death soil the things we dont know when starting out, lol now i pay extra for #4 with nothing in it lol i now see 20$ a 2cuft bag as cheap but funny how we pay extra for things that have less,like a dime more for unsalted top saltines , but really i prefer to build my medium starting with coco,peat is endangered, but thats jmho:thumb:

Yeah Peat is a natural resource but it takes millions of years to make, like oil and we are depleting it fast. I still use soil's with pete in though which I maybe shouldnt'.

Must be mistaken then. I got told it off a guy who caught us camping one time. He was a park ranger and we was making a fire which can set all the peat on fire if your not careful apparently. He told us it takes millions of years to compost. I may of heard him wrong.

Whats the problem in using it then?

We are on day 50 today but the pics i will post will be from day 49.

The compost teas have been amazing. The plants are bulking up really nice and the color of the bubba is beautiful and vibrant.
Honestly seeing so many differences between this tray and all the others I have finished in the room this year. Now if I could break the 1gpw mark. I think its going to be close.

Things have been kind of rough the past week with some family issues so have been caught up with that. Thankfully everything is ok and the garden is running full speed right now with nothing out of place. Some of the girls in flower got a little burn up top but everything right where i want it.

shotta's lair o weed'n
DSCN44521.JPG
DSCN44431.JPG
DSCN4426.JPG
DSCN4425.JPG
DSCN44061.JPG

Grape Krush
DSCN4424.JPG
DSCN4423.JPG

On deck
9 bubba og
DSCN4421.JPG
DSCN4422.JPG

some clones.
DSCN43151.JPG

Peace everyone and good weed to all y'all

And boom!
everything's running like a well oiled machine!
Making it look easy over there shotta, although I know it's not.

beautiful buds!
great update too.
no b.s.
just straight to the point with the goods!

reps!

:thumb:

Nice work as always Shotta. :Namaste:

How close were you to that elusive gpw benchmark?

My first pull was 70 grams short. Each yield has gotten smaller since then. This one looks like it might have beat the first with 10 days to go yet.

Thanks for all the reps and likes and kind words it means a lot coming from all you talented folk.

Thank you steppenwolf. My night temps are hovering around 70. In the winter months I didnt get as much purpling and I was running 66-68 night temps. The super soil has brought out more of the genetic potential. Im excited to get my brix started but i am being patient so it flows smoothly.

Man im falling asleep practically as I type this. need to rest up for trim times

Damn son. Settin that shit off!
Sorry to hear more family issues have befallen you but glad to hear you worked through them. Resilience will go a long way in life and garden. Things look "double take" good. Do u ever crack the door, shut it, and giggle before u walk in? I would...

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom