Shotta's Cloning Tutorial

Hey guys I’m just going to start a thread here on how I take my clones. Remember there is Many ways to take clones but here I will share my tips tricks and answer any questions you may have. Giving back to the site in hopes it may help just one or many.
cheers. there will be a couple videos for your viewing pleasure.
cheers 420mag fam

Hope this helps someone needing to get there clone game strong. Once you pick it up cloning becomes quite easy and you will have great success as long as you keep things in check.
Any questions or tips you want to add feel free.
Cheers
Shotta

A shot of the clones I took in first video. Will update over the next few days of how to care for them. Right now they are under a dome completely closed with a fair amount of water in the tray but not touching the plugs. Just to keep humidity up.
B8D295FC-E39F-49A6-88AD-10B06FBC5E88.jpeg

Boom! Nice.

Two questions: Do you soak the Root Riot's in any nutrients? Or just around pH 6.0 water? Same question for the foliar spray.

Boom! Nice.

Two questions: Do you soak the Root Riot's in any nutrients? Or just around pH 6.0 water? Same question for the foliar spray.

don’t need to soak the root riots for any period of time. I make a low strength nutrient formula, any will do. Dunk the plugs give em a squeeze under water to help the plug get nice and saturated. Ring it out so it’s not too wet and not too dry. I use tap water with 1/4 strength cal mag and 1/4 strength canna a and b. After a few day’s I will Give them that same solution with a little rhizotonic added to it. The foliar is just tap water.

That thing with the paper over the dome = brilliant.
I took two cuttings today and put the together with the other one, one day older. And, they started to slope.
I remembered your idea, and put a stretched out and dried out wet wipe over the dome, and they perked right back up within 15 minutes. Nifty little trick. Thanks @shottafire !!

That thing with the paper over the dome = brilliant.
I took two cuttings today and put the together with the other one, one day older. And, they started to slope.
I remembered your idea, and put a stretched out and dried out wet wipe over the dome, and they perked right back up within 15 minutes. Nifty little trick. Thanks @shottafire !!
Cool bruva stoked it helped them out. If I had to guess they were tops that were used as your clones correct?

Cool bruva stoked it helped them out. If I had to guess they were tops that were used as your clones correct?

Yup, one top, that one was taken Thursday evening and two lower branches taken today.

Yup, one top, that one was taken Thursday evening and two lower branches taken today.
The tops are always a little easy to bend over from transpiration. But that Simple diffusion of light is perfect in those situations.

Btw, perhaps I missed it in the videos, but how many hours of light do you use? I usually give them a few extra hours of sleep from the otherwise normal 18/6 schedule. So about 14-16 hours for me.

Good question. So I start them with 24 for the first few days I feel like this keeps the temp and humidity more constant. On day three I ever so slightly crack one of the vents and start them on an 18/6 light schedule until they root.

Interesting!!! So 24 hours of light from the get-go? hmmmmm...
Well that is something new for me! I'ma give it a go, and raise my lights hours then!!

Interesting!!! So 24 hours of light from the get-go? hmmmmm...
Well that is something new for me! I'ma give it a go, and raise my lights hours then!!
Honestly it probably wouldn’t matter. But I would definitely give them 18 and 6

Honestly it probably wouldn’t matter. But I would definitely give them 18 and 6
I think it can make a difference, especially with the cold nights we still have here. Helping to keep the temprature leveled for sure.

Back
Top Bottom