Should I be worried?

Topping. That sounds like a wise move....

Legal here? Lolo No!!
The government has spoken once of medical cannabis .. but that ship will take time to arrive !!

I do have ventilation but no filter!!
The air that in the grow room comes directly from outside ( dont know if thats good or bad ). I dont know if the air must be constantly flowing or if it can be turned off along the day. I keep it always on except when plants go sleep .. :rip:

Yes i am able do adjust up/down my light!!

Still no PH pen. I buy 5L bootled water that has 6.5 PH :)
Maybe next month i will buy a PH Pen :cool::p

And i have no way of knowing the humidity.. have to buy that equipment too LOLO

The problem of buying these equipaments is that later you have to buy other stuff .. too much moisture = buy a dehumidifier .. too much ph in the water = buy a product to low the ph (and vice versa) .. and so on !! LOL

Slowly i will acquire all that stuff!!
Slowly learning ;)

regards cannabifreak

Hi Calvados.

I think I've figured out the problem.
I think it's the lights and the excess heat .. it's my first attempt to grow and I still can not quite understand my limits.

The HPS lights are good but you need some care because they get very hot and can quickly burn the plants.
I am still trying to understand the best position of my fan .. positioning towards the Light or towards the plants.

If I position towards the plants I am afraid of giving too much wind.

But onething i know, without the fan my grow gets all very hot ..

Anyway I've put the lights farther away.

My plants are turning 21 days old and in a couple of days I'll start feeding with a little nutrients ..
Surely they will recover ..

I would hope that by now they would be bigger .. but they are not to bad!!

Just have to keep going and learning!!
Never thought that it would be that dificult LOLOL ..

Thanks for your answer.

Regards cannabifreak
Directing a breeze toward them will cause them to "harden off" a little bit, so it's not a bad thing for them. If they get blown over, just turn the fan down or make it blow on them less directly.

As for the heat, 25-30 C is what you said your temps were? That is pretty high for some strains, and you're right to think that if your air temperature is that high, it may be higher directly under your lamp where your seedling is.

A good way to tell if the light is too close is to put your hand over the plant in between it and the light for about 30 seconds. If the back of your hand becomes warm, then that's a little too close and you can try raising it up 6" until the skin on the back of your hand barely gets warmed up.

What kind of soil are you using? There should be nutrients in there if it's not soilless.

Your watering frequency sounds a little bit high to me. The problem with the finger-in-the-dirt method is that it doesn't always apply so well to younger plants. You might want to try letting them dry out a bit longer between waterings.

A PH pen is cheap and the Up/Down is also cheap. Buy the smallest Up/Down liquid you can find, because a little goes a long way. You will need an extractor and a charcoal filter at some point, because of the smell. Relatively speaking that is expensive.

Directing a breeze toward them will cause them to "harden off" a little bit, so it's not a bad thing for them. If they get blown over, just turn the fan down or make it blow on them less directly.

As for the heat, 25-30 C is what you said your temps were? That is pretty high for some strains, and you're right to think that if your air temperature is that high, it may be higher directly under your lamp where your seedling is.

A good way to tell if the light is too close is to put your hand over the plant in between it and the light for about 30 seconds. If the back of your hand becomes warm, then that's a little too close and you can try raising it up 6" until the skin on the back of your hand barely gets warmed up.

What kind of soil are you using? There should be nutrients in there if it's not soilless.

Your watering frequency sounds a little bit high to me. The problem with the finger-in-the-dirt method is that it doesn't always apply so well to younger plants. You might want to try letting them dry out a bit longer between waterings.

Hi Fertilizer.
Thanks for the response.

Yes i have already lowed my temp grow room to between 21º and 25º..
My lights were raised.. they were too close to the plants and quite hot doing the hand test (thanks for that info)!!
Now i think its ok!!

My soil is basic.. Perlite 30% + Vermiculite 30% and the rest is basic soil.. so no suficient nutrients on the ground!!
I have started today the nutrients!! :yahoo:

I was watering basically 2 in 2 days .. but last week i started doing 3 in 3 / 4 in 4 days.

Well thanks bro

regards cannabifreak

A PH pen is cheap and the Up/Down is also cheap. Buy the smallest Up/Down liquid you can find, because a little goes a long way. You will need an extractor and a charcoal filter at some point, because of the smell. Relatively speaking that is expensive.

Hi cavaldos.
yes i will buy eventually a PH pen .. as for the smell .. not a problem .. the plants are in a zone where no one has access to the smell !! :thumb:

Thanks bro

regards cannabifreak

What is your opinion on homemade organic fertilizer?
For example, a liquid mixture based on banana, egg shell and coffee powder (NPK)?

Adding these ingredients to soil be a good start for a composted fertilizer recipe, but not as a mix to apply directly to the plant. Use some bottled organic nutrients if you want to go organic for this grow...

Adding these ingredients to soil be a good start for a composted fertilizer recipe, but not as a mix to apply directly to the plant. Use some bottled organic nutrients if you want to go organic for this grow...

Hi hiller!!
Well i decided that for this grow i will use chemical fertilizer..
I am too ignorant to make my own fertilizer .. there are many other basic things I have to know about planting cannabis than going to make my own fertilizer.
The fertilizer that i have bought have the instructions on the label :D .. so its simple to apply!!
Maybe the next plants i will try organic!!

But thanks for the tip ;)
I will remember that!

regards cannabifreak

Back
Top Bottom