Should I chop off the lower buds?

keith1975

I read this: Has any one tried a partial harvest ?

I have a ton of buds at the bottom that I never chopped off. So the plants that are about to harvest, not much I can do about them. So I'm going to leave the fluff and see if they are worth anything afterwards. But I also have 3 photperiod plants that just stared flowering. Most of the heads are at the top, but there are still a few a the bottom. There is a tremendous amount of leaves in general, so it's hard to even so how many there are underneath it all.

1. Should I cut off the fluffy small one's that can't get to the light?
2. Is it too late? Too early to do it? When is the best time to do it?

Thanks!

Hi Keith.
I am interested in the outcome of this topic as well.
Do you have a grow journal? If not can you post of photo of your plants from a side view so we can see what kind of growth you have?
I defoliated and lollipoped my plants so I don't have much on the lower side but there is a little and I thought I would just leave it there to see what happens. For comparison you can see what I did in my journal located in my signature.

Generally around your 3rd week of flower once the stretching is done is when a lot of growers will do their last defoliation, removing any larger fan leaves to allow light to lower parts of the branches to help create longer fatter buds. Removing the larger fan leaves can also help your plants focus more on bud production. I usually defoliate and open the plant up right up about a week before going into the flower room, then on the 3rd week I do my last defoliation until the end.

You can also harvest in stages take all the ripe ones off and let the bottom go a little bit won't swell up alot but the will rippen and be usable

Back
Top Bottom