Should I cut this branch?

DaKindbuds

Week 4 of my first grow and Im uncertain as to what I should do or not do with two plants I have that have branches very low on the main stem. I've seen others cut off lower branches but these two look a little bigger than others I've seen cut off any experienced growers know what I should do here?
The first one is Snoops Dream and this low branch is about the size of the main stem so hopefully you could understand why I'd be uncertain about this one.
image22838.jpg

This girl here is simply named Maui, I don't know anything else about her. And this low branch is pretty tall. I'm actually pulling it down so you can see it

You can keep doing light training and use garden wire to guide it around to the other side of the pot and let it grow from there. You can also cut it and grow a clone of the plant.

Mighty fine plants you have there. Great job getting this far!

My first thought is leave both of them. There not doing you any harm being there and will probably yeild you a few grams each. The overall size of those branches are not small enough to warrant cutting. Let her do her thing. If you know what I mean?

If your really worried that they are going to impede your yeild then cut them and don't look back. She's a hardy plant and could certainly hand a little trimming. However I don't think cutting it off is really going to do you much good

Best of luck though on your travels

Leave the first one alone because it's almost as thick as the main stalk and its top is just as high. It'll be one of your main branches. But the second one will just be a sucker. It's nowhere near the top so it won't grow very fast, and it's buried underneath the canopy. You might want to take the one on the opposite side of it, too, but there's no hurry.

[Edit] I just reread it. That branch is actually pretty tall? Then dunno, maybe leave it. It looks pretty thin though. Keep in mind that any branch that has a top that's even with the rest will grow at the same pace as the rest - that's the key. If you can push a branch in, so its top is even with the rest, it'll get stronger.

:Namaste:

If I were you I'd let the plant grow normaly, w/o any cuts. You said it is your first grow. Let the plant finish it's normal course and just study it. Se what it does, grows etc. Learn from this one and aply to future ones. Peace!

Back
Top Bottom