Should I defoliate at this point?

meffa

I'm in the middle of week 8 since flipping to 12/12 and my friend suggested I remove all of my yellow leaves to allow for better light penetration.

I like the idea but would like other opinions so I don't screw this up this late in the game. This is my first grow.
IMG_5223.JPG

I wouldn’t at this point. It’s too late into flower. Right after stretch and nothing after. I take off dead leaves and that’s it after stretch.
I've been doing the same. Early on in flower I did remove a few fans that were casting too much of a shadow, and some lower growth. Lately I've been gently pulling down on any leaves that look like they're dying and if they don't come off I leave them alone. With today's watering I got a packed handful.

I've been doing the same. Early on in flower I did remove a few fans that were casting too much of a shadow, and some lower growth. Lately I've been gently pulling down on any leaves that look like they're dying and if they don't come off I leave them alone. With today's watering I got a packed handful.
They'll die off naturally your plants feeding off them..imo I'd just let nature take its course mate..nice flowers...good job

I'm in the middle of week 8 since flipping to 12/12 and my friend suggested I remove all of my yellow leaves to allow for better light penetration.

I like the idea but would like other opinions so I don't screw this up this late in the game. This is my first grow.
IMG_5223.JPG
Hell NO! Tell your friend when he gets his own plants he can ruin those but to leave yours alone.

Hell NO! Tell your friend when he gets his own plants he can ruin those but to leave yours alone.
I didn't go with the mass defoliation and for the most part everything worked out good. I did get a little light burn up high, but it was pretty minimal and unrelated.

It's been 5 weeks since the harvest and the stuff is getting better every day. The only problem is keeping my enthusiasm in check with wanting to sample different buds before finishing what I already have rolled! There was one plant to was just perfect in every way and the product from that lady is outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom