Should I defoliate now or wait?

havoksgrow

Im thinking ill probably let her grow another 2-3 weeks before flipping to 12/12, shes only taking up about 6"x9" of a 24"x16"x19" grow box. There are about 50 nodes in that little canopy that are at least on their 3rd set of leaves but most arent getting any light. Should I remove a bunch of these "larger" leaves that are blocking off light OR not cause any more stress so my root mass grow faster as defoliating can slow down root growth? Im for sure going to defoliate right before flipping, but Im not sure what to do right now.
10s0Pa4.jpg

gFWz7xv.jpg

That's a crazy looking plant right there if it was me I would take some off but where to start??
one thing looks like you got a light leak don't know how as crazy as that thing looks but check your gravel looks like it's coming in there either crush some up for the top or cut a piece of panda film up and cover the top of the net pot that will hurt you more than anything you do to the top

That's a crazy looking plant right there if it was me I would take some off but where to start??
one thing looks like you got a light leak don't know how as crazy as that thing looks but check your gravel looks like it's coming in there either crush some up for the top or cut a piece of panda film up and cover the top of the net pot that will hurt you more than anything you do to the top
Yeah I had some really bad root rot and algae about a week back, water change and putting up that cardboard really helped. I removed about half a cup worth of fan leaves.

Back
Top Bottom