Should i defoliate these girls under 18 23 watt cfls in soil

slogro

Hello everyone, I would like some advice as to weather i should defoliate these girls. I have 4 plants in a small area. They are growing in soil. they are under 18 23 watt CFL. Please take a look at the photos and let me know your thoughts please. I am trying to maximize my yield and quality on a low budget.

IMG_33943.JPG
IMG_33953.JPG
IMG_33934.JPG
Thanks for taking the time to look and advise.

If you didn't de-leaf in veg, don't do it now it'll really stress them. I'd remove at least 1 maybe 2 plants from there, put them outside if you can and let them finish, or you can donate them to a friend.
Why am I saying this. You have too much leaf and not enough breathing room(air circulation) I'll cause mold and will ruin your whole grow.
With the remaining plants you can lst and probably yield about the same with just 2 plant in there as with these possible moldy 4.
I know it's hard to to get rid of good plants, but it has to be done.

man a lot of people are so scare of what it could happen just trim some of the top leafs and try to super crop
i seen this video where this dude just goes every day and starts to bend stems even in flower stage
and realy it just gonna give you knowledge for next time you grow experiment they look healthy they can take it
by the way his know for 1p + i do it and takes like one day to recover good luck and hope you have a great harvest
peace

In that space next time try topping and scroging two plants max. Of the size plants you have now two would fill a scrog and have way more bud sites. Now for your grow you are way to far in flower to go back in veg. To much stress on plant for that now you might kill it of get ball sacks. I like what kikocorn said

I have a similar idea for you to consider. :cheesygrinsmiley:

With CFLs, you're working with a really short penetration depth, so the undergrowth will never develop properly. If you trim off all the lower weak stems and bud sites, you'll concentrate growth into the upper buds. All that stuff will just be flimsy popcorn anyway.

Once you've cleaned 'em up a bit, you'll get a better idea about pulling some fans, too.

Back
Top Bottom