Should I flower these ladies next week?

jaydee808

Girlscouts looking and feeling fresh, in thier final homes. they just started thier 6th week from seed yesterday. i lost a week from extra topping and light pruning. should i go into flowering next week or should i give them an extra veg week? i kept them short with some lst, planning on tying them down again for the final stretch of veg as soon as they recover from todays transplant. i still gotta transplant the last two tommorow, ran out of soil. any opinions and advice is gladly appreciated. first time growing from seed, these ladies arent developing as fast as the clones im used to. thanks...

420-magazine-mobile334318486.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1855104478.jpg

yes, i topped them twice on the bigger ones, they have four tops and the smaller ones have developed two tops. yeah looks like they can veg a little more, thnks

do u think i should top some of the lower growths as well? will they recover in time, kinda dont wanna veg over the 8 week mark, i already count about 8-12 tops each on the 3 bigger plants

do u think i should top some of the lower growths as well? will they recover in time, kinda dont wanna veg over the 8 week mark, i already count about 8-12 tops each on the 3 bigger plants
I wouldn't get too carried away with lower branch topping if you are trying to do LST. You kind of want the branches to grow a bit so you have something to tie down, but still grow a decent nug. You could easily fill that tent with three plants. They look pretty happy at this point.

I wouldn't get too carried away with lower branch topping if you are trying to do LST. You kind of want the branches to grow a bit so you have something to tie down, but still grow a decent nug. You could easily fill that tent with three plants. They look pretty happy at this point.
thanks for the advice akornpatch thats what i figured i think i got enough tops to have a decent harvest this grow, no need to get greedy and risk the quality & health of my girlscouts later on right?!? do i keep them tied down during the flowering stage? i've never used lst before but i gotta say i do very much like the results of it.

thanks for the advice akornpatch thats what i figured i think i got enough tops to have a decent harvest this grow, no need to get greedy and risk the quality & health of my girlscouts later on right?!? do i keep them tied down during the flowering stage? i've never used lst before but i gotta say i do very much like the results of it.
*also moving them into a way bigger grow space this weekend, ur right that tent will probably only fit three of them, wasnt expecting all 7 seeds i found to pop and survive, let alone be females...lol...

I would take off lower weaker growth and grow bigger but that just me. regards
thnks very much for the advice. so i went with it & cut some of the lower weaker growth, but tried not to overdue it and tied my babies back down. gonna veg for 2 more weeks n flower my girls at the 8 week mark. hopefully they recover and grow very well by then.

420-magazine-mobile959513290.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1517576755.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1468739383.jpg

Cool. Before
SAM_5869.JPG
After
SAM_5872.JPG
.regards
thnks for the visual gonna let em recover n stregthen a day or two then finish cleaning em up... hopefully all goes well, its amazing how fast these plants create growth. Btw, when would it be a good time to stop lst and untie them? right before flowering or do u just keep em tied down?

After the flowers start I wouldn't tie them any longer. Let them reach up and fill in.

Have you ever tried less plants and more topping for spread and SCROG them?

thnks for the visual gonna let em recover n stregthen a day or two then finish cleaning em up... hopefully all goes well, its amazing how fast these plants create growth. Btw, when would it be a good time to stop lst and untie them? right before flowering or do u just keep em tied down?
No additional tie down when flowering starts...but no release either. Keep them held down but let the buds reach up toward the light.

After the flowers start I wouldn't tie them any longer. Let them reach up and fill in.

Have you ever tried less plants and more topping for spread and SCROG them?
yeah i wasnt expecting all the seeds to pop and survive lol... i was maybe only expecting three at the most 4 out of the 8. couldnt find it in me to put any of them down, i already put one down cuz it didnt look too healthy and worth the time, very hard decision. but i do have a way bigger space to move them into next week so should be okay on space, hopefully. also yes, i have a screen for the new area that i will put to use, saw some great results from journals that used screens. im very excited to try that out and i will take ur advice on untying them when they start to flower. i think ive kept them short enough im excited to see them just explode!!!

Back
Top Bottom