Should I limit my amount of seed orders?

HoBrah808

I have temporary access to a mailing address that is unrelated to my future grow location, so I have made several purchases in the past two+ weeks. At first, I was testing out different banks with smallish orders. But now I am thinking about taking advantage of this address to buy all the "inventory" I need for the foreseeable future now. I did purchase enough seeds for a solid year of continuous growing (esp factoring in cloning), but I have no idea if an opportunity like this will come around again anytime soon. My only real concern is whether having a flurry of orders carries any additional risk, beyond the usual issues. Of my already existing orders, one has arrived and the others are still in transit.

If I had a "sterile" delivery address - and the money, lol - right now, I'd probably order two or three hundred seeds.

In the technical sense, of course more orders = more risk. That's like asking if you're more likely to get hit by a car if you cross the street seven times than only once.

But remember also... Buying seven Powerball tickets instead of just one still means you almost certainly won't win the jackpot. You're talking about something (assuming you've applied common sense) that has extremely low odds to begin with, so at the end of the day, you still have the extremely low odds. (Just a little higher than before.)

EDIT: In fact, I'd feel safer placing multiple orders than, say, one order for 1,200 seeds. Again, the odds of getting caught are really low. But I've always wondered, if Customs happened to catch a really large order that contained enough seeds for a warehouse grow instead of the usual seed order, would they do more than just swap it for the generic form letter for once?

Pretty much everything you said was my logic as well. I just don't have the experience with ordering seeds internationally to know much about the process. I will wait for a couple more orders from the first batch to come in and keep my new orders small. Upside is I will have a good idea which seed banks I like. Of course if I do it right, I won't need them for years after this!

Appreciate the input...

...or worse, either have an issue with the parent stock and need to (attempt to) recreate the offering or decide to "improve" it... Without admitting that they did one of these things in the strain description / ad.

Back
Top Bottom