Should I, or shouldn't I?

DankBuds

Switch my lights from 12/12 to 8/16 the last two weeks? I just read that it stops regrowth and promotes crystal production.... here it is.

Flowering Time: On both mediums it is suggested to flower (12 hour light) the White Widow for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. We suggest the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle to turn the lights off altogether - or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from regrowth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower...try it!

Well, should I try it? Whatcha think, is it true or worth it?
How do you think this would effect my yeild? Thanks For Helpen Ya'll!!! :allgood:

DankBuds :Rasta:

Did Arjan say that? If not, I doubt it very much either way. Further depriving of light in the last 2 weeks only serves to limit overall growth, and consequently resins. It does however shorten harvest date by ripening plants more quickly.
I have a friend who grew 2 identical plants, and gave one 12/12, and the other 9/15, in the last 10 days of flowering. At the end when buds were harvested, one plant was slightly more advanced in maturation, but less in yield (than the plant under 12/12). The difference in weight was only a matter of 7gms. The plant under 12/12 had more light to assist in resin production, hence a bigger yield, but did not ripen as quick as the plant doing 9/15.

Thanks S. Moose, I priciat it man! Yea I was wondering about that myself, seems like I'd be taken alot of light from'em when they really need it the most, I thought more Light always equals more Bud? :allgood:

DankBuds :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom