Should i ph the water i mist my plants with

joan

hey guys i was wondering if it is adviserble to ph my tap water to a ph of 5.8 before i mist my plants!!! do i need to ph my tap water first, my tap water is a ph of 7.4 straight from the tap!!! will water thats got ph in it corse any burn spots on leaves after misting them over a period of time due to the water having ph in it as i know that ph can and will burn things!!!!!! thanks for your help guys :eek:)

no u dont ph water if u foliar spray. when ur roots absorb nutrients they do it at diff ph ranges thats why u ph for normal waterings. but foliar spray will absorb without ph and its actually one way to combat a ph problem. just out of interest why are u foliar spraying? do u have a prob with plants? if not i wouldnt do it.

hey guys thanks for getting back to me with your messages but it seems i didnt explain myself properly which is my fault and im sorry for coz what i was actually asking is when you mist your plants with just plain water through out the vegetative stage should you ph the plain water thats in your spray bottle first or just mist your plants with plain water straight from the tap without ph it!!!! im not actually foliar feeding i am feeding my plants through there roots from my res!!!! i appreciate your time and help guys :eek:) thank you

but ph doesnt affect foliar spray mate, the leaves will absorb it ph regardless. Leaves dont take in nutrient in the same way as roots.

pH does play a role in foliar feeding. If you make it more acidic it will become more soluble and easier to be absorbed by the plants stomata. You can also help prevent molds by pHing a foliar spray because they can only thrive in certain ranges.

thank you cultivator and jj bones for your reply!!!! i was wondering mr jj bones that when you say that ph does play a part in foliar feeding are you talking about foliar feeding them with nuts or and spraying them with just plain water and you talk about phing a foliar spray can prevent molds coz they can only thrive in certain ph ranges, well mr jj bones i was wondering if you could please tell me just was ph ranges molds like to thrive on!!!! thank you :eek:)

dont worry about mould in veg especially unless u have seen evidence of it already. i wouldnt ph water, i have many years experience as a commercial grower and its not necessary. if u find u have moulds then u would treat accordingly, but veg plants are less likely to show that unless u have them in bad conditions.

Interestingly the mold thrives on acidic surfaces. So a pH of 7 or 8 will be good to help prevent things. However like Culivator said if your environment is well, it won't matter.

I'm only talking about the pH of nutrients on a foliar spray.

Everyone has their own methods, I'm just speaking from my experiences as well as other growers within our network.

hey cultivator and jj bones i wanna thank both you guys for your help and advice :eek:) it is clear to me now just what i gotta do when it comes to the whole ph thing and i will take on board what you have both said and once again you have helped me out and im greatful for it ..... thanks :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom