Should I prune my plants?

danopano

My plants are about 2 weeks into flowering. Not too sure if I need to prune some of the leaves off or not. Any help would be very upreciated.

They are both also 100% outdoor, and I'm only using seasol as a nutrient.
image19694.jpg
image19693.jpg

I agree with Tead. You can defol fan leaves if they are blocking light to lower bud sites. I thinks it's mostly recommended to do a few per day so as to not stress the plant too much, but I have heard of people doing it all at once so they don't continually stress the plant. Soo... yeah, two schools of thought there.

cut the lower stuff off clean, this plant is big enough to take damage. don't do it all at once if you want to be all cautious.

only auto's and young regular plants are sensitive about pruning. in my experience.

I was just reading a tutorial post today, and the author mentioned that he removed any under-sized shoots during the first 2 weeks of flowering. This is a different scenario than yours, as it was an indoor SCROG setup, but his logic was that he wanted the plant to focus all the energy on the main colas. And as mentioned, every time you hurt the plant, it may need some recovery time.

I'm guessing that by "prune some of the leaves" you meant defoliate. That should be fine, as the guys said before mine. Though you are in direct sunlight, as you mention, so you probably have pretty good light penetration to all your bud sites. If not, remove or trim leaves to expose the hidden bud sites, as you see fit. Whatever way you go, you have some nice looking plants!

Back
Top Bottom