Should I re-pot? Almost end of veg

chib

Hey there,

I was just wondering if I should repot before I throw this girl into flower, She's about 24 inches long and 8 inches high so far thanks to heavy lst.

She's already in a 5 galon pot which she's been in for the last 10 days and I can already see her roots poking through the bottom.

So far she's under 8 23 watt cfl lights, Will be bumping it up to 12 lights come flower. My grow space measures 60 inches tall by 30 inches wide and 28 inches long.

She's my first grow in a while, not too familiar with everything right now.

Thank you so much, I attached pictures for reference.
20190921_205849.jpg

Attachments

• 20190921_205926.jpg
    20190921_205926.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 20190921_205942.jpg
    20190921_205942.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 20190921_205821.jpg
    20190921_205821.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 170
If you are flowering her now, then she's fine in the 5g. You can go larger if you like but only really necessary if you veg her a little longer. Matching your watering schedule to your pot size is more important than pot size alone though.

This guy should switch to fabric pots, that prevent root bound.

Nice plant. Send her to flowering bud. She will be fine. This is what I would do. But obviously do what makes you happy.

Dude, you don't grow in soil and he's in a plastic pot. :hmmmm:

20 gal fabric for me next year. Plastic is going to the curb

amen on that.
for me, solo cup, 6" plastic pot, then five gallon fabric pot.
I used to go bigger, but my back hurts lifting them up. I rather water/feed more often in a fiver.

Good luck on your grow and welcome to the forum.
Make sure that the advice you get is from soil growers, because advise from hempy/hydro and DWC is a different kind of monster and rarely applies to soil growers.

If you are flowering her now, then she's fine in the 5g. You can go larger if you like but only really necessary if you veg her a little longer. Matching your watering schedule to your pot size is more important than pot size alone though.

she won't be fine, she's in soil, you grow DWC.
A whole different monster.

amen on that.
for me, solo cup, 6" plastic pot, then five gallon fabric pot.
I used to go bigger, but my back hurts lifting them up. I rather water/feed more often in a fiver.
A shop vac works wounders for us growers. :nerd-with-glasses:

A shop vac works wounders for us growers. :nerd-with-glasses:

Hey Scrog I don't want to hijack his thread so I'm going to pm you about the shop vac.

Hey there,

I was just wondering if I should repot before I throw this girl into flower, She's about 24 inches long and 8 inches high so far thanks to heavy lst.

She's already in a 5 galon pot which she's been in for the last 10 days and I can already see her roots poking through the bottom.

So far she's under 8 23 watt cfl lights, Will be bumping it up to 12 lights come flower. My grow space measures 60 inches tall by 30 inches wide and 28 inches long.

She's my first grow in a while, not too familiar with everything right now.

Thank you so much, I attached pictures for reference.
20190921_205849.jpg

Hey buddy, your link doesn't work.
I'm a soil grower and would like to read your journal, if I can find it.
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Thank you everyone for the quick comments, I was going to leave it in the 5 galon but decided to up her to a 7 galon geopot. Hopefully this gives her enough room to thrive.

@John Wick The grow journal in my signature is from a few years ago, I was able to get 3.7 ounces out of a 4.5 galon grow under the same lighting I'm going to be using for this one.

I kind of want to start a journal anyways for this grow, I will keep you posted John.

Hey buddy, your link doesn't work.
I'm a soil grower and would like to read your journal, if I can find it.
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Just fixed it, It's from a few years ago like I said but this is what you can expect.

My new cab is much better, Made it from PVC so I could custom fit it into my closet, I'm also using ffof for my soil this time and it's seeming to be much nicer to work with than what I used last time.
This plant is also about the same size as the one in the journal right now, but with a few less nodes.
Also in the last journal I put her into flower when the roots were sticking through the bottom in veg, I think I could have easily got 5 ounces off her if she had proper room for root formation.

she won't be fine, she's in soil, you grow DWC.
A whole different monster
Just because I currently grow DWC, doesn't mean I've never grown in soil. I have plenty of experience in soil. I didn't say it would be perfect, I said it would be fine. I also said, if he was flowering it the day of the original post, which he is no longer doing. I said it is necessary to up pot if he is going to continue vegging, and he has decided to continue vegging for 2 weeks, which is pretty substantial. So I stand by my original post.

Thank you everyone for the quick comments, I was going to leave it in the 5 galon but decided to up her to a 7 galon geopot. Hopefully this gives her enough room to thrive.

@John Wick The grow journal in my signature is from a few years ago, I was able to get 3.7 ounces out of a 4.5 galon grow under the same lighting I'm going to be using for this one.

I kind of want to start a journal anyways for this grow, I will keep you posted John.

Good move Chib, get her all prepped in a bigger home so she has time to settle in before you flip here into her flowering mode.

That way you're not taking a chance of putting more stress on her and possibly cause her to be a bad girl.

Seriously looking forward to following along.
Great job so far.

You got this ! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom