Should I remove a Mars Hydro light?

Martok

I’m a little worried about my plants, the tallest started showing signs of what I think to be light burn a couple days ago, and it seems to be spreading despite raising lights. This is my first grow.

I’m using 2 MARS HYDRO TS 600W LED Grow Lights in a 3x3 tent. There are now 7 plants about 3 weeks into flowering, and 1 small plant in the corner about 1 week into flowering. All in 2 gal fabric pots.

It first started showing on my tallest couple plants, and I’ve been raising my lights for the last 2 days but it seems to be spreading to my entire canopy. They’re now pulled up all to the top of the tent, about 20” from the tallest plant.

if this continues should I pull out a light or am I misdiagnosing them?

I also have another 4x4 tent with 5 plants in 5 gal fabric pots, 2 days into flowering under 2 iSmile 1000W LED Grow Lights. Should I switch the two MARS HYDROs with one of the iSmiles? So:

3x3 tent would have 1 1000W iSmile.
4x4 tent would have 1 1000W iSmile & 2 600W MARS HYDRO.

Attachments

• 742639FB-F903-49C3-9E4C-C5C008D95D99.jpeg
    742639FB-F903-49C3-9E4C-C5C008D95D99.jpeg
    636 KB · Views: 84
  • 75DFC4A4-AC9D-4786-9F71-9253AC8984D8.jpeg
    75DFC4A4-AC9D-4786-9F71-9253AC8984D8.jpeg
    586.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 57ED81C1-5EC9-4FFF-A8BB-364B3B1227D1.jpeg
    57ED81C1-5EC9-4FFF-A8BB-364B3B1227D1.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 82
  • 9D372B79-D339-46C4-84A8-E52D1AAE6540.jpeg
    9D372B79-D339-46C4-84A8-E52D1AAE6540.jpeg
    521.1 KB · Views: 88
  • F4A0E1D6-7A33-40FE-B836-A405E20C0EEE.jpeg
    F4A0E1D6-7A33-40FE-B836-A405E20C0EEE.jpeg
    800 KB · Views: 88
  • EEFD1AA1-39FA-422A-8B5E-579A758A32B6.jpeg
    EEFD1AA1-39FA-422A-8B5E-579A758A32B6.jpeg
    921.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 370020C7-325A-43EF-B5C1-1F15B23C0309.jpeg
    370020C7-325A-43EF-B5C1-1F15B23C0309.jpeg
    683.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 205BFDE6-7A7A-40CF-9377-6ECC7FDF5F84.jpeg
    205BFDE6-7A7A-40CF-9377-6ECC7FDF5F84.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 16A072EA-0287-4DAB-B584-2EE84FCC3350.jpeg
    16A072EA-0287-4DAB-B584-2EE84FCC3350.jpeg
    835.3 KB · Views: 79
run both lights hard ... and supercrop which is what @Elvin is suggesting ..
I had no idea there was a name for it ;-)
Personally if the stretch is almost over, I'll let it hit the lights.
Stresses the heck out of it which might cause a SAR effect (like chitosan does).
If it is still stretching and will be for over a couple of weeks I'll flop that sucker on its side.

I had no idea there was a name for it ;-)
Personally if the stretch is almost over, I'll let it hit the lights.
Stresses the heck out of it which might cause a SAR effect (like chitosan does).
If it is still stretching and will be for over a couple of weeks I'll flop that sucker on its side.
the bending part is the super cop lol

Welp, hopefully I did that okay. I did snap one top, but not the end of the world. I can only learn by doing, I’m def interested to see how they respond this week. I realized after that I should have bent them a little lower on the stems.

Attachments

• AB5A66F8-1203-4231-BEE2-F4F35DE846DB.jpeg
    AB5A66F8-1203-4231-BEE2-F4F35DE846DB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • E3B7AC31-DD78-4BB5-9B15-8DA5229EA416.jpeg
    E3B7AC31-DD78-4BB5-9B15-8DA5229EA416.jpeg
    798.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 7924CD69-06CA-427B-8D41-726944348CBE.jpeg
    7924CD69-06CA-427B-8D41-726944348CBE.jpeg
    928.5 KB · Views: 81
  • C70D1E63-5608-458B-8223-EEF3CA16EE2E.jpeg
    C70D1E63-5608-458B-8223-EEF3CA16EE2E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Light burn looks more like bleaching whereas that just looks like lighter green new growth. I haven't gone full cycle with that light yet (have one in a grow box), but with LED in Flower you will usually fall into the 10-15" range off the tops once you find what they like or don't like (each Strain can be different along with the multitude of lights). With their SP 250 I'm right around 12" from tops once it quits stretching or what seemed to work best for last plants I Flowered with them, so I can't see the TS 600 being a ton different.

No, zoom or look a little closer at the tips of my leaves. They're yellow, or burnt and curled up, and it's spreading to only the top of the rest of the plants. Am I misdiagnosing them?

Light burn looks more like bleaching whereas that just looks like lighter green new growth. I haven't gone full cycle with that light yet (have one in a grow box), but with LED in Flower you will usually fall into the 10-15" range off the tops once you find what they like or don't like (each Strain can be different along with the multitude of lights). With their SP 250 I'm right around 12" from tops once it quits stretching or what seemed to work best for last plants I Flowered with them, so I can't see the TS 600 being a ton different.

No zoom or look a little closer at the tips of my leaves. They're yellow, or burnt and curled up. Am I misdiagnosing them?
Yellow tips is too much Nutrients, back off slightly on how much you using if you want, but a little bit like that is fairly normal (or least for me as I rarely grow just one Strain at a time and I just feed them all the same unless I really have a finicky one, some heavy Sativa's really don't like/want heavy nutes so you do have to sometimes feed them differently than other Strains). And they will curl away from the light not towards it if they don't like the light.

Ok interesting, I'll give them some time off the nutes. As far as I know, these plants came from random bags over the last two years. No telling what I got in there.
Yellow tips is too much Nutrients, back off slightly on how much you using if you want, but a little bit like that is fairly normal (or least for me as I rarely grow just one Strain at a time and I just feed them all the same unless I really have a finicky one, some heavy Sativa's really don't like/want heavy nutes so you do have to sometimes feed them differently than other Strains).

You don't have to quit feeding them, just don't feed as strong. And with that light you probably won't start having issues like that until you get closer to 10" off the tops of the plants in Flower, as are closer to tops than in Veg (probably more 18-22" off tops in Veg with most LED).

No, zoom or look a little closer at the tips of my leaves. They're yellow, or burnt and curled up, and it's spreading to only the top of the rest of the plants. Am I misdiagnosing them?
I hate to butt in but do you know what ppm levels your feeding? If your tips are burning you could be running your nutes a little too hot! I’d back down a bit on the ppms. If your able to check your runoff check your feed before you pour it in or how ever which way your medium is and then check your run off. Let it drip and fill up a few cups of runoff and then pour more feed in and let it drip until you get a precise reading. If your ppms in your run off are wayyy over your feed ppms then just feed plain water until your runoff starts reading the same as what your putting in your feed. Hint... 800ppms are ideal if you want to do a feeding every feed but if you are doing a heavy ppm feeding schedule Higher than 900ppms I’ve come to realize it starts to build up in your medium and starts to burn your leaf tips. Some of the genetics I run have burnt tips all the way up until harvest as long as your keeping up with your runoff and keeping an eye on ppms and making sure your not locking out your uptake in the root system the sign of tips being a little crispy just means your feeding them. Just don’t over do it and watch your runoff. I personally have a log of every feeding and runoff once I enter my lady’s into flower so that I can watch their uptake and see what strain can handle harder ppm levels. But if you stay in the 800s threw out the life cycle I’ve found out most strains grown these days can handle the strength and thrive.

I hate to butt in but do you know what ppm levels your feeding? If your tips are burning you could be running your nutes a little too hot! I’d back down a bit on the ppms. If your able to check your runoff check your feed before you pour it in or how ever which way your medium is and then check your run off. Let it drip and fill up a few cups of runoff and then pour more feed in and let it drip until you get a precise reading. If your ppms in your run off are wayyy over your feed ppms then just feed plain water until your runoff starts reading the same as what your putting in your feed. Hint... 800ppms are ideal if you want to do a feeding every feed but if you are doing a heavy ppm feeding schedule Higher than 900ppms I’ve come to realize it starts to build up in your medium and starts to burn your leaf tips. Some of the genetics I run have burnt tips all the way up until harvest as long as your keeping up with your runoff and keeping an eye on ppms and making sure your not locking out your uptake in the root system the sign of tips being a little crispy just means your feeding them. Just don’t over do it and watch your runoff. I personally have a log of every feeding and runoff once I enter my lady’s into flower so that I can watch their uptake and see what strain can handle harder ppm levels. But if you stay in the 800s threw out the life cycle I’ve found out most strains grown these days can handle the strength and thrive.

Please butt in! This is my first grow, so still getting this experience. First thing I do tomorrow: get a TDS meter.

Please butt in! This is my first grow, so still getting this experience. First thing I do tomorrow: get a TDS meter.
Yes brotha please do lol I can’t tell you how many times I preach my method to even seasoned growers that tend to know there stuff more than I do. Lol but some people get tooo comfortable on how they do things they forget the first and upmost important thing in growing indoors where your able to imitate the outdoor living. It’s that your able to become a scientist and get to know your plants a lot more than if they were in the wild. So use this age in time to advance the art more!! Some growers think I’m crazy to keep a detailed log but I tell ya what it shows in the end when I’m always having a successful grow and they tend to have issues all the time being stubborn and thinking they know what’s up. Lol I always tell people just experiment a little and you’ll be surprised all the non sense some people claim lol!! But let me know if you need help when you get your meter. If your not checking your ph I’d highly recommend getting one of them as well especially if your feeding microbes to your schedule because sometimes just adding one thing could take your ph level so far down it’s sick to see.my feeding schedul is down to a t that I no longer need to ph my feeding routine. What type of nutrients are you using might I ask?

Yes brotha please do lol I can’t tell you how many times I preach my method to even seasoned growers that tend to know there stuff more than I do. Lol but some people get tooo comfortable on how they do things they forget the first and upmost important thing in growing indoors where your able to imitate the outdoor living. It’s that your able to become a scientist and get to know your plants a lot more than if they were in the wild. So use this age in time to advance the art more!! Some growers think I’m crazy to keep a detailed log but I tell ya what it shows in the end when I’m always having a successful grow and they tend to have issues all the time being stubborn and thinking they know what’s up. Lol I always tell people just experiment a little and you’ll be surprised all the non sense some people claim lol!! But let me know if you need help when you get your meter. If your not checking your ph I’d highly recommend getting one of them as well especially if your feeding microbes to your schedule because sometimes just adding one thing could take your ph level so far down it’s sick to see. What type of nutrients are you using might I ask?
Hell yes. I've kept up a journal at minimum, but I should take more measurements and record them. I'm addicted to organized data anyway.

I am checking pH but it's a dissolve solution and I'd like to get a digital one as soon as I can.

Nutrients-wise, I've been using General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom nutrients. So a bottle for vegetating and another for flowering. I've seen some systems have 3 bottles. I'm growing in an airy mushroom compost that they've all seemed to enjoy so far.

Good job on the bending! They'll be turning back up towards the light be tomorrow and form a nice knuckle where you pinched them. Sometimes if you have one that feels like it's going to snap, pinch both side and twist the stem a little side to sideuntil you feel a slight pop (like when you crack your back while sitting in a chair) that should loosen up the fibers a little.
Remember this is a strong, fibrous plant that they make rope out of!

Hell yes. I've kept up a journal at minimum, but I should take more measurements and record them. I'm addicted to organized data anyway.

I am checking pH but it's a dissolve solution and I'd like to get a digital one as soon as I can.

Nutrients-wise, I've been using General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom nutrients. So a bottle for vegetating and another for flowering. I've seen some systems have 3 bottles. I'm growing in an airy mushroom compost that they've all seemed to enjoy so far.
Just don’t get discouraged once you check your run off and it saying for example 2800ppms!! Lol that is a lot but then again that’s also reversible if you just feed plain water with maybe a cal mag in there as well for any deficiencies that might pop up while your flushing out your medium. In my honest opinion I wouldn’t do what most people suggest as a flush with plain water to flood your soil with gallons of water. Especially if you have a ways to go before harvest I’d suggest to just water only and watch your ppm level drop to where your plants are comfy. Like I said I feed 800ppms threw out a plants life cycle while watching my runoff and if I find my runoff a little higher than I like then I know to then feed with just water and calmag the next feed and then just keep on feeding 800ppm. Of course there are some tips on feeding a little heavier once stretch has begun to fatten up your buds but runoff is everything while In flower.

Just don’t get discouraged once you check your run off and it saying for example 2800ppms!! Lol that is a lot but then again that’s also reversible if you just feed plain water with maybe a cal mag in there as well for any deficiencies that might pop up while your flushing out your medium. In my honest opinion I wouldn’t do what most people suggest as a flush with plain water to flood your soil with gallons of water. Especially if you have a ways to go before harvest I’d suggest to just water only and watch your ppm level drop to where your plants are comfy. Like I said I feed 800ppms threw out a plants life cycle while watching my runoff and if I find my runoff a little higher than I like then I know to then feed with just water and calmag the next feed and then just keep on feeding 800ppm. Of course there are some tips on feeding a little heavier once stretch has begun to fatten up your buds but runoff is everything while In flower.
Also I’m not 100% on your nutrients but I grow with a number of different names. I use fox farm, botanicare, all kinds of organics, certain microbes and of course recharge. I also use Liquid and soil additives to build and feed just my soil alone. The only thing I’d consider using when I absolutely have to is ph up or down which in most cases I don’t need to use any ph adjusters.

Back
Top Bottom