Should I repot or top?

TheStonyRoller

Hello again everyone! My Gorilla Glue ladies are moving right along and I’m sensing it’s time to look toward the future...so, should I top them now, or repot and top after transplant stress has subsided?
They have about 7-8 nodes each and are about 9 inches tall, they were put in the 3 gallons on June 15. Last fed 4 days ago. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated :thumb:

Attachments

• 2459D5B8-132F-4E01-BB7D-97ABFC49A327.jpeg
    2459D5B8-132F-4E01-BB7D-97ABFC49A327.jpeg
    845.7 KB · Views: 136
  • BCF0812C-DC0C-4FB9-96FD-A5D18FC7FDA1.jpeg
    BCF0812C-DC0C-4FB9-96FD-A5D18FC7FDA1.jpeg
    891.7 KB · Views: 152
If you plan to transplant no matter what and you are looking at transplanting now then I would do that and top later . If you are looking at transplanting in a week then I say you should have know issues topping now as in veg these plants recovery recover quickly from pruning or any training for that matter . I have had broken branches fully recover in 2 days and by broken I mean all the way through.

If you plan to transplant no matter what and you are looking at transplanting now then I would do that and top later . If you are looking at transplanting in a week then I say you should have know issues topping now as in veg these plants recovery recover quickly from pruning or any training for that matter . I have had broken branches fully recover in 2 days and by broken I mean all the way through.
Good to know! :thanks:

doesnt matter honestly isnt as big a deal as youre thinking.

i always top as soon as possible but thats just me. i usually top and defoliate when i feed during veg so there is some rhizotonic to help with the stress as well.

i would transplant, then top and feed it once in the new pot, thats what i would do.

i always top as soon as possible but thats just me. i usually top and defoliate when i feed during veg so there is some rhizotonic to help with the stress as well.

i would transplant, then top and feed it once in the new pot, thats what i would do.
Yeah, I’m definitely thinking way too deep about every decision...but in a good way I hope :ganjamon: this forum is an awesome tool to help me over think! I’ve read SOOO much in the last week! I think it’s cured me of Facebook!
Thanks for the advice, I’m going to do just that!

Yeah, I’m definitely thinking way too deep about every decision...but in a good way I hope :ganjamon: this forum is an awesome tool to help me over think! I’ve read SOOO much in the last week! I think it’s cured me of Facebook!
Thanks for the advice, I’m going to do just that!
yep. its one thing if a deer bites off a top of your plant, but indoors where you are in control its not that big a deal.

i usually will top at 4th node lately. i like to be able to have as much time with the plant topped to give myself more time to figure out its final form.

dont know if thats correct or not, but it plays out well in my head and hasnt failed me yet.

i will say this though. topping and/or mainline/heavy defoliation very early will affect growth though. anytime you remove leaves when you only have a few will stunt growth at the very beginning.

but anyways

Yeah my thoughts aswell mate. Saved me a bit of typing there, cheers bro lol.

fabric pots? Transplant now. Once the rootzone expands it can be hard to get a plant out of a fabric pot without it being a pain in the ass, so if you plan to transplant you should do it sooner than later. Then wait about a week before topping.

fabric pots? Transplant now. Once the rootzone expands it can be hard to get a plant out of a fabric pot without it being a pain in the ass, so if you plan to transplant you should do it sooner than later. Then wait about a week before topping.
I just chuck the fabric pot in too. The roots grow through it no problem. Done it a few times now and always worked as expected :)

I just chuck the fabric pot in too. The roots grow through it no problem. Done it a few times now and always worked as expected :)
Not the most efficient method, but whatever works for you. I like getting more than one grow out of a pot.

Not the most efficient method, but whatever works for you. I like getting more than one grow out of a pot.
I re-use them too mate. Just empty it. Dry it out under the lights. Brush it off then give it a good blast under the tap.
It's not something I do often. Just when life problems get in the way and I've had to veg for too long. Mine are only 10L so gotta watch the veg time.

Back
Top Bottom