Should I start flowering my White Widow?

ya those look good stereo, good job. If i were you stereo, i would wait a week if you have the patience. the longer the veg time the bigger yield you will end up with... so yes, wait if you can. But also know, they are ready to be flowered if you choose not to wait.
Thanks, I think I'll wait a week. I was also wondering what you think is the best way to clone when I only have one grow room. I have the equipment for cloning. Could I take the cuttings just before harvest then put them under the light 18/6? What do you think? Thanks.

No no no no. Clone BEFORE you switch to 12/12. Then, after cloning, allow the mother plant 2 weeks to recover before flowering. (Assuming you take 2 clones from each mother plant) And, the clones will need ~6 weeks to be ready to flower.

No no no no. Clone BEFORE you switch to 12/12. Then, after cloning, allow the mother plant 2 weeks to recover before flowering. (Assuming you take 2 clones from each mother plant) And, the clones will need ~6 weeks to be ready to flower.
But I dont know the sex of the plants yet, I would have to wait until I flower to know the sex. I heard you can clone a flowering plant. I don't have room for any more plants, I already have six plants in my tiny closet, but I don't want to have to buy more seeds after harvest. What should I do? :S

Hiya.

How's the FIM going?

Re the cloning. You can clone pretty much any time you want. If you do it in veg - it is a little easier, and then you will be in the same situation you are now of FIM and LST to control height for the next 6-8 weeks. If you feel up to it - you will end up with big plants for sure.

OR

"Budding" or "Flowering" Clones. Wait til about day 21 of 12/12 and take clones from the bottom branches of the plant. Those you would likely be trimming off anyways about that time. The flowering clones will take a little longer to root, and then take an extra 10 days to revert to veg, but when they do they will be far bushier than a normal clone AND the timing should work out that they are ready to go into the 12/12 area as soon as your current ones come out.

BTW - you seemed to jump right into FIM - which is great - but you should definitely explore LST.

:peace::rollit:

Papa Green, i am going to try to persuade him to LST when the time comes!!!

And stereo101, I see what you mean. What your going to have to do is keep your plants in VEG until they DO show sex (and they will). You dont have to flower to see the sex, (pre-flowers, pre-flowers, pre-flowers!!!!) Then, throw out the males unless you want to separate them in another room. And then clone any females you want to. Then let them recover that 2 weeks, throw them under 12/12 and wah-lah!

But, Papa Green's advice works also ;P

Hiya.

How's the FIM going?

Re the cloning. You can clone pretty much any time you want. If you do it in veg - it is a little easier, and then you will be in the same situation you are now of FIM and LST to control height for the next 6-8 weeks. If you feel up to it - you will end up with big plants for sure.

OR

"Budding" or "Flowering" Clones. Wait til about day 21 of 12/12 and take clones from the bottom branches of the plant. Those you would likely be trimming off anyways about that time. The flowering clones will take a little longer to root, and then take an extra 10 days to revert to veg, but when they do they will be far bushier than a normal clone AND the timing should work out that they are ready to go into the 12/12 area as soon as your current ones come out.

BTW - you seemed to jump right into FIM - which is great - but you should definitely explore LST.

:peace::rollit:
Hey, the FIM went fine, the plants are really bushy now.
Re cloning, could I take the buds off one of the plants at harvest, but not cut it down, then revert it back to 18/6 for a while, then take the clones? This would be the best if it's possible, as I wouldn't have to make another room for the clones. Thanks for your help.

Latest pic:

rsz_1100_5394apr21.jpg

It is possible to that yes. Take the buds off leaving as many leaves as you can still on the shrub. Then, de-pot it, cut off half the root mass, fill bucket up with more, fresh soil and put back under 18/6. I believe it takes a week or so for the plant to get back into VEG growth but from what i have heard it works....just a bit slow.

It is possible to that yes. Take the buds off leaving as many leaves as you can still on the shrub. Then, de-pot it, cut off half the root mass, fill bucket up with more, fresh soil and put back under 18/6. I believe it takes a week or so for the plant to get back into VEG growth but from what i have heard it works....just a bit slow.
Thanks, I think I'll do that. I also just tried LST on one of the younger plants. Here's a pic:

100_5398Aril21LST.JPG

Ok guys, they have been in 12/12 for 3 days now and they havn't reacted very well. They have gone VERY droopy and one of them looks on the brink of survival. Alot of the bottom leaves have gone limp and lifeless and are just hanging there..... what is going on?? The top leaves seem dry and almost crusty with patches of brown but they are mostly green. Please could someone help??

it shouldn't be the lights. sticking to your watering schedule? sounds like underwatering

Ye, I think it was just underwatering. they're back strong and healthy now. I killed one male. I'll put some more pics up soon.

you will be ok just breath lol looking good if you fim in the right spot you can get as many as 4,6 even 8 tops i love fiming practice makes perfect keep up the good work

Hey guys, I discovered that one of my plants went hermie :/ However it's like 95% female and it's easily the healthiest of all my plants with great genetics. It has far larger buds than the rest, which just have tiny ones with lots of pistils. I was hoping to keep this as a mother plant and take clones from it. I removed all the large pollen sacs and I will continue to remove any that appear. I couldn't afford to kill it really so I'm hoping for the best. If no more sacs appear, could I clone it and get a female? or would I be guaranteed a hermie? Thanks.

it would be a hermie for sure if you clone from it. go ahead and finish it out, harvest it, and then germinate those seeds. those will be more likely to be female

Hi Guys,
I didn't want to butt in, however I was following your post as I had to lol. I asked the same questions and read many books and made many mistakes. Far from an expert but "Keepin it Green" Last season I grew a 10ft White Widow, 12ft Afgani, and a 5ft G-13. These plants were grown outside, and flowered as follows: WW July/August, Af October/November, and G-13 December/January. I was happy about that because they were so massive. Didn't know what to do! Well the last plant (G-13) I left half of the plant to see if it would continue to grow. That was an unanswered question of mine. Because the other two plants dried up and died off?? I left this one with a little more green, and watched. It look as if it was going to die too as the buds dried and crumbled in my hands, and then, 2 months later, March, at last some green leaves at the bottom, and then more. Everywhere, 4 to 5 bud branches where there was a crumbled, dried up bud. So, yes your plant can come back for a second season! Stronger than ever. I think as the plant is cut back after bloom the trunk suffers, such as the two that didn't make it, they didn't need all the root and energy, so it burned its self out. :yummy: Take care to leave enough, and try not to shock it too much, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom